- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

New scene today

16. EXT. HILLSIDE

Fireworks burst into the sky above a celebrating town. CAITLIN is laying in the grass, staring up at the sky as SAM is next to her, watching her amazement.

CAITLIN

I never knew how magical fireworks could be until tonight.

SAM

I know, right? Aren’t they gorgeous?

 

CAITLIN

Definitely…Well, it’s quite a shame that Sarah is missing all of this, right?

SAM

Yeah, but she hates fireworks, and she ain’t much of a fan of flying either.

ALKAZAR makes cut throat motions as SAM turns to him.

SAM

Oh! I mean…that is if…Oh damn it!

CAITLIN rips SAM’s fedora off his head.

CAITLIN

You are the boy I met in the city. I knew it! Why are you lying to me?

SAM

Caitlin, I’m sorry!

 

CAITLIN

Do you think I’m stupid or something?

 

SAM

No! I don’t!

CAITLIN

That I’m not smart enough to figure this out!

 

SAM

No! I mean I hope you wouldn’t. Jesus! That’s not what I mean either!

CAITLIN

Who are you, and I want the dead truth this time!

 

SAM

The truth. Okay, the truth is…uhm…

ALKAZAR tosses his hand as if to say, “Tell her already.”

SAM

Okay, okay, the truth is sometimes I like to…dress as a commoner. You know to escape pressures of palace life?

ALKAZAR hides his face in the ground and moans.

SAM

But I am a prince, Prince Sali. Really.

 

CAITLIN

Why didn’t you tell me that sooner?

 

SAM

Well, you know. Royals going out disguised as common people? That’s weird, right?

 

CAITLIN

Hmm, I’ve done weirder things.

She snuggles closer to him, and SAM hugs her tight. ALKAZAR gazes at them with an “aw” expression on his face. SAM can’t stop smiling as he tightens his hug.

FADE SCENE CHANGE: EXT. CAITLIN’S BEDROOM BALCONY

ALKAZAR flies them both to the rails and SAM assists CAITLIN down.

SAM

Did you have a good time?

 

CAITLIN

It was marvelous, Sali.

As ALKAZAR lowers SAM down…

CAITLIN

Well, I guess I’ll…see you tomorrow?

Holding her hands…

SAM

Anytime you want, princess.

They lean over to kiss, which is when ALKAZAR jerks SAM upwards, locking lips much quicker than expected. When they part and CAITLIN goes towards her room, she can’t stop staring at SAM until she closes the door and the curtains. Excitedly, SAM falls backwards and screams…

SAM

Yes!

ALKAZAR catches him and sends him back down into the garden.

SCENE CHANGE: EXT. GARDEN

SAM

Alkazar, for the first time in my life, things are finally starting to go right.

SAM is yanked off the carpet by POLICE.

SAM

Hey, what the hell? Don’t touch me!

SAM’s cuffed at the wrists and duct taped at the mouth. SARAH has been tied down. ALKAZAR transforms into a wolf, trying to fight back until one of the OFFICERS tranquilizes him. CHRISTINE and ARTHUR’s shadows hover over SAM.

CHRISTINE

I’m afraid your welcome has been overstayed, Prince Swahili.

SAM angrily groans through the tape, trying to get free to attack the bitch. As CHRISTINE and ARTHUR walk away…

ARTHUR

Make sure this son of a bitch doesn’t come back as I said.

LIEUTENANT smacks SAM’s head to knock him out.

BLACKOUT

SCENE CHANGE: EXT. RIVER

The POLICE, snickering, toss SAM into the water. Under the surface, SAM wakes up to a brick chained to his ankle. He tries to escape, but it’s very hard. When he hits the ground, the chain around SAM’s waist loosens, so he attempts to rub the lamp and getting out of the handcuffs. It takes too long and because of lack of oxygen, SAM passes out again, closer to death this time. His fingers rub against the lamp’s side, and MICHAEL is released in boxers.

 

MICHAEL

Every time I take a shower, someone rubs the lamp. Yeah, Sam? Samy?

When he realizes he’s not waking up…

MICHAEL

Sam! Kiddo! Sali, snap out of it! Oh god, I said I wouldn’t cheat again, so all you gotta do is make a wish. You just gotta say…

(In SAM’s voice)

“Michael, I wish you would save my life.”

 

(Normal)

Okay? Come on, Sidhom!

Shakes him. SAM is still passed out.

MICHAEL

I’ll take that as a yes.

SOUND: Boat sirens

MICHAEL transforms into a submarine and grabs SAM to go back up to the surface.

MICHAEL

Operation: Saving Private Sidhom in progress. Rise, mateys! Rise! Rise!

He breaks the surface, splashing everywhere. MICHAEL turns back into a human at this time and once on the ground, he presses against SAM’s chest for CPR. SAM coughs the water out plenty of times.

MICHAEL

Dude, you scared me! I thought I lost you!

 

SAM

Mike, I…I just…

Hug and starts to cry a little.

SAM

Thank you so much.

 

MICHAEL

Hey, don’t cry. I’ll take ya back.

SAM hops on MICHAEL’s back, and he flies over the fields to get back to Princeton.

MICHAEL

You know, I’m getting quite fond of you, kid. Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything, but you know what I mean.

 

SAM

Yeah, Mike, and I’m fond of you, too.

Chapter End Notes:

Be aware of my next blog entry tonight. Also, review and favor for me, plz.