- Text Size +

In last three days Roy did not speak more than two words to his family. Everyone complied with his wishes because they knew he was not in the mood to talk. Jay wondered to herself why her husband was giving their family the silent treatment. She did not expect him to suddenly become quiet after the talk with Michael three days prior.

She pestered Michael trying to find out what had happened that day but he refused to spill anything and just repeated the same statement ‘It is up to uncle to speak'

Deciding to take matters into her own hands Jay woke up throwing the covers away as warm bile rose up in her throat as she rushed to the bathroom spending the next ten minutes heaving the contents of food from dinner last night down the toilet. Once she was done this disgusting task she tidied up the bathroom before having a shower and came out to get dressed.

 

After getting dressed she was surprised to see Roy laid down wide-awake swinging back a bottle of Guinness beer in his hand.

 

"Roy you are drinking again this early morning?" Jay asked him.

"A man can not enjoy a drink?" Roy questioned back speaking in a full sentence for the first time in days.

 

"Of course you can Roy but not usually this early in the morning. Have you at least brushed your teeth?" Jay nagged at him with a roll of her eyes.

 

"I am not in the mood for your fucking nagging woman. Can I get a break in this bloody house?!" Roy barked harshly at Jay.

 

The couple locked gazes for several heartbeats till Roy sighed looking away and then bought his gaze back to her again.

 

"Babe I'm sorry for my rudeness. Shit has been playing in my head for last few days. That is why I did not want to put my emotions on anyone." Roy apologized to his wife.

 

"I forgive you Roy but what has you gotten down so low? I am always here when you need me. Because I have asked the kids. They were both tight lipped to explain what is going on. I am always out of the loop on what is going on this house due to work at the hospital. Please love explain to me so I can help" Jay said in a gentle voice pushing the slight anger away she felt to the back of her mind. She grabbed his hand squeezing gently.

 

"Alright ..." He agreed. He explained to Jay what went down between him and his nephew three days ago.

 

"Why didn't you tell me about your identity crisis?" Jay cried to her husband.

 

"I know I know babe. Michael and his wise ass words bought the memories of being in that house." Roy replied staring into eyes of Jay to see the tears fall down her cheeks.

 

"Babe please don't cry for me" Roy pleaded.

 

"Why should I not cry for you Roy?! This pain you've kept in for so long that you could not tell me?! I am your wife. We promised to be there for each other. I just want you to be happy without pain. We should be celebrating this chance of a new life together." Jay exclaimed sadly.

 

Roy sighed before wrapping his arms Jay pulling her into embrace as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders resting her head on his shoulder.

 

"Look love I fucked up and I am willing to get some help... even if it means talking to therapist heck a white one if possible" He joked weakly.

 

"I am glad to know you are willing to get help because you are not allowing stubbornness get in the way but you should talk to Eva love first" Jay responded lifting her head up from his shoulder gazing into his eyes.

 

"What does that girl have to do with our talk?" Roy questioned with one eyebrow raised.

 

"Since you did not know Eva is mixed like you love. I don't know where exactly where she is from in Asia but you should talk to her and find out what life has been for her before you hop to the therapist" Jay advised.

 

"What a world we fucking live in. I'll talk to her whenever the girl comes over. Are we good?" Roy responded with a steely gaze towards Jay.

 

"Yes we are love. Oh by the way Eva is coming over today with Paul" Jay mentioned getting up from Roy's arms to stand up.

 

"Hell no woman you are not getting out of my arms that fast. Come give this grieving man some loving" Roy hollered cheekily tightening his hold around her while she was threatening to chop off his arms if he did not let her go.

 

Jay gave in knowing he would not allow her out of his grasp. She gave him a sweet kiss to the lips that lead to a small making out session when a certain nosey teenager flung the front door open to see her guardians kissing.

 

"Ewww I did not want to see you both kissing. My eyes are ruined" Janet exclaimed with a curl of her lips in disgust.

 

The two adults pulled away from each other to give their young niece amused glances before Roy decided to speak up:

 

"You still not used to seeing us kiss this much watch kid? When the baby comes I will be over your aunt"

 

"ROY!"

 

"I can't find where the shampoo box is Aunt Jay. Did you move it again?" Janet cringed changing the subject rolling her eyes.

 

"Hold on baby I'm getting up now" Jay responded signaling for Roy to let go. Thankfully he loosened his hold for her to stand up.

 

Once the two ladies were out of the room Roy blew air onto his hand to sniff at the mixture of beer and morning breath. Disgusted by his own breath he decided to have a shower and get ready for their guests arriving in the afternoon.

 

Later in the afternoon Paul and Eva walked through the back door from the back garden to meet Aunt Jay and Uncle Roy waiting at the slide doors.

 

"Hello Eva. How are you? You seem down" Aunt Jay greeted coming forward to give her a warm hug drawing back to look at her closely.

 

"I'm fine. Where is Janet and Michael?" Eva answered with a small smile trying to ignore the full on stare by Uncle Roy.

 

"Michael is out buying drinks we ran out of and Janet is in the kitchen watching over -"Aunt Jay replied cut off by Janet's yell of childish panic from the kitchen.

 

"Aunt Jay I need your help in the kitchen!"

 

"She started off so strong. I will be back shortly" Aunt Jay sighed twirling around to walk past her husband quickly to the kitchen.

 

"Now that I have your attention yes I am still here. Uncle Roy I wanted to ask you about what we discussed last time" Paul interjected.

 

"Shit you want to talk about that here with mike's girl?" Roy replied with a roll of his eyes.

 

"You would not mind Eva?" Paul questioned to Eva who was confused at what the pair were talking about.

 

"Well I uh-"Eva answered when Roy interrupted that he needed to talk to Eva privately.

 

"Fabulous! I have an urgent appointment to get with my chocolate goddess.  Love I will come pick you up at 5'clock sharp and nothing less" Paul stated wishing farewell to the pair.

 

"Kid come. I have something to discuss with you" Uncle Roy said in a serious tone then turned around to stroll to the living room while Eva followed behind.

 

The two were sat comfortably basking in the awkward silence. Eva waited for Roy to speak up about what he wanted to discuss with her.

 

"Coke? Water? Wine?" Roy said listing off the drinks that he had in the home.

 

"Um a glass of water would be fine" Eva replied nervously.

 

Wordlessly Roy stood up going to the bar, grabbing a bottle of cool water from the mini fridge. He came back with the items putting them on the table in front of Eva.

 

"I know you are nervous kid but I promise I won't hurt you. I have questions" Roy stated coolly.

 

"Eh that is fine what do you want to ask?" Eva questioned scratching her arm wondering inwardly what he could ask her.

 

"I found out you are mixed from my wife...how you have coped all these years from the shit you received alongside knowing about your heritage" Roy questioned to surprise of Eva.

 

"I am of Indian and German heritage. My mother is Indian and my father is German. It was not easy growing up in India being the darkest in my village. I was teased relentlessly by the other children because of my heritage and I was called so many names like Haraam Zaada meaning bastard in English which I found silly when my father was present in my life." Eva explained to Roy with saddening eyes remembering the cruel memories from her childhood.

 

"Shit kid you had it tough! After all that you still stick to that side? You didn't abandoned your Asian roots?" Roy questioned.

 

"Because I realize that everything I experienced made me a stronger person whether I am Indian or German. I identify with both of my cultures no matter how I was treated by my people back home. The people back home do not define who I am" Eva explained once more to flabbergast Roy.

 

"Eh why all the questions about my heritage?" Eva asked snapping Roy out of his inner thoughts.

 

"Well kid I am mixed myself. Black mother and Indian father." Roy stated darkly.

 

"Why such hate towards your Asian side. What did they do to you if you do not mind me asking?" Eva inquired curious at what he could have experienced.

 

"Difference between us is you grew up your father in your life. From what my mother's words my father saw me, he immediately cast me off to be a bastard because he believed he could not have a ‘black child' in his life. So he left the both of us with his family. My mother thought they would be happy to take us in but sadly was not the case.

The fuckers I mean my cousins chose to find ways to bring hell into my life.  Waking me up at crack of dawn to do the house chores when their lazy bums were able to help around and still find ways destroy my stuff. They did not stop to insult my appearance. It made me resent my Asian heritage it is all thanks to those shit heads. Sadly it took too long for my mother to get us out but when we did I was around age of fourteen when we moved. I have not looked back since." Roy clarified to Eva who had been listening quietly.

 

"I am not a therapist Roy but it sounds like what you have experienced has made you bitter against your Asian roots. Not every Indian will be this heartless. There are some good ones out there. I just feel you need to let this anger and pain go so you can let this trauma heal and move on. It never hurt to know that side you were never allowed to experience" Eva said stating her feelings to his story.

 

"You gave me a lot to think about. Promise me this conversation does not leave this room" Roy instructed stony face to Eva.

 

"My lips are sealed" Eva responded nodding to confirm her promise.

 

Roy chose to crack a joke to let the tense air disappear and try to start a bond with the wise girl.

 "Thanks kid you might be made for my nephew. Add Uncle to my name kid that is what everyone calls me" Roy stated with his signature smirk.

 

"I never expected you to be mixed. Eh thank you" Eva observed looking at Roy closely to see any traits of Asian in him.

 

"I know I'm a handsome but you gotta stop checking me out before Michael gets back" Roy blurted out teasing Poor Eva.

 

" I was not looking at you like that um you are not a bad looking old man wait I-" Eva panicked realizing what she said might come off slightly rude when Roy cut her off.

 

"Take it easy kid you are alright in my book" Roy stated to ease her nerves.

 

Just as Eva was about to reply Michael walked into the living room to see his uncle and girlfriend (in his mind) together.

 

"Uncle Roy I bought the beers you wanted---what are you two talking about?" Michael said announcing his presence.

 

"Eva decided to teach me some of the Indian swear words like eh what was that word for bastard again?" Roy lied with a shrug of shoulders.

 

"Haraam Zaada" Eva answered playing along to his lie.

 

"I doubt I believe a word coming out of both but when I'm done putting these away I'm taking Eva away up to my room. Muscles misses her" Michael mused.

 

"Don't worry son I know you missed her not your lizard pet. I won't interrupt like I did by mistake last time just close the door next time" Roy retorted.

 

"Muscles is a snake uncle! How many times must I tell ya" Michael sighed frustrated his uncle.

 

"Whatever kiddo. I'm off to have my weekly cigarette talk to y'all later." Roy replied standing up leaving the living room.

 

Michael gave Eva a quick smile before rushing out of the living room to finish his task and coming back mins later to take her to his bedroom.

 

The pair cuddled in his bed sharing a few kisses here and there till a kiss insulated by Michael led him to stroke Eva's stomach creeping closer to her chest. Eva pulled away from his lips knowing what they were doing was going too far again.

 

"Why did you pull away Eva?" Michael asked staring back at her confused.

 

"We were almost going to go too far Michael! I should not be doing do this" Eva replied pinching the bridge of her nose.

 

"Please stop worrying. The idiot is not here to harm you and I will protect you to the best of my abilities. Relax Eva" Michael assured her tugging her back to his side. He gave her a tender kiss to the forehead.

 

"I can't help it Michael. I'm stuck in this marriage and there is no way out-" Eva rambled to be cut off by Michael's soothing words "enjoy the moment we have together Eva I will continue to remind you time and time again because you deserve to be free and away from that marriage" he concluded kissing her sweetly to his relief she responded back.

 

The pair continued to lock lips till a yell from outside the closed door by Aunt Jay told them that Lunch was ready.

 

The pair got off the bed together holding hands walking to the door when Michael had to ask "Eva what were you and Uncle Roy talking about before I walked in"

 

"I want to tell you Michael but I promised him I would not say a word" Eva replied with the motion of zipping her lips.

 

"Fair enough. Let's get some lunch and you can tell the whole family about the sudden emergency" Michael answered with a shrug of his shoulders accepting that their conversation was none of his business. The pair left the room and went downstairs to join the rest of the family for lunch.

 

Thirty minutes later the Jackson clan and their honorary guest sat stuffed from the heavy meal prepared by Aunt Jay and Janet.

 

Aunt Jay sensed Eva was ready to make an announcement quickly silenced the chatter amongst the trio with a sharp glare to allow Eva to speak.

 

"You have the floor sweetie. Tell us what is going on" Aunt Jay coaxed her gently.

 

"I am travelling back to India with my grandma to buy my dress for my wedding for two weeks" Eva announced smiling miserably.

 

"That sounds like hell-"

"I mean how dreadful" Uncle Roy stated bluntly cut off by the icy glare Jay threw at him to backtrack his words.

 

"That sounds like fun! You get to see your family again. If you do find a great dress keep it hidden till you marry into our family instead of that prick they want to saddle you off too. Humph" Janet responded huffing with arms folded against her chest.

 

"Janet! We do not swear in this house! Now sweetie all I want for you do is focus on going back home is to see your family. Do not let the shopping spree overshadow your stay and when you get back we will be waiting for you to come back with all the spices you can bring back for me" Aunt Jay reasoned getting up from her seat to give the young woman a tight hug while Janet rolled her eyes behind her back.

 

"Oi! I saw that brat. Stop the attitude or I will not cut your damn allowance again" Uncle Roy threatened to Janet.

 

"Aw Uncle Roy!" Janet whined.

 

"Fix the attitude and there will be no problems idiot" Uncle Roy rebuked watching as Janet stood up, tears in her eyes stomping out of the living room.

 

"Roy! You know she is sensitive. I will leave you in Michael's capable hands Eva. I have to take care of one upset teenager" Aunt Jay responded pulling away from the hug with Eva to give her husband an annoyed glare before strolling out of the room to find her distraught niece.

 

"Uncle Roy that was a little harsh" Michael chipped in.

 

"Alright I'll go apologize. Talk to you some other time kids" Uncle Roy replied with a sigh. Rising to his feet he walked out of the living room to find his wife and niece.

 

Now the couple were alone Michael went to seat by Eva. He wrapped one arm around her shoulders bringing her closer to his side.

 

"Will Janet be alright?" she questioned in concern.

 

"She will be alright once Uncle Roy apologizes then increase her allowance if she behaves" Michael reassured as he dropped a tender kiss to her cheek.

 

"I hope so  ... Are you growing a beard Michael?" Eva inquired caressing the stubble below his lips.

 

"Sort of I haven't shaved in a while. You think I can grow a decent beard like Uncle Roy?" He pondered out loud to Eva thoughtfully.

 

"Sorry to tell you um but I don't think you can grow a full beard." Eva teased.

 

"I can't believe my own girlfriend has no faith for me to bother growing a beard" Michael sulked to the amusement of Eva till she focused on the term girlfriend pushing herself away from him remembering these happy days would not last.

 

"Eva what did I say wrong?" Michael noticing how the light heartened mood turned soured seeing how she moved away from him.

 

"You said girlfriend Michael knowing-"Eva replied before she was interrupted by Michael's stern words

 

"Eva I know the consequences of what we are doing and I have said my piece time and time. I don't care. I just want to enjoy us. Don't you want to relish in the time we have together as a couple without thinking of the future? Please push those thoughts away when we are alone"

 

Michael watched as she tugged her earlobe loss in thought before releasing a heavy sigh to answer his statement "You are right Michael. I just worry about what lies ahead"

 

"We can cross that bridge when it comes but how about a marshmallow and biscuit treat?" Michael suggested changing the subject.

 

"That sounds lovely" Eva exclaimed sweetly.

 

Without a word jumping to his feet Michael strolled out of the living room heading to the kitchen to grab the items needed to create the gooey treat he had in mind. A few mins later he returned with two plates. On the plates were three layers of medium sized chocolate chip cookies topped with melted marshmallows.

 

Strolling back into the room Michael gave Eva one of the plates with a spoon before sitting once more by her side. They indulged in their treats separately till they were feeding each other that lead to a small lip locking session that Paul walked into around ten minutes to five.

 

"Whoa I did not expect to walk into this kind of scenery! Now lovebirds. It truly pains me to stop you both but I have to return one princess back to the dungeon" Paul yelped flabbergast covering his eyes with his hands to block out what he had just witnessed.

 

The pair broke the kiss to share deadpan looks at their overdramatic friend. Paul sensed the quietness removed his hands from his face to see the pair were separated.

"Alright time to take you back Princess Eva. I'll be coming back after I drop her off Pal" Paul responded with a small smile.

The couple indulged in a quick hug before departing from Michael watched them walk out of the house.

With nothing to do Michael decided to get up and tinker with his camera in his room.

Chapter End Notes:

hey all been a while since I last updated whoops my bad ^^''. What do you think of the chat between Eva and Uncle Roy? alongside the sweet moments between Eva and Mike? and everything else that happened in between?. 


hopefully I can update next week! be on the look out for the next chapter next ^^'. 


Enjoy! <3