- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So here is the last chapter for now I'm going to take a break writing for LQ, it won't be a long break.



Over the next several days Michael tried to be positive and supportive to Faith but she wasn't having it.

During the days of waiting for Carrie to arrive which was a surprise for Faith, his highness had sent a statement about the news concerning what was going on since the whole world wanted to know more about the rumors.

The statement released in south African news and somehow was leaked into the other news stations all over the world. The statement overruled Lefa's story but several people were still skeptical over the both of them but this allowed the heat to die down (for now)

She ignored his presence until the night before Carrie arrived, she kicked him out of the room needing her space so he obliged her wishes and went to one of the many living rooms to sleep on the coach.

Finally the day Carrie arrived in South Africa escorted by the bodyguards Michael sent in his place, He was too tired to stand up from his place on the coach.

Two hours later Carrie was brought to the palace and taken to his majesty who was laying on the coach reading a book

"Michael? Why are you sleeping on the coach?" Carrie asked confused.

"Hello mother Faith kicked me out of our room" he admitted sheepishly.

"Oh that girl" she muttered to herself.

"Well its time I spoke to her before she explodes" Carrie replied determined as she squared her shoulders forward.

"Good luck mother I hope you'll be able to bring her back to me...I'm hurting as much as she is over the lost of the little one" he replied biting his bottom lip.

"Don't worry Michael I will bring her back" she replied placing her hand on his shoulder.

She slipped her hand off his shoulder while he called a servant over to escort her to the master bedroom.

Standing in front of the door Carrie sucked in two short breathes ready to face her suffering child.

She opened the door quietly walking into see Faith sitting on the bed staring into space. She noticed the slight hollowness in her face and frame contributed to the lost of appetite.

Carrie walked up to her side as Faith sat motionless. Carrie placed her hand on Faith's forehead.

"Fai?" She called out gently.

Faith blinked at the foreign touch on her forehead, she turned her face to see her mother sitting beside her.

"Mum what-t are you doing here?" She exclaimed in a hoarse voice.

"I'm here for you I arrived a while ago" she replied answering the questions that must have been buzzing in her mind.


"Michael" she said knowing it was his doing.

"Yes Fai it was him he paid for my ticket but I'm here to talk to you, you don't look like you've had anything to eat for sometime" she said removing her hand from her forehead to run her hand though her greasy hair.

"I'm not hungry mum" Faith replied monotone.

"I know why hun what your going though concerning the fertility issues....it's passed down from each generation in my family I'm sorry I never told you it's my fault" she replied sadly looking into Faith's empty eyes.

"I forgive you mum it's not your fault but I've lost my child it hurts so much" Faith said as tears of sorrow started to trickle down her cheeks.

"It took two years for your father and I to have you..the twins were a certainly a surprise and don't worry you will have more children in no time" Carrie said pulling her depressed daughter into her arms. Faith snuggled into her mother's arms like a child once more pouring her anguish into tears.

"What if that doesn't happen Mum? What if this child was my only chance" she exclaimed stricken in fear.

"Hush Fai haven't your father and I taught you better? Don't think like that you will have your little one when it's time again never lose hope" she stated firmly and laid a feathery kiss on her forehead.

After a moment of silence Carrie decided to bring up the topic of Michael as well.


"Now Fai didn't you think Michael is hurting as much you are?" Carrie asked her as she rocked her eldest daughter in her arms.

"No..he doesn't look like he's hurting mother" she replied her voice laced in bitterness.

"Oh Fai you are blinded by your own grief that you haven't seen Michael is hurting deeply as well he's only hiding it behind his cheerful persona..don't forget the little blessing you both lost was his too" Carried replied wisely.

"Your right mother I will talk to him I owe him that much" Faith replied as she untangled herself from her mother's embrace.

"Oh no you aren't getting out of my arms my precious girl" Carrie said playfully as she rewrapped her arms around Faith tickling her ribs.

The playful gesture bought out a crackle of laughter from Faith who hadn't laughed in days.
Reunited Mother and daughter continued talking joking together just like old times before the twins came in and joined in but the twins weren't around so they had plenty of time to catch up.

.
.
.

At the same time when Faith and her mother were chatting Michael had moved from the coach to the bodyguard court to spend time with his guards who were all like brothers to him when they weren't on duty.

He wasn't in the mood to play any sport but he sat in the lounge side watching the men play football. They had a schedule for different sports on free days.



He had a tall glass of palm wine in his hand as he watched on, drinking gulps when he was thirsty.

"I'm surprised you've turned to drinking brother that isn't like you" a familiar voice said in a stern tone.

Michael's head tilted to the side to see his oldest brother who he hadn't seen in quite some time.

The brothers gazed into the same chocolate brown eyes sizing each other up. Michael could clearly tell his big brother hadn't changed much in appearance he still had his small Afro, bushy eyebrows and his usual blank expression.

"Well you going to answer me little bro?" He barked out sternly breaking the contact as he strolled to sit next to his brother on the coach.

"I'm not a drinker Tito I just wanted to clear my head" Michael whined to his brother.

"That can be become an addiction" Tito added sternly.

"I don't have time for your lectures right now Tito" Michael snapped at his older bro who only blinked at him in response.

Feeling guilty for snapping at him, Michael apologised and Tito shrugged his shoulders unbothered.

"Now tell me what's going on with you? I want to hear from you instead of the bullshit media cooks up" heiresses gently.

Michael wasn't too close with his older siblings who basically dropped the throne in his lap without any remorse to live their lives.

But Tito was happily married with his own family. But Michael needed someone to talk but who else then his eldest brother? So Michael told in detail about his problems to his brother who kept quiet allowing him to talk without any interruptions.

As Michael talked his usual stern expression didn't break outwardly but inside hearing what his little brother had gone though since his return from the UK only made his blood pressure raise in hearing what cousin kenia as well the assistant Lefa had done the cruelest thing a human being could do.

Michael finished his story noticing the pinched expression on his brothers face. Tito took a deep breath in to ease his raging headache.

"You have gone though hell little brother ...and I am sorry for not being here for you but I am here now what you and your wife Faith is it? But from what I recall Faith has put a wall between the two of you she's too caught up in her emotions to realise you are in pain as well which needs to be sorted as soon as possible" he concluded.

"Your right Tito I will try and talk to her tonight but at the moment she is with mother-in-law talking by then I hope she's feeling better" he answered honestly.

"Don't worry about it bro she'll be fine I believe that but it's been awhile since you and I have had a basketball match I still have my skills our usual bet on whoever wins" Tito said changing the subject allowing a small smirk bloom on his lips.

"Game on Tito" Michael feeling lighter on the situation with the advice from his brother smirked as well.

The two brothers jumped from the coach stripping themselves of any other heavy items went to the join the guys on the court in a friendly rivalry match.

The evening came in quick speed for the young couple who were nervous confronting each other again this time properly now they have gotten advice from their loved ones about the situation at hand.


Michael walked into their shared room to see Faith watching TV for the first time in days instead of sitting there emotionless.

"My queen" he called out to her gently.

"Yes Michael?" She answered eyes glued to the TV.

"We need to talk" he said coolly.

Faith sighed as she lowered the volume of the TV and turned her body around to face him.

Michael swallowed nervously before he spoke. He thought of what he wanted to say in his mind as well being mindful to trend carefully.

"We both lost a child a week ago and we both didn't get the chance to grief together it's been killing me to see you so depressed and downhearted my lovely one so please don't bear this burden on your own" Michael said holding her hands in, brushing his thumb over her knuckles.

Faith sniffed at his words now looking into his eyes to see the mask he held to be strong for her fell away now revealing the raw emotion swimming in his doe like amber tinted eyes.

"Your right I'm sorry for being a cold bitch to you all this while and leaving you to grief on your own I must be a crummy wife" she replied.

"No you will never be a crummy wife as you say my beautiful one you have every right to grief on your own but please like I said before let us do it together" he said solemnly as his eyes bored into her eyes intensely.

"Thank you for taking my crap Michael I wish I knew ---" but she was cut off by Michael's lips on hers.

Kissing her briefly Michael pulled away to speak seriously "you will never be nothing less but wonderful to me my queen this lost is part of life and we will pass though it together we will have another chance to bring another little one day I won't lose hope so neither should you ok?"

Faith could only nod from his speech as Michael's lip descended on hers once more as they moved together in sync as the usually passionate lovers kissed slowly and tenderly basking in each others warmth as they poured out their grief into the kiss.

Faith's arms wrapped his shoulders as she fell onto her back as Michael's body fell on top of her as he held back some of his weight to not crush her.

They continued to kiss as hands began to explore and pants could be heard as they became consumed in each other which lead to a night of slow love making to the point that the two young lovers hadn't realised another miracle of life was planted which will make its grand entrance soon.

Chapter End Notes:

Comments are loved..Enjoy!