- Text Size +

 

     The ride back to Hayvenhurst was very silent, cold, and icy. Michael turned his head slowly to see Joe's still grim face. Making a glance to the boys, Michael turned his head in quick as a wink not wanting to hear what he was going to say. In a few minutes, he and the rest of the guys would be going to the park and having the time of their lives. He imagined meeting a person who he was going to befriend, and that they would probably be at the playground, having ice cream and simply just playing games he was so excited that he had to pinch himself to see if he was dreaming, but it wasn't a dream this was real.


Soon, the limo stopped at the front gates of the mansion. Katherine came running out just in time to see her boys and husband coming out with Joe's hands in his pockets and sunglasses on his forehead. "My you all are home early, what happened?" "Nothing happened if that's what you're thinking, Mr. Gordy thought it would be best if the boys take the day off today and get some fresh air." "Well, I think that's a wonderful idea they should go to the park and relax and enjoy themselves." "That's what he said also." Joe said rolling his eyes seeing Michael rushing into the house to get his binoculars.

"But what do you do at a park though?" Jermaine asked with the rest of the guys scratching their heads. "I don't know, I think have fun I guess." Tito said. "Well, when we get there, it's going to be a different story." Michael grinned.

 


"Whee!... Now this is fun! Jackie exclaimed as he was swinging on a swing going high like he was going to touch the clouds any minute. "I'm with you brother, this is the best moments ever." Tito said going down the slide and Jermaine coming after.

"Wow, Michael point the binoculars on that one!" Marlon pointed his finger on another dove that was flying by. "Man this is great, I sure wish I had brought my camera and sketchpad that way I could treasure this moment forever" The brothers chuckled setting their sites on more birds. As Michael was about to watch a cardinal, he heard voices not too far from where they were. Looking, through a bush, he saw 4 girls, but his eyes were set on a girl who looked to be 9 years old, having brunette hair that was neatly tied in a ponytail wearing a yellow long sleeve shirt with a orange miniskirt yellow stockings that stopped at her kneecaps and orange Mary-janes and also had an orange neck scarf that tied around her neck making her very pretty.

What he saw looked like they were trying to get something off from a tree, he raised his head a little higher careful not to be seen squinting his eyes, he saw that it was a kite. Looking back at Marlon who was sound asleep, he quietly got up to go.

     Ugh.. it's no use, I can't get it down." April said pulling the string of the kite trying every which way possible. "We can't give up so quickly we gotta keep trying." Lily said fully determined. "Maybe I can help" The girls turned around revealing to be Michael coming up the hill. "Oh hi there, what are you doing here?" April asked the 11-year-old who scratched behind his neck. "Sorry for overhearing your coversation, but would you girls like some help?" April smiled warmly. "Sure, our kite is stuck in the tree and we're trying every way to get it back but it's hopeless." Don't worry about a thing, I'll get it"


So, up the tree Michael went. Branch by brach, and limb by limb until, he was where the kite was. The string of it was wrapped around a little twig; taking his time, and getting it right, he gently tossed it down to the kids who all cheered. "Oh thank you so much you did it!" "Hey it was nothing, I told you from the start." "Excuse me, but I didn't get your name, who are you?" "I'm Michael, Michael Jackson, and it's very nice to meet you nice girls." "It's a pleasure meeting you Michael, My name is April Thompson, and this is my little sister Lily, and my two friends, Rachel Rogers and Tiffany Andrews." The three girls politely waved and of course giving him handshakes.

"Hola, como estas?" Michael looked at Tiffany then back at April with a confused expression. "What did she say?" "Oh excuse me for that, but I said hello, how are you in spanish. Whenever I meet new people, I start to break out in my native language, I'll teach you sometime." Tiffany explained with Michael nodding. "Ok that would be great." Just then, Marlon came running up to the group asking Michael if he was okay, Michael told him that everything was alright introducing him to the 3 9 year olds and 5 year old. After that, they all went back to see the rest of the guys.