- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi readers! Are you still with me? As you can see the title of the story has changed but that's all that will change. Here's another chapter! I really hope you all are still with me! Please remember to review and let me know how it was!!!
No. No. No! He cannot be here at this time! Michael was just the right person to ruin my date. He could not know I’m here. Without thinking, I quickly ducked under the table.

How stupid of you Erin! Jacob’s gonna think something’s wrong with you.“Erin, everything okay?” Jake ask concern evident in his voice. “Uhuh.” I replied from under the table. Come on Erin! You can’t spend the whole night under the table.

I sighed before slowly rising from the under the table bumping my head on the way up. Well that’s just sexy. Jake chuckled. “Watch the noggin there. Are you sure everything’s okay?” I rubbed the back of my head while chuckling lightly. “Yeah, just thought I heard my cell phone ringing that’s all. Could be an emergency involving Harry.” I lied. Jake smiled. “He’ll be fine.” He assured me. I smiled, my eyes quickly darting around the restaurant for Michael. He was sitting at a table opposite Jake and I. The only thing separating us was a fish tank filled with exotic fish. I pray to God he doesn’t see me.

“So, what exactly is it like to be a parent?” Jacob ask me breaking me from my thoughts. He rested his large hand on top of mine causing me to blush. “Well, it’s kind of like a full-time job. It can be tough and demanding at times but at the end of the day it’s always rewarding and fulfilling.” I replied. Jake smiled. “ I like the way you put that.” He said. I found myself blushing again. He grinned. “I also like it when you blush. It’s cute.” Jake added. At that moment I felt all my troubles were gone and nothing could ruin this night.

“Erin, is that you?” A familiar voice rang in my ears. I cringed. So much for that feeling. I slowly tore my gaze away from Jake and turned to him. “Hi Michael!” I exclaimed putting on an artificial smile. He was the last person I wanted to see right now. His face held a slightly shocked expression and his eyes fell upon Jacob and I’s intertwined hands. “What are you doing here?” He asked. I smiled. “Well, I’m on a date.” I replied making sure to put extra enfaces on the word date. I could tell he was getting jealous.“What are you doing here?” I asked. Michael sighed. “Well, I had a craving for some Thai tonight so I figured I’d come here. But since I’m dinning solo, I might as well join you guys.” He replied pulling up a chair beside me.

Um, no you may not join us. But you’re more than welcome to jump of the face of the earth.

Before Jake and I could protest Michael had already sat down. I looked over at Jacob who’s handsome face held an annoyed expression. I just died in the inside. So much for my date. “Sure, make yourself comfortable.” I replied, sarcasm in every syllable. “So, I take it you know Erin?” Jake asked Michael. “Oh yeah, we go way back.” He replied putting his arm around me. I’ll dare he touch me. I quickly shrugged him off. “Pardon me Jake. Michael this is Jake, Jake this is Michael my best friend and brother-in-law.” I spoke introducing the two. So yes, Michael wouldn’t be my brother-in-law for much longer but until he divorced Brooke he was still my brother-in-law.“Nice to meet you.” Jacob spoke extending his hand for Michael to shake although I’m pretty sure he was not at all pleased to meet him. Michael reluctantly took Jacob’s hand and nodded to him. “So, you’re also her brother-in-law. What made you skip out on Erin and marry her sister?” Jake asked. It’s a long story Jake. A looong story.

Michael shrugged. “Guess I just never saw Erin in a romantic light.” He replied. Liar. Jake grinned. “Hey man, that’s okay. I get to have her all to myself. You’ve missed out.” He replied grabbing hold of my hand again. I smiled. Eat your heart out Michael!!!

“So Erin, you never told me about Jack. How’d you two meet?” Michael asked casually leaning back in his chair. “Well, first of all its Jake. And he lives in my apartment building.”I replied. “You mean, you never told your best friend about how handsome and charming I am? I’m hurt.” Jacob declared playfully. “Erin doesn’t really like to tell me about the guys she dates. Erin’s special to me and I’m really protective of her. Whoever hurts her hurts me and then, I hurt them.” Michael replied in a casual tone. So now he wants to act like he cares about me? Please! Jake frowned and I could tell that Michael was beginning to become a nuisance.

I laughed nervously. “Well you won’t have to worry about that. Jacob’s a gentleman. He knows how to treat a woman. He doesn’t play mind games nor does play with women’s emotions.” I replied firmly before taking a sip of my drink. Jake raised an eyebrow completely oblivious to what I talking about. Michael glared at me. “Right Jake?” I asked for confirmation. “Right. Absolutely.” He replied. I gave Michael a satisfied smirk. There was an awkward silence which was short lived when the waitress came with Jacob and I’s food. “This looks really good.”I declared smiling at Jacob. He returned the smile half-heartedly. “Can I get you anything sir?” The waitress asked Michael. Michael shot me a smile before turning to the waitress. “Yes, I’d like the Tom Yam.” He replied handing her the menu. Michael was determined to make my date go bad. After imposing upon our dinner and practically threatening Jake he had crossed the line.

Michael, Jacob and I ate in awkward silence. This was certainly not how I planned my first date with Jacob to turn out. I shot Michael a glare as I stuffed my mouth with rice noodles. If looks could kill he’d be dead. Damn you Michael. Damn you.

*******

Jacob and I walked to my apartment in silence. The only sound audible was our breathing and the echo of my heels clicking through the corridor. I could tell that Jake was a bit annoyed after what had happened tonight. And who could blame him. I was annoyed myself.

We’d finally reached my door. I sighed. “Look Jake, I’m sorry about what happened tonight with Michael. I didn’t expect that to happen.” I spoke breaking the silence. Jacob sighed. “It’s alright. I didn’t expect that to happen either. I was really look forward to spending some alone time with you though. So much for that.” He replied sadly. “Me too. Next time ,let’s go somewhere private. That is if you want a second date.” I agreed. Jacob smiled. “Are you kidding? Of course I want a second date.” He replied. I smiled widely, blushing yet again. “There you go blushing again.” Jake teased. I giggled.

We were silent for a while and Jake was slowly closing the gap between us. I couldn’t help but feel slightly nervous about what was going to happen next. It had been forever since I’d been kissed. Did I even still know how to kiss? Jacob gently took his index finger and tilted my chin up. He then leaned down and placed a gentle kiss upon my lips. That wasn’t too hard. And to top it all off Jake was an amazing kisser.

We gently pulled apart. I smiled widely. “You kiss by the book.” I declared. Jacob grinned.”Shakespeare never sounded so sexy.” He replied. I blushed letting out a light laugh. “Despite the interruption, I had a great time tonight.” I said. “I hope we can do something like that again. I just hope your friend Michael isn’t around.” Jake replied with a roll of his eyes. “Oh trust me. He won’t be.” I replied a hint of annoyance in my voice. Jake smiled. “So, this is goodnight?” He asked. I smiled and nodded. “Yeah. Goodnight. Give me a ring some time.” I replied as I put my key in my door. Jacob raised an eyebrow. I mentally face palmed myself realizing what I had just said. “I mean like a ring on the phone.” He smiled. “Gotcha. Night Erin.” He called before turning to catch the elevator.

I closed the door to my apartment with a huge smile. The world literally felt like it was spinning in a very good way. I felt like belting out “I Feel Pretty” and I don’t even like “Westside Story.” It been so long since I’d felt this way. I was smitten. I’d been standing at the door grinning like an idiot for about 5 minutes until I noticed Harry sitting on the sofa staring at me with sleepy green eyes.

“Mom, you okay there? You seem kinda spaced out.” He asked in a groggy voice. I sighed contently. “Oh I’m just fine kiddo. What are you still doing up?” I questioned as I kicked off my shoes and plopped down next to him. “Well, I was watching TV and then I feel asleep. You woke me up coming in.” He replied running a hand through his messy head of curls. “So.. How’d it go?” Harry asked casually with a mischievous grin that caused his dimples to show. I smiled. “Well, it wasn’t that great. But it wasn’t that bad either.” I replied honestly. Harry shrugged. “Well next time it better be all good or else Jake’s gonna have questions to answer. I’m going to bed now. Night mom.” Harry replied placing a quick kiss on my cheek before trudging off to bed.



I thought back to tonight. Things didn’t go too bad and I really, really liked Jacob and he seemed to really like me. The night would have been absolutely perfect if it weren’t for Michael. I certainly had a bone to pick with him.
Chapter End Notes:
So are you Team Jacob or Team Michael? Thanks for reading and please review!!!