- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's another chapter! It's a bit a filler but a chapter none the less. Please review!!
“Mom, are you sure you’re okay?” Harry asked me for the second time that night. There was no soccer practice this afternoon so that gave Harry and I some mother-son bonding time. We were currently in the kitchen making dinner. Whenever Harry was home he’d always help me make dinner. He was so helpful, one of the many things I loved about him.

“Why do you ask that kiddo?” I ask, clearing off the cutting board. “Because, you nearly cut your fingers off chopping up those tomatoes!” He exclaimed while stirring a skillet of ground beef over the stove. His eyes shifted to my face for a minute and then back to the skillet. To be honest I wasn’t okay. I still couldn’t get my mind off of my conversation with Michael. It had been a week but I was still bothered by it. I couldn’t believe he had the audacity to try and start a relationship with me while he’s still legally married to Brooke. He was treating me like I’m some side piece and that’s a level I will never stoop down to.

“I’m fine Harry.” I replied shooting him a small smile as I gathered all the garnishing for our tacos. Of course I couldn’t explain any of this to Harry. “Just checking.” He replied. “Well, thanks for caring.” I said walking over to him and tapping the tip of his nose. He smiled his dimpled smile. “I’ll finish the rest of this; you can start setting the table.” I spoke grabbing the skillet from his grasp. “Are you sure you’re not gonna burn it?” Harry ask a smirk upon his lips. I gasped, slightly offended. “Go set the table.” I replied firmly. “Yes ma’m.” He replied scurrying into the small dining area before he could get into any further trouble.

When the meat is finished cooking there’s a loud knock on my door. I look at the clock. It’s just a little over seven. Who could possibly be knocking on my door at this time? I paid the rent so it couldn’t be the landlord. “I’ll get it Mom!” Harry calls from the dining area. “Alright.” I replied as I began taking the food to the table. “Someone’s here to see you Mom.” Harry informs me as he re-enters the dining room, resuming the task of setting the table for our meal. I shrug and head to front door where none other than Michael is standing.

“Hello Erin.” He says with a smile. I’m genuinely surprised to see him but not happy either. “Michael.” I replied. “What do you want? I ask nudging him outside of the door. I close it behind me. My apartment is way too small for us to talk freely without Harry hearing our conversation.” Michael’s doe eyes widen. “Wow, way to make your best friend feel welcomed.” He replied, sarcasm ever present in his voice. “Don’t beat around the bush. Why are you here? If you haven’t noticed, my son and I were just about to have dinner.” I spoke, lowering my voice at bit. “You left this at our- I mean Brooke’s house.” He replied handing me my denim jacket. I had left in a fit of rage that Saturday. I hardly noticed I had left it.

“Thanks. You drove all the way from Jersey to give me this?” I asked. There had to be some anterior motive as to why Michael had shown up. “Actually, I moved back to the city.” He replied. “So you’re really serious about this whole thing?” I asked folding my arms across my chest. “Serious about what?” Michael asked. I sighed. “About divorcing Brooke. Oh wait, that’s today. Tomorrow it’ll be different tune.” I spat. Michael groaned. “Don’t even go there Erin. I am serious and I intend to show you I’m serious.” He replied


I rolled my eyes. “Whatever. Why else are you here?” I asked raising my eyebrows. “How did you know I was here for something else?” Michael asked. I smiled for the first time since seeing him. “We’ve been friends for over twenty years. I know you.” I replied. Michael took a deep breath. “Okay, I want you to go out with me on Friday night.” He declared. “Like a date?” I ask. He grins. “I guess you could call it that.” Michael replied suavely. Even though I was very upset with Michael I was internally swooning. I had been dreaming of the moment he’d ask me out on date since I was a teenager. Call me a sucker.

“You know I’m very pissed off with you right now.” I spoke. Michael sighed. “I know I’m an asshole and I’m sorry. But I meant what I said. I just need you to give me a chance.” He replied. I smirked “I’m going to have to decline that offer.” I replied casually. Yes, I wanted to be with Michael but after all he had done he didn’t deserve to have me so quickly.

Michael's face dropped. “You what?” He asked. “I said I’m going to have to decline that offer. Now if you’ll excuse me; its dinner time, I’m hungry and Harry’s probably eaten all the tacos. Thanks for bringing me my jacket. Goodnight Michael.” I replied happily. The look on his face was priceless. “Night Erin.” He replied softly, defeat evident in his voice. I smiled sweetly and headed back into my apartment.



If Michael really wanted me, it wasn’t going to be easy. He’d certainly have to work hard to win back my affections.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading and please review!!