- Text Size +
Story Notes:

 photo bannerNever_zpsef027589.jpg Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.




Okay so I decided to completly redo this story. I know it had 25 reviews but the writing was poor, events happened too early on in the story, chapters were too short and it wasn't at all descriptive. So for those of you who were regular readers of this story welcome to the new and improved Never. A lot of thing will be different. Those of you just joining welcome. I appreciate you reading this story. As always please review!

Author's Chapter Notes:
Welcome to the new and improved Never! Please review!!
All my life that I had ever known had been planned out for me. I was 16 years old and could never recall making a decison for myself. Little did I know that that summer would be the summer that I made one of the biggest decisons of my whole entire life.

I was never really content in my life. Even though I had everything I ever wanted and everything I ever needed there was just one thing that was missing. That summer I found it.

It all started on a warm day in June, the year being 1960. I was sitting underneath the large oak tree in our large yard. It was my hideout, away from my demanding father and arrogant mother. I spent almost all my time here. My parents never wanted to listen to what I had to say or what I wanted to do. I had no real friends, besides the ones my parents had picked for me so this tree was like a best friend. I'd sit under it as I wrote all of my hopes and dreams in journal and then tuck it away in a crany in the tree. I enjoyed writing, it was a career that I hoped to pursue. But at the rate I was going the only thing I was ever going to do with my life was be married off to a rich man I didn't love.

I was almost on the last page of my journal which proved how much writing I did. I wrote about all the pain of being me, of all the things I longed for like friends, family who understood me and love. Every time the pencil met the paper some kind of chemisry was ignited, I was in my own little world. But no one knew and no one cared.

I vigriously scribbled down everything on my mind. My thoughts moving faster than my hand. I didn't even realize my mother calling my name from the second story window of our mansion.

"Farrah, Farrah!! What are you doing down there!! Don't you hear me calling you??? I need you to come inside. There's someone I'd like you to meet. Come inside this house before you get sun burn. It's dreadfully hot outside." My mother finished dramatically. "Coming Mother!" I yelled with a roll of my eyes. It wasn't even 80 degrees outside. We lived in the mid-west. It's not like out summers were scorching hot.

I got up from the soft grass closed my journal and carefully tucked it in it's secret place. "I'll come back for you later." I whispered before heading in the direction of our massive house. We had so many rooms and I was an only child. It was so lonely living there. Minutes later I was pushing open the mahogany doors of our home. The strong aroma of lavender, that my mother always kept in the house hit me right in the face. I walked my barefeet over to the Victorian Style living room. I was shocked at what I saw.

Mother and Father were standing talking with a colored boy. He was very handsome. He was tall and thin, he had nice chestnut colored skin, black curly hair and big beautiful brown eyes. At my school everyone made fun of colored people's noses and lips. I sometimes laughed with them just to try to fit in but unlike them I liked people of all races. Now I wanted to write a letter to them telling them they were wrong. I'd read it at the first assembly. "Your wrong." I'd say. "You should see him, you should see"- If only I knew his name.

"Glad you finnaly came to join us Farrah." Father says interupting my current state of shock. "Um yeah, sorry Father. Who's this?" I asked my tone a bit too curious. "Farrah this is Michael. He's the new gardener." I looked at him again. He was too pretty to get dirty.

"What happened to Tom?" I asked. Tom was our old gardener. He was a friendly middle aged man who was rasing 6 kids on his own. I looked up to him. Mother sighed. "He, quit." She said. Whenever she says this that means she fired them. She recently did that to our newest maid. Since I was old enough to remember I have had about 6 care givers.

"He's not permant though. It's just for the summer. He'll be staying out back in the cottage. " Father added. "Well it's very nice to meet you Michael." I said straightening out my cotton dress. "The pleasure is all mine ma'm." He replied. I found myself growing red. Even his voice was pretty. I couldn't believe that a guy this handsome would be spending the summer on my property.

"Well Farrah you ought to get washed up for dinner. It's about that time." Mother said interupting my thoughts. "Yes mother" I replied. "Nice to meet you again Michael." I said before turning to leave up the stairs.

I hardly knew him but something, I don't know what made me want to get to know him better.
Chapter End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW!!!