- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here's Chapter 3 :)

Chapter 3.

Later that evening, everyone was in the big dining room having dinner. The guys gobbled down to Katherine's home-made style macaroni casserole and guzzled down their kool-aid. The Jackson Matriarch stared at her sons with a curious look on her face while Joe, on the other hand, furrowed his eyebrows believing they had forgotten to use their table manners.

"My you guys were hungry; what is the big rush?" She asked only to get a burp from her younger one wiping his mouth with his napkin. He smiled his grand smile explaining to her about April getting all of them tickets to the Super Mega World Theme park where they would have their doors open at 8:30am sharp. She nodded her head after he asked her if it was okay for them to go.

"But that is no excuse why you all had to chug down your food like that; you'll get indigestion." Joe said with a scowl only to get an evil glare from his Wife as Michael asked her if they could be excused in which she nodded her head smiling watching them run at the speed of lightning going up the stairs. "NO RUNNING!!" Joe yelled after them only to get a slap on the upper arm by Kate.

The phone rang once more; Katherine, who was reading a book, put it down to answer only to hear it was Miss Eliza Walton, a Family Friend of theirs. Eliza became the first person who witnessed the Jacksons and had introduced herself shortly after them getting settled in their new home in the State. She was living by herself in a single cottage house in San Francisco and to her, it felt better that way; not married and no children but although not having any of those things in her life, she had the one thing that had always put a smile on her face, her 9-month-old baby niece named DiDi, who was her elder sister's daughter.

"Oh I am so sorry to hear that, I hope she will feel better soon; but don't you have anybody else to watch her while you go to the Luncheon? Oh I see." Katie rubbed her chin in thought then, an idea came into her head like a light-bulb. "Well, how about the boys? After all, tomorrow is Saturday but, they promised their friend that they would go with her and her two friends to an Amusement Park for the Grand Opening. Okay, I'll have them switch to next week-end instead. Okay, dear have a good-night." And she hung up, she sighed looking up the stairs rubbing the back of her neck afraid to break the bad news to her sons who were having high and happy spirits for tomorrow to come but what they didn't know was that they were going to be in for a rude awakening.