- Text Size +

 

     Michael gazed at the palm trees that were lined up on each side of the road. Smelling the delicious smell of home made biscuits that his mother had made, they were on their way to April's house with his heart beating in anticipation.


"I can't believe that you had to drag me into this, why don't We just turn back and go home?" Joe asked never keeping his eye off the road ahead of them. Katherine looked at him with a blank face but her eyes in an unbelievable state. "Joseph, she is just a child, we have to let her realize that we are coming to see the whole family and we have to make a good impression, we don't want to break her heart and spirits now do we?"

Soon, the car had instantly stopped in front of a San Antonio style estate. the exterior of it was very marvelous, the windows were perfectly circular and the flowers in the front, made a nice appearance. One by one, the Jacksons got out taking slow steps (Minus Randy and Janet who ran up in front with Joe shouting after them). The gardenias pulled out their fresh scents inflaming everyone's noses along with the biscuits of course.

Katherine lightly rang the doorbell waiting for somebody to come. "Okay, nobody's home let's go." Joe said walking away but soon, the door flew opened revealing to be Lily smiling her biggest smile ever happy to see the Jacksons again. "Hi there, it's great to see you all again please come in!" Katherine eyed her warmly while Joe looked with a bored expression walking into the foyer. "Lillian, how many times have I told you, to not answer the door to strangers unless I am around?" Stood a woman who looked to be 37 years old. She had curly brown hair, wearing a lime green blouse with a long knee length skirt with high heels eyeing the little girl with her hands on her hips. "But mommy, they are not strangers, they are good friends of ours, presenting the Jacksons. The woman looked at them with a small smile of her own, telling Lily to run off and play.

"Please excuse my daughter, she is very energetic whenever she sees new people. "Oh it is quite alright no harmed done allow me to introduce myself, I am Katherine Jackson and this is my husband Joseph and our children. the woman kindly shook hands with the family. " Very nice to meet you all My name is Darlene Thompson but please call me Darla. After the introductions, Darla called April to come downstairs. pleasant steps came down gracefully. April came down wearing a red long sleeve shirt with denim bell bottom jeans with a black neck scarf tied around her smiling at the people.

     "Hello everyone it's great to see you all again." April said politely shaking hands with the others. Soon, gazing at Joe, April extended her arm out to him, but Joe just scoffed, Katherine pinched his skin. Finally Joe did what he had to do forcing a smile and gritting his teeth.


"Mum, is it okay if I show the boys upstairs?" Darla nodded. "Of course honey, we'll be in the backyard talking." April ushered the brothers to come with her one by one they filed in a neat line following her up the endless staircase.

"Whew, I never thought it would end" Marlon said breathing in all the air he could get. "Don't worry you get used to it. It's nothing really" April said trying to hold in her giggles. Music was coming from the door down the hallway on the left side. "Where is all that noise coming from?" Jackie asked while April sighed. "Oh those are just my brothers practicing sometime when they get on my nerves, I have to bang the door just to get them to stop." "Is it alright if we meet them?" Michael asked her who shook her head. "No not at all come on" April knocked on the door three times fast and then three times slow; soon, a male voice answered. "Who is it?" He asked. "It's me April" "April who?" "Oh come on Tim, please open the door we have new guests visiting us today." "Alright hold on"

The door flew open revealing to be a brunette haired boy who looked to be 15 years old wearing a striped tailored shirt with bell bottoms and platform boots along with another one who looked just like him only a little taller and the eldest who was 17. "Hey sis, sorry for teasing you, who are these guys?" April smiled as forgiveness as she introduced the boys to the others. "They are the Jackson 5 and I invited them to dinner for this evening guys these are my brothers Joshua, Tim, and Jim"

"It's very nice to meet all 5 of you" Joshua said in his soft spoken and polite voice shaking his hands with them. "Nice to meet you guys too thanks for having us here" Michael said grinning.

Chapter End Notes:

The Brothers!!!