- Text Size +

The sheets were ripped off Eva's body waking her up from the jumbled sleep. Immediately she yawned groggily as she gazed at the faces of a smirking Adil and deadpanned Aadesh standing behind him. The pair of brothers were dressed identically wearing lime green shirts with matching navy blue jeans and black sneakers on their feet.

"Why are you both up this early?" Eva questioned yawning again while tugging on the covers; Adil pulled the covers away out of her reach.

"Cousin Dearest the time is twenty minutes past eight in the morning. We are lucky to be gifted a chance to sleep an extra hour" Aadesh replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Unfortunately Daadi sent us up to wake you up for a long day dedicated to bridal shopping including getting our own outfits. You have till nine to get ready and eat" Adil added.

"Great!" Eva grumbled fully awake now.

"Get up cousin breakfast is ready because Daadi is waiting for us downstairs. When you are ready we will go" Adil said and proceeded to rub her  messy hair sticking up in numerous directions.

The duo left Eva to get dressed and prepared for their long day ahead with Daadi. The trios of cousins were not looking forward to spending the entire day with her but the task had to be done.

Around quarter to nine o'clock Eva walked into the living room to see the twins and Daadi eating breakfast together without the presence of Vikram in sight. Eva was relieved that she would not be submitted to his false affections.

"Vikram is not around Eva. He decided to have breakfast at work and will be back later in the evening" Aadesh said taking a sip from his drink responding to the question he knew was on his cousin's mind.


"Good morning child the boys cooked breakfast again for us. Once we finish eating we can go with the colours Vikram requested to match his outfit and go to the shopping place" Daadi explained coolly.

 

"Good morning Daadi I understand." Eva greeted with a short smile towards the older woman.

 

Daadi sniffed at the greeting before silence fell on the family as they all ate their fill from the food provided by the twins.

Once the food was finished and the plates were washed, the family left the house to meet the taxi waiting for them outside the home.

 

Thankfully Daadi was sat in the front seat next to the taxi driver talking the poor male's ears off in Hindi, He drove on nodding back and forth at certain parts but his mind was focused on the road ahead leaving the trio in the back seat to chat quietly.

 

"Why are you both in matching clothes today? Is it a twin for sale day?" Eva teased sassily to the twins who both gave her annoyed glares.

 

"You are such a comedian couz but no we are matching-"Adil said.

 

"--- Because Daadi forced us to twin for the day knowing we hate twinning" Aadesh finished.

 

"But you both look adorable" Eva cooed sweetly at the already irritated pair.

 

The conversation ended when the taxi parked near the entrance of the ‘Asian Luxuries'. One by one stepping out of the taxi the family of four strolled forward to the busy streets heading straight to the bridal shops.

 

Opening the door like a true gentleman, Adil gestured for the ladies to in first, ignoring the smug smirk on his brother's face, tripped him when he walked into the shop.

 

"Now that we are inside. Boys look for anything that will not make the pair of you stand out" Daadi commanded to the pair.


"Yes Daadi" they sighed simultaneously before the brothers walked off to find outfits together leaving Daadi and Eva alone together.

 

"Don't run off child we will look for right colour of blue to match the theme. At least your eyes somewhat are good for a cause" Daadi spoke with heavy handed sigh and began to instruct poor Eva on the choices of sarees she wanted her to try.

 

After two sarees and nothing but spiteful jabs at her figure and heritage (as always) Eva decided to pick a saree out herself. She chose a beautiful baby blue saree, the edges of the skirt lined in rows of endless crystals shimmering in her arms.

 

Holding the saree in her arms Eva showed the dazzling outfit to an unbothered Daadi who eyed the material before ordering her to bring it closer. Gliding withered hands across the silky material before making her verdict in a barking voice.

"Humph not bad child but this colour is too bright for your dark skin which is pity if you had inherited pale skin from your German side this would have been the perfect fit. Go and find a darker blue not all these bright colours I don't want you to stand out beside my son in law"


Eva fought the urge to roll her eyes at the older woman. Wordlessly she went back to the long rack of sarees on display putting the elegant dress back and stepping back she spotted the twins fooling around with the scarfs wrapped around their necks pretending to be models on the runway.

 

"You both should be finding your own clothes. Neither of you are five years old" Eva lectured with arms folded against chest as the brothers both spun around to face her.

 

"Oh look bro guess who has come back to join us" Aadesh teased cheekily.

 

"We were looking dearest cousin but these beautiful sarees distracted us. We still have two years till eighteen soo we still have our youth to play about so there" Adil added with a cheeky smirk.

 

"Why haven't you both found anything yet? Daadi will still find a way to nag you both" Eva huffed at the pair walking into the male section. She began to shuffle though the long line of male clothes.

 

"No she won't cous. She loves us way too much" Adil bragged shimmering his shoulders with the saree scarf around his neck while Aadesh shook his head at his brother.


"She loved you both so much that you both are matching" Eva answered with a sly smirk.


"Whoa she is evolving Adil! Her snarky comments are getting better" Aadesh said rubbing his beardless chin in thought.


"I'm proud of you Eva it has to be my influence. Come dance with me" Adil boasted wiggling his eyebrows flinging the scarf around Eva's waist using to wiggle her around in a goofy dance earning a snort of laughter from her.

 

"stop Adil! I do not want Daadi to catch us" Eva chortled trying to hold in her giggles while Aadesh rolled his eyes at his brother's antics.

 

"Help me Aadesh you have more sense than Adil" Eva cried out for help, stuck in Adil's tug of war.

 

"I'm not involved in any of his craziness couz" Aadesh replied with hands up in surrender with a wide grin.

 

Wondering where her grandchildren were up to, Daadi got up from the seat provided to look for them in the store. Not looking too far her ears picked up the gleeful laughter to find them together having fun when they should be looking for their clothes and that greatly annoyed the older woman greatly.


"What are you all standing here for?! Find what I asked you for! We do not have all day!" she screamed at the trio snapping them out of their moment of fun before briskly walking away to return to the chair.

 

The moment of fun ruined by Daadi the group of three shared a mournful sigh before splitting up to find something to show instead of wasting more time.

 

The twins strolled to Daadi holding two different coloured suits since the twins were not the same height because Aadesh was wider in the chest area and slightly taller than his brother, they chose to bring their own clothing in hopes Daadi would let them off to wear what they want.

 

"Now boys we can finish your own shopping first before we continue with Eva. Now what did you bring?" Daadi questioned eyeing the suits in their hands.

 

"Daadi ... I and Adil feel we are old enough to wear individual suits for the wedding to come. We prefer to dress ourselves in our unique styles." Aadesh spoke up in favour of for himself and his twin praying that Daadi will bend her will and allow them wear separate clothes.

 

"Your choices are not bad but I want to see you both match is all" Daadi answered with a sweet smile at the brothers.

 

"But Daadi we match most of the time and it just feels we are too grown to be matching now. We are not children anymore" Adil responded calmly rolling his eyes mentally at her ignoring their statements.

 

"It does not matter you both are still living under my roof you will wear the same outfits!" Daadi commanded swiping away the sweet tone in favor of control.

 

"How about this Daadi? We wear the choice of matching suits but in different colours?" Aadesh suggested sensing his twin was ready to snap back at her and get them both grounded.

 

"Sounds good boys now go pick a better design I do not like the flower style designs on the top and bottom they are too girly" Daadi rebuked.

 

The cycle continued for another thirty minutes for the pair till the perfect suits were found for them and it was now time to sort out Eva.  Once she was sorted they would head off to buy the shoes alongside the accessories.

 

Unfortunately nothing appealed to Daadi's perfect vision for her least favorite grandchild in the Asian store, since the boys were sorted for their outfits it was decided to measure the boys and leave the store for the boys' accessories lasting thirty minutes.

Alas jumping from one shop to another in the area of ‘Asia Luxuries' and still finding nothing that matched Daadi's vision they went home with stomachs full of snacks till Eva cooked later in the evening.

 

 

 

Meanwhile...

 

Finished with another grueling day at work Vikram was glad to get the chance to leave early (after a charming discussion with his female boss). He left work with a sly smirk on his lips knowing he was about to eat a light lunch at an expensive pub down the road in his car.

 

Vikram loosened his work tie alongside pulling up his navy blue coloured sleeves up to his forearms. Afterwards smoothed back his hair in the front view mirror before stepping out to meet his three o'clock appointment in the pub.

 

He walked into the pub noticing the neon blue decorations that gave the club an electro atmosphere that Vik liked. A tanned male waiter approached him at the door greeted him and asked how many people would be accompanying him.

"Just me and a lady friend" Vikram answered simply.

 

The waiter nodded and turned around to walk forward to find a two seater in the bustling pub. Luckily for Vik there was a spare two-way seater neon coach accompanied by a marble table near the back entrance of the pub which was to his liking.

 

Vik wiggled his way into the coach till he was comfortably sat with his arms crossed as the waiter asked if he needed anything.

 

"I want a glass of Gin and tonic with ice. I'll order my meal later when my friend arrives" Vikram said to the young waiter.

 

"No problem sir I'll be back shortly with your drink" the young waiter responded and left him on his own.

 

While waiting Vikram looked down at his watch in annoyance wondering when one of his lady friends would be arriving.

A few minutes later the waiter returned with his order when a copper coloured voluptuous bodied woman in a neon yellow back zipper walked to his table with her purse in hand.

 

"You are late Maahi" Vikram spoke up in a clipped tone.

 

"I'm sorry I am late bacha. The office kept me busy but I can make it up to you later tonight" Myra apologised to him and then scooted over him purposely pressing her bum against his crotch before seating by his side.

 

"Maybe not to night you can make it up to me another time Maahi. I've missed your presence. Give me a kiss" Vikram responded pulling her closer to his side drinking in her appealing face.

 

"Anything for you my love" Myra replied with a sweet smile towards Vikram leaning into his side to press her plump lips against his as they sat at the dinner lip locking before pulling away for air.

 

"If I did not have to go that senseless dinner with my fiancé with that idiotic family we would be in a hotel alone" Vikram sighed with his thumb rolling circles against Myra's thigh.

 

"There will be other times we can be spend together" Myra replied trying to sooth his ego wishing she could have Vikram all to herself. Unknowingly she was not the only other woman in his life.

 

"Let us just enjoy our time together" Vikram replied charmingly squeezing her to his side as Myra gave him a tender smile.

 

.

.

 

Evening arrived for the family of four waiting in the living room for Vikram to arrive home from work. Everybody's bellies rumbled hungrily at the appetising smells of the food cooked by Eva for the night.

 

"Oh come on where is he?! It's past eight I need to eat" Adil complained with a long-suffering sigh.

 

"Chill bro he will be arriving soon ... I hope" Aadesh told his twin in a soothing tone ignoring the cries of hunger from his own stomach patting his back.

 

"Hush both of you. When my son in law returns you can eat," Daadi snapped at the pair giving them a harsh glare.

                                                                                     
Eva didn't bother speaking up knowing there was no point in trying to persuade Daadi's one-track mind for her precious son in law. Her stomach was rumbling the loudest out of the group while the twins snickered at her guilty expression.

 

Luckily they did not have to wait any more when the sound of jiggling house - keys were heard from outside the front door. Once inside Vikram was met by the hungry expressions of his beloved wife and relatives.


"You did not have to wait for me. Dig in" Vikram invited with a wave of his hand watching as everyone immediately dived into the food as he decided to sit by Eva without any affection to seat down.

 

The noise of clicking forks and spoons occupied the small silence. Everyone indulged in their foods till stomachs were full from eating.

 

Now Vikram was intrigued to find out if Eva had found her dress to match his suit for the wedding.

 

"Did you find the dress for the wedding?" Vikram questioned eagerly in hopes to get this decision out of the way.

 

"Unfortunately my son we went to so many shops! Nothing was up to my standard. Most of them looked cheap. It was disaster of a day at least the boys are sorted out thankfully" Daadi nagged to him.

 

Vikram drew in a long breath while counting sheep in his head over this crazy woman's decisions when he wanted to get this part of the planning done in one day. In his mind too much time was spent looking for a sari.

 

"Your dress tastes are perhaps too highly priced for the Asian shops we have here?" Vikram insulted sweetly to Daadi as the twins and Eva sat aghast by his blunt insult.

 

"I just want my grandchild to have the wedding of her dreams with you my son! I cannot help have these high wants," Daadi answered miserably disregarding his insult.

 

"Alright. How about you and Eva go back to India for two weeks? This will be my wedding gift for you both to get the dress and come back in time for the wedding" Vikram suggested shrugging his shoulders.

 

"That sounds brilliant my son. What a clever idea. See boys! You should learn from him" Daadi praised standing up steadily to give him a warm hug.

 

"Ah thank you I will call the airport tomorrow to book the tickets" Vikram replied allowing her to hug him before gently pushing the older woman aside, whereas the twins and Eva shared looks of disgust at the sudden affection she bestowed on their enemy.

 

"Since this is a time of celebration how about I and one of the boys buy a dessert from the corner shop down the road? How about it Aadesh?" Vikram proposed unexpectedly.

                                                                                                                                                                                             
"Eh sure" Aadesh taken back by his sudden request got up from his seat as his twin patted his brother on the back signalling ‘be careful bro'.

 

The remaining family members watched Vikram and Aadesh walk out of the room, they left the home quietly.

 

Breathing in the crisp air walking side-by-side Vikram glanced down at the younger boy wondering what was ticking in his mind. Curiosity getting the best of him he chose to ask the boy about what happened a few nights ago.

 

"So Aadesh have you told anyone about what happened that night?" Vikram inquired, stopping his stride to face the younger boy.


"Why would I tell anyone? I have no need to say a word to a soul Vikram" Aadesh stated massaging the back of his neck holding eye contract with him.

 

Sucks to be you prick. Two smart individuals are plotting against you. I am glad that he did not pick Adil knowing my twin he would blow up in his anger and spill all our plans. Aadesh thought inwardly.

 

"Hm good" Vikram hummed in response and started walking again while Aadesh followed his lead.

 

A few minutes later the pair returned back home with the desserts in the plastic bags to eat amongst the family.

 

Chapter End Notes:

The ole woman is so blind isn't she? hmph. what do y'all think about this chapter??. Enjoy! <3