- Text Size +


July 25th 2001:

It's been several days since Agu and Kelly saw each other. From the moment they returned home that day they made it their mission to see each other once again.

Hounding Michael and Ezra to allow the pair see each other. To the point the pair of adults were suffering headaches from the reluctant kids.

Eventually Michael sent out a chat message to Ezra (after he had figured out to work the damn computer)

Ezra heard the ping from her screen and looked up from reading a novel. She pushed the book aside on the bed and pulled the laptop to her lap.

She opened the flashing AOL symbol on the desktop and was surprised to see a chat pop up.

She didn't get regular chats she preferred face to face conversations. But she was curious to know who was talking to her.

Frankythrilleer02: hey Ezra..it's me.

Queenie: who is this and how do you know my name?

Frankythrilleer02: it's Michael Agu's dad?

Finally it dawned on Ezra on who she was talking to and was just about to type a apology to him, stopped midway to ask him instead.

Queenie: you figured out how to use the computer?

Michael felt his eye twitch from her teasing and he hurriedly typed back to her leaving mistakes in his wake.

Frankythrilleer02: I do know how to use a computer Ezra...

Queenie: how long did that take?

The conversation eventually switched to the topic of the kids.

Frankythrilleer02: please enlighten me that you've been having the same issue as I am. Agu has been demanding that he sees his buddy for past few days and it's giving me a headache.

Queenie: don't worry you're in the same boat as I am. We should just allow em to see each other depending on your schedule and mine. Maybe he can come over? I promise he's safe at my place since Kelly and her mother live with me.

Michael sat thinking momentarily about her offer. He was glad his son bonded with Kelly. He usually was quiet around people he hadn't opened up to especially celebrities, their kids but for some reason opened up to Kelly.

Ezra waited patiently for his reply. She didnt think he would agree. They haven't exactly know each other for long. To her surprise he typed 'yes'

They arranged a day and went to bed wishing each other goodnight.

Two days later ...

Kelly had received the news and she was enthusiastic, but her aunt informed her that she shouldn't get her hopes up incase he doesn't turn up.

Kelly didn't let that negative outcome tarnish her good mood.

Currently the trio were waiting in the living room for their guests. An hour and half had passed but the thought of her friend not coming over begun to cloud Kelly's mind until the doorbell rang.

Kelly jumped from her seat and ran up to the door. She flung the door open to see Agu holding his sleeping sister in his skinny arms while Michael stood in a large hoodie and his usual black shades hiding his expressive eyes.

"Your here!" She exclaimed in relief.

"You think we wouldn't come?" Michael asked sound muffled from the mask on his face.

"I was losing hope" she admitted pouting sadly.

Keisha hearing her daughter talk to someone from the living room stood up to walk the front door.

"Now baby I know I taught you betta to allow our guests in" Keisha said with hands placed on her hips.

Michael saw a petite woman light-skinned beauty with peppery wavy locks settled comfortably on her shoulders. She wore a stern expression which was aimed at her eleven year old child.

Kelly turned around to face her sheepish and she stepped aside to allow them entry, Michael shut the door behind him.

The four of them walked back to the living room to see Ezra sitting causally on the coach drawing in her sketchbook. She looked up when she saw Keisha enter first then Kelly following Agu, violet and Michael.

Once stood in the room Keisha couldn't hold back the excitement she held in. When she saw who was at the door she knew who spoke immediately. Who wouldn't know that soft but sexy voice anywhere?

She stepped forward to fling her arms around the king of pop who stumbled momentarily before hugging her gently.

"I knew it was you behind that crazy disguise ..I love you Michael" she replied delighted and cuddled into his firm chest inhaling his scent.

"I love you more" he replied automatically before he slowly withdrew from the hug before it could become awkward.

Agu stepped out of the way just in time from the assault of Keisha's eager hands to get closer to his daddy. He was used to seeing all women fling themselves at him.

"Now have you gotten your fix Keisha?" Ezra asked cheekily.

"Now look here mrs.thang I just hugged my favourite pop star so please let it be" she replied rolling her eyes.

"Excuse me I'm so sorry" Ezra replied apologetically but her tone dripped in irony.

Michael chuckled amused at the friendship between the two woman and decided to press forward.

"So is everything just like we agreed?" Michael asked in a serious tone.

"Yes it's fine Agu will be safe here" Ezra replied to him in a reassuring voice.

Michael sensing her honesty walked up to his son and bent down to meet his indigo eyes.

"Now son I want you to behave. I don't want to come back and here any report ok?" He said in a firm tone.

"Yep I will daddy" Agu replied smiling.

"Good now I'll take your sister with me but I want a goodbye kiss" he replied cheekily.

Agu really didn't want to kiss his daddy in front of his new friend, but he chose to quickly pat his daddy's cheek and looked away. His round cheeks held a hint of blush.

"you don't want to kiss my cheek in front of your girlfriend?" He crooned teasingly at his son.

"Ew I don't like him/her!" The pair yelled simultaneously in horror.

The two woman giggled at the comical picture in front of them, while Michael stood up holding Violet in his arms.

He said farewell to the ladies and quickly left with his youngest in his arms. Agu and Kelly immediately ran to his room where they would spend the rest of day playing video games and eating snacks.

Meanwhile...

Michael chose to visit an old friend..who else but his friend Chris Tucker.

He and Chris had met at the American music awards in 1992. Just a year before his life evolved around Agu and Violet.

The two hit off like sparks to a flame being able to talk about anything and everything inbetween. Michael was seen as the calm and collected type while Chris was the outgoing type.

Even after his escape to the united kingdom Chris never stayed out of touch. He even came to visit him and violet in the fall of winter when his film 'Rush Hour' premiered in the UK. He still made time to see him.

Currently Chris was in the UK taking a break from filming for the sequel to 'Rush Hour'.

Arriving at the bachelor flat with his bodyguards and holding Violet in one arm who slept in her daddy's arms soundly. He pressed the doorbell and stepped aside when he heard loud footsteps approach to the door.

The door was flung open and Michael saw his close friend in all his tall and dark skinned glory in a baggy tracksuit.

Dark eyes switched from tired to joy at who he saw at the door. A large smile bloomed on his lips.

"Mike! My brother! Come in!" He replied in a loud voice.

"Shh Chris she's sleeping but it's good to see you too" Michael replied grinning in return.

Chris swiftly turned around and Michael followed behind. They continued to walk past the stylish pad until they came to the front room.

Where a long spread out coach, a fish tank and TV were aligned opposite side of the walls where the kitchen was attached.

Chris went to the kitchen while Michael went to sit on the coach with violet snuggled into his side.

"So what you want to drink? Wine? Beer? I got this place stocked up" Chris yelled from his bent back.

"You got any orange juice?!" Michael replied.

"I got you man" Chris replied popping his head out of the fridge smirking.

He grabbed the large jug from inside the fridge and placed it on the table before turning around to grab three glasses from inside the cupboards.

He poured two glasses of clear and pure orange juice into two glasses while on the other hand he grabbed himself a beer.

He carried the orange juices which spilt from the tips here and there. He laid them out on the table. He fell onto the coach holding his beer in hand.

While Michael gently woke up violet to feed her some part of her orange juice which she happily drank down before looking up cutely into Chris's eyes.

"Hello cutie" he said to her but she shyly looked away from him to snuggle into her daddy's arm instead.

"She's looking more like you every time I see her mikeo good job brother" Chris smirked before gulping down half of his beer down.

"Thanks Chris" Michael replied rolling his eyes.

"Now what's up? Nothing wrong? Media done anythin?" He asked in a worried tone.

Michael waved him off as he replied "no tabloid junkies trouble Chris..I have an issue..with a woman"

Chris's eyes already large eyes widened more in surprise from this interesting news. Michael usually never spoke about his one night stands. He was private when it came to his affairs with woman.

"Go head brother I'm all ears" Chris asked in excited tone.

Michael sighed and pulled his little girl to his side as he explained the story so far to a grinning Chris.

After the story was told in full detail. Chris the ever blunt fool asked seriously with his eyebrows raised up in surprise "so you haven't smashed her brother?"

"Chris!" Michael yelled mortified.

"What?! It's true" he replied forgetting about the listening ears of a two year old.

Michael glared at him and Chris smiled sheepishly before he replied correcting himself "you haven't done it? Connecting both worlds?"

Michael pinched his nose while violet giggled quietly finding her daddy and his strange friend funny in her eyes.

"No we haven't...you pickle! I feel something for her but I don't want to chase her until I get to know her better" he replied.

"You'll only know by rocking with her you know what I mean" he replied smirking referring back to Michael's hit song.

"Chris! Stop it! Violet is listening" Michael complained to his younger friend.

"Dada rock with chu mean?" Violet pipped innocently.

"I'll explain to you when your older sweetie" he replied giving her a winning smile while he eyed a whistling Chris at the corner of his eye.

"You are no help at all Chris" Michael groaned rubbing his forehead with one hand.

"You and I know I'm crap at relationship advice so it's your fault brother" Chris replied smiling cheekily.

Michael huffed at his response and Violet clueless at what the adults were talking about quietly giggled.

They stayed for at least an hour catching up with Chris and had takeaway of Chinese food, before they left his home to spend the day exploring the town to keep his little girl amused.

The sun went to hide behind the clouds as the sky changed patterns of orange and blue to dusky as the stars blinked like small diamonds floating in the sky.

Ezra looked at her watch on her wrist to see the time had struck 8.08pm. It's been thirty minutes since everyone had light dinner from their self proclaimed chef Keisha.

But she hadn't received an email or call from Michael about bringing his son home. But Kelly was thrilled that his best buddy was around just a little longer even if his request for a sleepover was denied.

The phone suddenly rung on the table vibrating waiting for someone to pick it up. Ezra picked up the phone to her surprise to hear Michael on the phone.

"Michael how were you able to get this number?" She asked in shock and slightly peeved off.

"I called your office and asked Olly to give me your personal number" he admitted sheepishly.

"I and Olly will have to a private conversation tomorrow but when will you pick up Agu? It's late" she said to him coolly.

"That's the reason I called you I can't come myself since I've been told to never drive" he replied cracking a joke before continuing.

"I can't make it due to my sleeping baby who won't let me leave her side so could you do me the favour of dropping him for me? I'll get someone to email the details to you"

Ezra sighed not in the mood to even think of driving but after a few pleads and promises from the king of pop she caved in.

Once she dropped the phone a few minutes she received an email from him when she checked her pager to see the address written.

She quickly stood up from the chair to walk to the boys room. She heard the muffled sounds of hysterical laughter.

She opened the door to see the pair laying on the floor holding individual controllers as they smack talked each other.

"Turn the music down!" She yelled to get her voice across.

Kelly being the first to hear did as she asked and they turned their faces to look up at her.

"Now Kelly it's time for Agu to get home his daddy has asked me to bring home" she told them both sternly.

Their faces dropped in sadness which Ezra knew would happen and mentally prepared for the assault of whines and protests.

But to her surprise Kelly cleverly chose to ask if she could come along instead.

"Now you know I can't take you with without your mummy's permission if she says yes you can come along" she replied firmly.

She nodded and quickly scrambled to her feet and races off to her mother's room where as Agu and Ezra indulged in small talk waiting.

Kelly returned in a matter of minutes smiling cheekily at her aunt.

"Mama said yes" she replied enthusiastic.

Ezra narrowed her eyes at her knowing Keisha would say 'yes' when she was too tired from cooking which was the case she believed.

She sighed softly in defeat to the delight of the kids and walks out of their room giving them a few minutes to meet her outside the house.

She went outside of the home to her car she brought about a year ago. A 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier silver car, at the time she had been proud of her accomplishment and gave herself this treat.

A few minutes later the duo opened the back doors and hopped into the car. Ezra started the engine and they were off to his home.

Roughly around two hours later she and the kids arrived to a tall gate which Agu indicated was his home. She pressed the door bell and a guard answered in a monotone voice.

She answered his question of who she was and the gates opened slowly.

Once wide enough she drove in slowly into the compound to see a large house with the lights still on.

She parked a few feet from the home to see Michael standing in his pajamas and slippers waiting for his son.

Once he saw the car he made his way down to the car.
Tapping the window lightly Ezra rolled down her window to see him standing there up close. She could even smell his cologne from the window.

"Agu it's time to go back inside" Michael said in a strict tone.

"But dad" he whined sadly.
"No buts son your already pass your bedtime get up and go back to the mansion now" he commanded in a hard voice.

Agu knowing he was using his stern voice immediately obeyed and patted his friend on the shoulder before hopping out of the car.

On the other hand Ezra was flustered at her own reaction inwardly at his deeper voice. Who would have thought he had a deeper tone? Must be the reason why the woman go crazy for him. She thought to herself.

Kelly sulked as she crossed her arms and ignored Michael because he took her friend away to his amusement.

Michael focusing his attention now on Ezra he gave a breathtaking smile. She could really see how his smile lighted up his face as well his beautiful brown eyes.

"Thanks for bringing him I hope he wasn't too bad, at times he can be a handful but that was what my mother said about me as well when I was his age" he said jokingly.

Ezra chuckled at his answer and told him that he was fine.

Ask her out you dumbass! Here's your chance to smashhh! The sudden voice of Chris yelled in his head.

"Hey I was wondering if you wanted to have dinner to discuss maybe more about the album?" he asked nervously but inwardly he slapped his forehead instead of asking her on a date.

Ezra blinked at the suggestion of a date..when was the last had she been on date even if it was professional..

"time and place?" She replied.

"Three days from now at 7pm? I'll call you" he replied smiling brightly at her.

"No problem good night Mr Jackson" she said looking away from his gaze.

Michael waved at them as he stepped back watching them leave his home and happily walked back to his home. Fighting the urge to moonwalk all over the place.

He just hoped this date wouldn't end up being found out by the media and he would actually be able to have a date without cameras shoved in his face.

Chapter End Notes:

Well that went swimmingly? Lol. 

Thoughts? Should I still continue this story?. Thanks for reading 😎