- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So I decided to post a new scene after all. It's a tad early, but I need sleep to wake up at 4:30 AM tomorrow.

5. INT. PARLOR ROOM

ROBINSON paces around the billiards table.

ROBINSON

I don’t know where she gets her attitude from. Her father wasn’t always this picky before he passed. If only he were still here to tell her straight out.

CHRISTINE and ARTHUR’s shadows hover over ROBINSON. She’s shocked for a second, and the next, she’s relieved.

ROBINSON

Oh, Christine, I didn’t see you there.

CHRISTINE and ARTHUR are dressed in nicer clothes as assistants of the mayor.

ROBINSON

I’m in dire need of my advisors’ advice.

 

CHRISTINE

Our jobs are only but to serve you, ma’am. What seems to be the trouble?

 

ROBINSON

It’s this suitor business again. Caitlin utterly refuses to choose a husband, and I’m at my wits end.

ARTHUR

Yes, your wits end, ma’am.

 

ROBINSON

Oh, Arthur, you’re here, too. Want an animal cracker?

ARTHUR shakes his head. ROBINSON pulls out a box of animal crackers and takes one of them out.

ROBINSON

Here you go, boy.

 

Stuffs in ARTHUR’s mouth. CHRISTINE chuckles as ARTHUR is scowling.

 

CHRISTINE

Mrs. Robinson, you certainly have a way with dumb assistants.

 

ARTHUR stomps on one of CHRISTINE’s feet. CHRISTINE clears her throat.

 

CHRISTINE

Now, I shall devise a solution for this stubborn problem, ma’am.

 

ROBINSON

If anyone can help, it’s you, Christine.

 

CHRISTINE

But it’s going to require a specific diamond, Mrs. Robinson.

 

ROBINSON

My ring? But it’s the last thing of my husband’s…

 

CHRISTINE

And it’s necessary to find your daughter a suitor.

Takes out a necklace that’s black and white in the shape of an eye. She then dangles it in front of ROBINSON’s face.

CHRISTINE

But don’t worry. Everything will be fine.

A shaky aura appears from the eye charm. ROBINSON’s eyes remain frozen.

ROBINSON

Everything will be fine…

 

CHRISTINE

The diamond?

The ring is taken off.

 

ROBINSON

It’s right…here…and everything will be fine.

CHRISTINE snatches the ring from her fingers.

CHRISTINE

I am the utmost grateful, ma’am. Now, why don’t you go back to playing billiards, eh?

 

ROBINSON

Yes. That would be nice.

When CHRISTINE and ARTHUR are far enough from hearing range, ARTHUR splits the crack into a garbage bin.

ARTHUR

I can’t take it anymore! If I have to scoff down one more of those dry, disgusting animal crackers…

CHRISTINE opens a secret door in the wall.

 

ARTHUR

Bam! Wham! And a blow to the face, blam!

 

CHRISTINE

Calm yourself down, Arthur.

They are climbing the stairs. As ARTHUR is talking nonsense…

CHRISTINE

Soon enough, I’ll be in control of this town, not that Master’s Degree dropout twit.

 

ARTHUR

And then, I will get to stuff crackers down her throat, right?

 

CHRISTINE

Exactly.

The door to another room slams shut.

SCENE CHANGE: EXT. GARDEN NIGHT

CAITLIN, in sweatpants and a hoodie covering her body, sneaks out of her room and past the fountain to the mansion gates. She cautiously looks around for any guards out on duty and heads to the nearest tree to the fence. Just as she starts climbing, SPOTS pulls her down, begging her not to go.

CAITLIN

Aw, I’m sorry, Spots, but I can’t just stay here and have my life lived for me. I’ll miss you so much.

SPOTS assists her climb up the tree. Along the way, he’s whimpering.

CAITLIN

Goodbye, friend.

She jumps over and runs as SPOTS sadly watches her leave.

Chapter End Notes:

Again, please favor and review. Also check out my new blog, Blog: Mikayla Jackson. It'll have all sorts of life experiences and updates about my stories and stuff.