- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Man, I almost forgot to post today. Dammit!

8. INT. FARTHEST MANSION HALL NIGHT

 

CHRISTINE has her secret door open and is in the midst of closing it when CAITLIN, back in her normal clothes, enters the area.

 

CAITLIN

Christine!

 

CHRISTINE

Oh! Miss Robinson!

She accidentally closes the doors on ARTHUR as he’s crawling out.

ARTHUR

Jenner, I’m stuck.

 

CHRISTINE

How may I be of service to you this evening?

 

CAITLIN

The police arrested a boy from downtown for no reason except your orders!

 

CHRISTINE

Oh that? Miss Robinson, it’s my job to keep the peace in Princeton, and he was a criminal, so I had no choice as far as my morals are concerned but to arrest him.

 

CAITLIN

What was his crime?

 

ARTHUR

Christine, I seriously can’t breathe.

 

CHRISTINE

Why, kidnapping the mayor’s daughter of course!

 

ARTHUR

Christine, get me outta…

She kicks him for the door to be shut tight.

ARTHUR

Ow! That seriously hurt!

 

CAITLIN

He did not kidnap me! I met him in the street when I ran away!

 

CHRISTINE

Oh no! Oh dear, this is not good. I should never have jumped into conclusions. I shouldn’t have said anything.

 

CAITLIN

What are you talking about?

 

CHRISTINE

I’m afraid my sentence for this boy was carried out before I even sent the officers to the city.

CAITLIN

And what sentence is that, Christine?

 

CHRISTINE

Try to imagine this, young madame: Arms and legs strapped, electrified in a metal chair, head hanging lifeless to the point his eyes could fall out.

CAITLIN screams. She’s so in shock, she falls onto the floor, SAM’s face flashing before her eyes. CHRISTINE offers assistance.

CHRISTINE

My god, Miss Robinson! You’re pale in the face. Here, let me just take you…

CAITLIN slaps her hand away.

CAITLIN

Don’t you dare touch me, you cruel witch!

She leaves the scene, crying. ARTHUR can finally open the secret door again and gasps for breath by the time he gets out.

 

ARTHUR

So? How did it go?

 

CHRISTINE

Actually, Arthur, I think it went…better than expected.

FADE scene change with them evilly smiling.

SCENE CHANGE: INT. CAITLIN’S BEDROOM

CAITLIN is sobbing on her bed, into her pillow. REMY climbs up the bedpost at the head and nudges CAITLIN, moving her hair away from her face.

CAITLIN

It’s all my fault, Remy. If I never got myself in trouble, I wouldn’t be crying like this.

REMY only softly squeaks as he sits by her.

Chapter End Notes:

New scene tomorrow as promised. Please favor and review!