- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi readers!! So I got a chance to update but this for sure is the last update for while. Don't worry, I'll be back. Please review!!
“You remember my girlfriend Jen? She got married about a year ago and she got her dress from there. It was gorgeous!!” Brooke exclaimed keeping her eyes fixed on the road. I wasn’t really paying attention to what she was saying I was too busy chugging down my can of ginger ale hoping to get rid of this wave of nausea that had washed over me this morning . Ever since Brooke and I made up, plans for the wedding have been moving along very smoothly. It’s all thanks to her. If it weren’t for Brooke I’d still be at step one. She could work magic. Thanks to my little sister I now had a set date and location, a cake and I was even registered for presents. The weeks leading up to my wedding were winding down fast and there was still one major thing left for me to do. The thing every future bride looks forward to- I needed to find the perfect wedding dress. That was our mission for today.


I rolled my window down a bit to get some fresh air. “Erin, are you okay? You seem a little off.” Mother asked from the back seat of the car. I couldn’t go shopping for the perfect dress without my Mom. I turned to her with a smile. “I’m fine Mom. “ I replied confidently taking another sip from my can. “If you insist.” She replied reluctantly. I wish she could tell me what’s wrong with me. My mother always knows what’s wrong with me. It’s like she has a gift. I really wish I had that gift. I could tell when something was wrong with Harry but I never knew exactly what. Maybe it’s a gift I’ll acquire over time.

After what seemed like forever, Brooke finally parked in front of a pretty little shop. She smiled widely. “Well, we’re here. Ready to find the dress of your dreams?” Brooke asked. I smiled. “I’ve been ready for this day forever!” I replied excitedly. It was true. I’d always fantasized about finding the perfect dress. I was super excited.

The three of us got out of and headed toward the lavishly designed shop. I caught a glimpse of a few dresses displayed in the window. I was completely impressed. My stomach was beginning to feel a bit better. The brass bell jingled as Brooke opened the door for Mother and I. “Welcome to Eva’s Ever After, can I - Dios Mio!! Eriiiiiin!!!” A familiar, thick Latina accent I thought I’d never hear again greeted me as we approached the counter. Suddenly that nauseous feeling was returning. Brooke and Mother exchanged worried glances.

“Erin, it so good to see you!!!” Eva exclaimed practically leaping from her spot behind the counter. She enveloped me into a tight hug that nearly crushed my bones. She pulled away. “Nice to see you too.” I replied with artificial excitement. That’s a lie. Even though I’d only met her once I could tell she was extra annoying. I wonder how Michael puts up with her?

“You look great!! When is your wedding??? I could make you something absolutely estupendo!! Just say when!!” Eva exclaimed loudly. I’ll never get used to that voice. “In about three weeks actually. Do you work here?” I asked. “Work here?? I own it chica!!! Hence the name!”” She replied. So, there’s a brain in that pretty little head of hers after all ? That’s a shocker.

“Um, I take it you two know each other?” Brooke asked. I really don’t want to own up to the fact that I know a person like Eva. It’s all because of Michael. “Si! Erin’s a friend of Michael’s. Michael’s my boyfriend.” Eva replied. Brooke raised an eyebrow. Uh oh. Ex- wife meeting current girlfriend is a recipe for disaster.

“Michael ,as in Michael Jackson?” She asked annoyed. Eva nodded her head rapidly. “He’s a dreamboat. You know him too?” She asked twriling a strand of hair around her finger. Brooke folded her arms across her chest. “ Yes, I know him very well. He’s my ex-husband.” Eva’s face paled a bit “Oh, well- “ I could feel the tension starting to thicken. “Eva, I really need your help finding something absolutely stunning for my wedding. I need the perfect dress.” I declared hoping to change the subject. Eva smiled widely. “And the perfect dress you shall get.”
****

The next hour was spent trying on numerous different dresses, all of which Eva designed herself. I was really impressed with her work. Every gown was unique and lovely. Even though Eva was thoroughly annoying she really had talent. “C’mon out Rin. Let’s see that dress!” Brooke called to me from outside of the dressing room. I ran my hands over the delicate silk one last time before slowly opening the door. As I wanted out of the dressing room, Mother, Brooke and Eva all gasped.


I placed my hands on my hips. “Is it really that bad? I bet I’m getting fat.” I spoke. Mother shook her head. There were tears in her eyes. “Que bonita.” Eva declared.” It’s like that dress was made for you.” She continued. “You’re absolutely stunning Erin.” Mother spoke tearfully. Brooke smiled widely. “Why don’t you take a look at yourself , Sis?” She suggested. I slowly approached the mirror. I could hardly believe it was me. The dress was unbelievably beautiful. It was made of delicate silk. It draped gracefully over one shoulder and fell in all the right places. I felt confident in it. The dress was simple yet elegant. Just what I was looking for.


“I bet you fiancé will drool when he sees you coming down the aisle.” Eva teased. I just smiled. “This is the one. This is the perfect fit.”
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry it's so short and crappy. Thanks for reading andp please review!!!