- Text Size +

The woman on Prince Kenia's lap switched position to now lay herself on his lap and wrap one arm around his neck.

The woman revealed was Lavender smiling prettily at the two shocked faces of Prince Michael and Faith.

"Why hello Faithless..it's been awhile hasn't it?" Lavender crooned harshly.

"Why are you here?! I thought Prince Kenia dumped you awhile back" Faith said asking the question that was on Michael's and Jim's mind.

"Well faithless we didn't break up we only took a break to see other people and why shouldn't I be here Hm? I have every right to be here just as you do" she explained and kissed Prince Kenia's neck as he sat there amused.

"Your using the back up that your royalty from our family to be here Lavender, how low can you be" Faith accused.

"At least I can say I'm royalty oh cousin of mine, so I was clearly invited by my sweetheart here isn't that right?" She said and turned to Prince Kenia.

"She was invited by me cousin and peasant cousin, don't worry once I and her take over South Africa we will let you sit on our thrones for a while" Prince Kenia replied breaking his silence.

"You have no chance of claiming the throne kenia!" Prince Michael said enraged.

"Oh I disagree son" The voice of King Joel suddenly butting in, all heads turned to see him stroll into the room with his advisors.

"What do you mean Father?" Prince Michael questioned confused.

"It means your cousin is going to take the throne with his...future bride" he said eyeing them both in disinterest.

"What?!?" said the combined voices of Michael, Jim and Faith.

"How can this be Father?! I've only returned today and he gets the throne how!" He demanded pointing at his cousin and Lavender.

"I forget to mention earlier when we talked son, that they both arrived a month or so before you to tell they were engaged" King Joel explained to the shocked remaining contenders.

"Isn't there any way to change what has happened?! Faith has agreed to be my Queen surely father that must account over his engagement I am the rightful heir to your throne" Prince Michael rambled in slight panic.

"Well you are too late son, they came here first before you did" King Joel said shrugging his shoulders.

"You lied to me father! Why would you do this? You could have told me this sooner!" Prince Michael roared at his father forgetting about his panic and aiming his anger to his unbothered father.

Prince Kenia and Lavender watching Prince Michael talk to the king after stepping down from the throne and standing little further upfront to hear the conversation.


Prince Kenia decided to put his own input into the matter by stating coolly "it just shows I'm always one step ahead of you cousin, I can't wait to take over"

The puzzles of Prince Kenia staying for classes and leaving so quickly afterwards clicked in Prince Michael's mind that his selfish cousin had planned this scheme all along to get his place on the throne.

This infuriated the already pissed off Prince Michael, which caused his sudden action of roughly tackling Prince Kenia to the ground and punching him blow for blow on his face.

Lavender stepping out of the way in time screamed at the brutality while everyone else scrambled around in panic.

Jim quick to action immediately jumped in pulling his majesty off Prince Kenia who was now on the floor holding his bruised and bloodied Jaw.

"Take him to his room this instant!" King Joel commanded.

Jim didn't say a word but drag a still squirming Prince Michael and Faith following after to arrive in his room.

Jim dropped his majesty on the bed and Faith walked in leaving the door wide open.

Phoebe was in her room two doors away and wondered what all the commotion was about.

Standing up from her bed she had encountered earlier before Michael and Faith had gone to the throne room on her journey back to her room Lavender who as always gave her higher than thou greeting to a disinterested Phoebe.

So she stepped out of the room to see the gang in Prince Michael's room and she stepped noticing the loaded and feverish atmosphere.

"Can someone tell me why I saw Barbie not too long ago?" She asked breaking the ice in the room.

Faith startled at hearing her voice stated calmly to Phoebe to leave the room and promised she'd tell her what has gone down since they last talked.


"But" Phoebe protested weakly.

"I will tell you everything later Phoebe just let us be for now as you can see Michael isn't fit to see anyone" she said to Phoebe.

Phoebe eyeing the rigid and still Michael sitting on the bed with his head in his hands.

She nodded and left the room, As she left the atmosphere returned in true force suffocating Faith and Jim who were both frightened to speak in fear of Michael's wrath.

So they stood in silence for a long time until Prince Michael broke out in small crazed giggles and lifted his head from his hands.

To stare intensely into both their eyes, his big brown eyes revealing the swirl of negative emotions swimming back and forth.

"I'm sorry your Majesty" Jim said sadly.
"How can you be sorry when it's not your fault my friend? When I have been dethroned off my heritage by my own cousin who as he said was one step ahead of me" Prince Michael replied resentful.

Jim sighed softly and looking out of the window to see nightfall was rising over the blue sky.

"Your majesty it's getting late, let us all slept tonight we can figure something out tomorrow" Jim said firmly.

"There is no point of sleeping knowing I will not be king" Prince Michael said mournfully.

"Oh Jim do me a favour can you explain the details of what's happened to Phoebe before you head to your room?" Faith asked gently.

"I will goodnight" Jim replied.
"Goodnight" Faith replied back.
Jim walked out of the room and closed the door behind him gently.

Now Jim went to Phoebe's room knocking on the door and entered to see her combing her long wavy hair with a hairbrush.
He swallowed quietly seeing her brush her locks and Phoebe looked up in surprise to see Jim in her room.

"Jim! Where's Faith?" Phoebe asked.
"Well she's with his highness and they need to talk so she sent me to explain what's going on" Jim said.

So Jim explained in full detail on what happened during the day and Phoebe could do was hold her hand to her mouth in shock at the news she heard from Jim's lips.

"I can't believe Prince Kenia would so such a thing! To his own cousin..when I met him he was a charming man" Phoebe exclaimed in annoyance.

"He uses his charming ways to get what he wants and the two of them have always been in competition over everything but I don't believe Prince Kenia is the right heir to the throne something is off to me Phoebe"

"Your right Jim something truly doesn't seem right, so many puzzles need to be solved but we can talk about it tomorrow" Phoebe replied and covering her mouth while she yawned.

"Yes it is late" Jim said to her before walking away he bent down to kiss her cheek softly and looked her in the eye.
He stepped back seeing the flush spread on her face and answered smirking "goodnight".

Leaving a blushing Phoebe holding her cheek while he walked away to his room.

Meanwhile with Faith and Prince Michael...

Faith approached Prince Michael slowly until she sat in front of him, she wrapped her arms around him pulling him into her embrace.

"Michael I'll won't leave you even if you aren't king, a pauper or an ordinary man I love you for the man you are behind your title and nothing else" Faith said tenderly.

"Thank you my Queen..." Prince Michael replied in gratitude even if he didn't take the throne, he still had his queen by his side no matter what which give him some hope.

They sat in silence momenteraily until Faith spoke lightly "it's Ok to cry Michael I won't judge you"

"It isn't right to show any..." He said swallowing thickly and finished "weakness"

"Crying isn't a weakness Michael..you need to let out the emotions your feeling" Faith explained gently combing her hand though his messy curls.

"I can't do it my Queen" Prince Michael replied faintly.

Faith wanted him to somehow let the negative emotions he felt at the moment, the idea of tickling him came to mind and she hoped it would work.

She immediately dug her hands into his neck and ribs and to her relief he erupted into laughter.

The laughter quickly turning into hiccuped sobs as the tears of sadness, grief and so forth fell down on his smooth Coca skin.

Faith hated to see Michael in so much pain as he sobbed in front of her and he covered his eyes ashamed for her to see his tears. He continued to cry and bite his lips trying to stop the flow of tears but nonetheless the tears kept on falling.

Faith pulling his hand away from his eyes and pulling him into a tight hug, while she sat silently hearing him sob until he fell asleep in her arms. She looked down seeing the tear marks left on his cheeks.

Faith could only hope the next day he'd be strong enough to get up the next day to face their insane cousins and the rest of his family.

She laid him down gently and cuddled up into his warmth, a few minutes falling asleep by his side.

Chapter End Notes:

I.know I haven't updated much sorry writing isn't doing much for me..I don't know when I'll next update..enjoy! Your thoughts on the chapter are great to hear! 😄