- Text Size +

:. Monday 10th of April 1997 :.

It was past eleven the morning for the two best pals as Paul drove his car with his friend yawning in the background of the passenger seat.

"Now pal no more yawning you'll end up falling asleep on me" Paul said in an annoyingly sunny voice.

"Why would I fall asleep when you will use bodily harm to get me awake again" Michael replied with one hand covering his mouth.

"I am a gentleman my friend I would not willingly want to hurt you because it is the only way to get you up" Paul replied as he continued to drive down the country road passing by houses and now heading into fields of grassland.

 "You say that because you're too chirpy this morning. You're never this chirpy pal. Remind me why you booked our annual bro trip this early in the week?" Michael asked staring at his friend from the corner of his eye.

"Well to give you a reminder pal. We will busy till we leave on Friday morning for my sister's the gentleman club event for the rich and fabulous. Besides we saw our tutors in enough time to give us great critics might I add. We might as well take a day to ourselves. Don't worry I won't take you away from Eva." Paul finished with a beaming smile at the look of embarrassment on his best friend's face.

 

"That reminds me Paul about Eva..." Michael trailed off to explain what had happened during their outing and what they had discussed at his place.

 

"This is quite troubling pal. How does a family treat such a sweet girl? Because of race?" Paul replied clenching his jaw in thought. He wasn't happy about the information he'd been told about Eva.

 

"I know how you feel buddy but we can't do anything for the meantime. Apart from Eva did you see the twins at collage before we left?" Michael replied changing the subject.

 

"Ah now that you mention them I did see them before our individual meet ups. Don't worry I arranged to meet them tomorrow afternoon." Paul answered with a chuckle.

 

"Still where are we going? You haven't said a word about where the hell we are driving to" Michael accused his friend.

 

"Now Michael buddy have some patience. Where we are going will surely bring back some childhood memories" Paul replied without breaking his attention from the road ahead of them.

 

Michael sighed knowing it was useless to try and get information out of him. Instead he chose to change the subject again asking about the latest news.

 

An hour later...

 

Finally arriving to Paul's mysterious location, the pair of friends walked away from the parked car to see fields of grass surrendering them.

 

Paul didn't reveal the destination to the annoyance of Michael as the pair continued to walk on the seemingly never ending field of grass till they stood on a hilltop looking down to see a farm house in the middle of another field.

 

"You booked our day at a farm? Really Paul? I expected something slightly flashier" Michael gasped in fake horror.

 

"You still don't what we are doing buddy. Let's keep walking. There is a reason why I carried my camera along" Paul replied with a carefree shrug.

 

Wordlessly the duo strolled down the hill carefully till they were standing in front of the wooden polished brown open gates.

They strolled forward till they found a two story home painted navy blue with bushes of sunflowers surrendering the home.

 

A woman in her mid-thirties wearing overalls and a checked shirt. She wore a pair of wellington. She stood up from her seat when she saw the two young males approaching her.

 

"Hello strangers. How may I help you?" the lady asked them in a polite voice.

 

"Hello ma'am I called you about two weeks ago about a pair of hiring houses for the day?" Paul inquired.

 

Her eyebrows knitted briefly in thought before a flash of acknowledgment was written on her face.

 

"Oh! you're the charming lad I spoke to. Glad to match a face to the voice" she replied smiling gently.

 

"Your voice clearly doesn't match your beauty miss--?" Paul complimented charmingly before he was interrupted by her.

 

"Miss Frankie. Well let's get you boys suited and ready to meet my horses" Frankie replied winking at Paul.

 

She brushed past the two young men swaying her hips as they followed a feet behind her. The trio strolled to her equipment building to get themselves suited up. A few minutes later they all walked out wearing the gear.

 

Michael had kept his silence watching the flirting back and forth before the farmer and Paul that left a bad taste in his mouth due to his friend's flirtiest methods and how he could just charm women of any age.

 

"Impressed buddy?" Paul whispered to his friend knowing what he was thinking already.

"Hardly Paul. I feel disgusted how you can flirt with woman of any age" Michael whispered back rolling his eyes.

 

"Now you know I use my charm to get what I want. I won't sleep with an older woman that's slightly below my standards pal. My eyes are still on winning my dear Georgie to my side" Paul replied bumping Michael's shoulder.

 

"How is that going along by the way?" Michael asked curiously ignoring his statement in favor of his curiosity about winning the reluctant Georgie.

 

"Well you see ---"Paul was about to explain before Frankie interjected their chat.

 

"we are here gentleman!" she announced stopping in front of a metal gate. The trio gazed to see spacious field filled with several horses relaxing in peace.

 

"Your horses are so graceful Miss Frankie" Michael mentioned in awe.

 

"Now you're just saying that young man wait till you see them in person" she said with a laugh before turning around to step over the fences and waited for the duo to do the same.

 

The trio strolled cautiously towards the majestic animals who stared back at the two newcomers.

 

"So who do ya'll want to pick from? I have several to choose from" she mentioned with arms crossed.

 

"How about that horse over there with the brown coat and black hair?" Paul mentioned to her.

 

"The horse with the black fur coat standing two feet away from Paul's choice" Michael mentioned.

 

"Alright no problem." She said turning around to face the horses while the boys watched her go and bring back the horses by two leashes held in her hands.

 

"well I instructed you both how to keep my horses calm. Your horse Michael is Friesian Horse. I call him Indigo for his black fur. He is a calm tempered horse so he won't give you any issues. Now your horse Paul is my Spanish mustang. She is quite a diva. But now take the lead I've trained you both on how to handle them." Frankie explained as she gently togged the horses closer to their induvial temporary owners.

 

The duo now holding the leashes in their hands looked up to share eye contact with their individual horses feeling like children to the study heights of the horses.

 

Michael summoning up his inner courage gently put out one hand out slowly to caress the face of the Friesian horse just above his nose.

 

"hey Indigo. How are you doing hm? You're a beautiful king!" Michael cooed at the horse as it neighed happily under his gentle touch before the horse bumped his hand. Michael apologized to him refracting his previous statement.


"My apologies Indigo. You are a strong and noble horse aren't you?" Michael replied with a soft chuckle while his horse neighed.

 

Paul gawked at how his friend handled his horse on the first try thinking inwardly that his friend had to be some type of animal whisperer. He always knew how to handle every animal he was given since they met almost eight years ago.

 

Paul's mustang horse wasn't happy being completely forgotten. She swished her tail to smack Paul in the face breaking him out of his dream state.

 

"My goodness!" Paul gagged from the taste of horse hair in his mouth.

 

"I forget to mention this is Betty my prized horse Paul. She hates being ignored" Frankie chipped in patting Betty.

 

"I'm beginning to regret this eh decision buddy" Paul confessed nervously looking away from his horse as Michael snickered cheekily.

 

"Paul McCartney regretting his choice? Here I thought this place was for childhood memories not regret" Michael drawled in a sarcastic tone.

 

Paul gave his laughing friend a glare in return before trying to gently use his charm to coax his stubborn horse to be his friend which ended him earning another smack to the face.

The pair of friends spent the day enjoying each other's presence till the late afternoon leaving the farm with sore bodies from riding their horses. They ended up back at the Jackson home enjoying a hearty meal cooked by Uncle Roy.

.

.

Meanwhile.

 

Aadesh tried to block his brother's voice while they walked back home. He hadn't stopped chatting about the pros and cons of a potential relationship between Michael and Eva. Frankly he was sick of talking about them for the past two days. He didn't want to hear anymore no matter how many times he calmly stated his disagreement. He wondered when his brother had taken sudden liking for the afro walking stick figure out of the blues.

 

Aadesh quietly opened the door walking into the home rushing up the stairs to avoid his brother which sadly sometimes he wish he didn't have to share a room with a knucklehead.

 

Adil followed behind to walk into the room to see him standing there. He approached his brother placing a hand on his shoulder before asking "hey bro what's the matter? Was it something I said about Eva and afro dude?"

 

Aadesh was at breaking point of his calmness. He was tired of hearing his brother rant about them and their potential love. He felt his stomach clench at the thought of his sweet cousin and that guy in such a relationship.

Slapping his brother's hand off his shoulder, Aadesh spun around harshly to face his identical twin to see his raised eyebrows and stunned expression.

 

"Adil listen to me you haven't bothered to hear my opinion of how I feel about a potential relationship between our cousin and afro dude. I will never accept that happening because I will not let you suddenly spilt this family apart with your crazy romance ideas between them!" Aadesh retorted infuriated at his brother.

 

"Wow who's calling the kettle black hm Aadesh. When you and I know you're clearly having the same relationship wait I forget to mention is a secret. But you are too blind to see that surely Sophia hates." Adil drawled sarcastically clapping slowly to his brother.

 

"You leave Sophia out of this!" Adil yelled heatedly.

 

"Why? Because you can't expect the fact our cousin might be going down the same path? You are sucha a hypocrite!" Adil replied sarcastically.

 

"You are only saying this because you are jealous! Using your jealously and single life to mop behind the romance of others" Aadesh retorted bitterly towards his brother.

 

At this point of the argument the two brothers were chest to chest staring each other down, Adil growled at his brother saying those hurtful words to him about his love life. He wasn't interested in having a relationship at the moment. He preferred his solitude and his brother was throwing that at him?

 

"I can't believe you'd say that kind of shit to me bro! I WILL NEVER BE JEALOUS OF YOUR relationship" Adil roared at his twin before tackling him to the ground.

 

At this point Eva had been sitting in her room finishing off her latest art homework on the floor of her bedroom. She didn't pay any mind to the door slam in the direction of the twin's room until she heard the frequent yells believing the twins will sort their argument out. Till she heard the last shout swiftly abandoned her work to scramble out of her room to the twins room.

 

Before she knew it she opened the door to witness the twins tangled on the ground biting and scratching at each other.

 

"What are you both doing?! Stop fighting!" Eva cried at the twins rushing forward to pull them apart. She grabbed Aadesh by his hair pulling him away from his brother ignoring his grunts of pain from the feeling of her nails.

 

She pulled him far away to create distance between the duo. She bent down to the ground crossing her legs in between the brothers so they wouldn't have a chance to grab each other again.

 

"Could you both please explain to me why you both were on the ground arguing and fighting so loud?! You boys never have disagreements that have lead you both to fight!" Eva commanded in a strict tone looking back and forth between the brothers.

 

"This time my stubborn relative couldn't even bother to listen to my side for once!" Adil being the first to speak up giving his brother a piercing glare.

 

"Listen to your side when you never listen to me? How rich" Aadesh drawled rolling his eyes.

 

"Oh because you couldn't bother to admit you're having a relationship with Sophia? Whoops my bad that slipped." Adil gasped in false horror.

 

"You little-!" Aadesh said half ready to jump up and tackle his brother but Eva kicked him back down with the heel of her foot.

 

"Now sit back down Aadesh! Both of you will not physically fight while I‘m seated here. You couldn't tell me you were in a relationship Aadesh? Why are you keeping secrets from me?" Eva stated in a firm tone till her gaze softened towards the blushing Aadesh while Adil smirked smugly.

 

"Yes I'm in a relationship with Sophia the girl you met last week" Aadesh replied sheepishly.

 

"You can explain later why were you both arguing?" Eva asked in a gentle tone now waiting for an answer.

 

Adil and Aadesh communicated though their gaze briefly agreeing it was wise for her not to know what their true conversation was about.

 

"It was about Sophia...Adil was complaining that he never got enough time with me!" Aadesh lied smoothly.

 

"Yeah what he said. It's sad how I never get enough time with my bro" Adil agreed sarcastically.

 

"Are you sure that is it?" Eva replied narrowing her eyes in suspicion.

 

The pair of brothers nodded with tight smiles plastered on their faces.

 

 "I'm going to go out. I need some fresh air from the house" Aadesh announced getting up from the floor.

 

Adil couldn't help but give one last reply before his so called brother left "greet Sophia for me"

 

Eva and Adil noticed Aadesh's back tense briefly as he breathed out a loud sigh before leaving the room to get out of the house to clear his mind.

 

.

.

.

Daadi walked out of the temple allowing a huge grin grace her lips walking to the taxi building to book a taxi to take her home. She sat in the waiting room clutching her bag with the receipt of the paid wedding date.

Chapter End Notes:

Enjoy!