- Text Size +

"Tag! Your it but I wanna be it again!!" I woke up to the sound of my daughter's voice the following morning. I could hear the pitter patter of her bare feet as she ran across the wooden floors. What was she doing downstairs this early anyway? Letting out a soft yawn, I stirred in my sleep and glanced over at the clock on my wall. 11:45....SHIT I'M LATE "Damnit!" I cursed, jumping out of the bed and immediately grabbing my clothes. That's when I heard another voice come from downstairs. "Haha You can't be it all the time India!" Why did that voice sound so freaking familiar?! I jogged so fast down the steps I damn near tripped. "Mommy!!!" India cried, running over to me, hugging my legs. "Hey lil bit! sorry mommy overslept" I ran a hand threw my messy hair. "Its alright mommy! Can I stay home from school today? Pretty pleaaase?" My daughter begged, still hugging my legs, a puppy dog look in her big brown eyes. I let out a sigh. "I guess so, since we already missed the school bus" "Yaaay!!!" She cheered, jumping up and down causing me to laugh. I swear, this little girl was too much. Suddenly I remembered the other voice I had heard earlier along with my daughter's....Where was...The bathroom door then opened, followed by THE Michael Jackson walking out only in a pair of old clothes that once belonged to my ex. Damn. I actually forgot that he had spent the night. "Mommy!!! Michael and I were playing tag! He let me be it!" India said, running over to Michael. "Yeah? I heard y'all from upstairs" I joked as I walked into the kitchen. Fortunately, I didn't have to work today so I was able to take my time as I made breakfast. I settled on making some chocolate chip pancakes with eggs and bacon. "India go wash up!" I yelled. "Okay mommy!" She quickly ran upstairs to the bathroom. Hearing a noise, I realized I wasn't alone in the kitchen. I turned around, spatula in my hand. "Indie, now I know you didn't wash up THAT fast-oh" I stopped noticing who stood there. Michael chuckled. "Don't worry, she's still washing her hands" his voice was soft and light. I looked over what he wore. He had put back on the outfit he worn the night before. Noticing the look on my face, he responded. "I'm sorry I have to get going so soon. Thank you so much for letting me spend the night though..." he started to leave. "Hey wait!" I stopped him before he reached the door. He turned around. "You're not gonna eat first? I know you've gotta be hungry" I said. Truth is, I honestly did want him to leave just yet. "Oh no I'm fine, really" he said. 'You sure are...' I thought but I'd be DAMNED if I'd say it outloud. "Please Michael, just have some breakfast with India and I?" I purposely made a sad face, causing him go laugh. "Alright" he gave in. I smiled. "Good now go wash up too!" I joked, heading back into the kitchen. Once the food was ready, I made India and Michael a plate. "Alright lil bit dig in!" I yelled as India came in the kitchen. "Mommy you made chocolate chip pancakes!" "I sure did! I know they're your favorite" I helped her get in her chair. Michael took a seat next to her, giggling. "What's so funny Jackson?" I joked placing a hand on my hip. "These are my favorite too" India's eyes went wide as saucers. "No way!" She was so shocked. "Way!" Michael joked, smiling at the little girl. It was so cute to see. I quickly made myself a plate and sat down. After breakfast I dressed India and began cleaning up the kitchen. "Want some help?" I heard another voice ask, startling me. It was Michael. "Sure. Thanks" I handed him a towel as I washed the dishes and he dried. It wasn't long before silence had fallen in the living room. "Want me to go check?" Michael asked, reading my mind. I nodded. "Thanks" Michael walked into the living room and chuckled. "...Justice look" I walked out and was surprised to find my daughter passed out on the couch, spongebob still playing softly on the tv in the background, her dolls still in her hands."I guess lil bit played too hard huh" I joked, going to pick up but Michael had already beat me to it. "You can just place her upstairs then. Her bedroom door should already be opened" I said. "Okay" Michael responded, walking up the stairs. 

 

Michael's POV

India had fallen asleep on the couch and I offered to take her upstairs. "Her bedroom door should already be opened" Justice said as she headed back in the kitchen. "Okay" I said as I carefully made my way up the steps. Halfway up, I felt the little girl stir in her sleep, clinging on to me and I couldn't help but chuckle. She honestly was too precious for words. Once I reached the room, I slowly leaned down, placing her underneath the covers, the dolls still in her hands. "I'll see you around Indie..." I whisper, smiling as I made my way back down stairs. Justice was now sitting on the couch watching tv. She immediately looked up at me and I could feel my breath get caught in my throat. Lord she was too gorgeous. I had my eye on her the moment she interviewed me but she'd never go for a guy like me. "How's indie?" I quickly snapped out of my thoughts. "Oh um, she's fine. She must be a heavy sleeper" Justice nodded. "Gets it from her mama" I let out a laugh, looking around. She really did have a nice house. "Well uh, I guess I better get going. Louie and Wayne should be here any moment" Louie was my personal driver, Wayne my bodyguard. "How'd they react when they found out you spent the night here?" Justice asked, an amused look on her beautiful features. I didn't answer, instead I found myself gazing at her. She wore a pair of jeans with a black t shirt, her hair down, flowing freely past her shoulders, minimal makeup on. She cleared her throat and I quickly tore my eyes away, the blush creeping up in my cheeks because she had just caught me practically gawking at her. "So... the article should be published soon. My boss loved it!" "Really? That's great" I smiled, rocking back and forth on the ball of my heels. A silence had fallen over us and I was contemplating on what to say next. There was something that I really wanted to ask her but I was too afraid of what the reaction might be. I watched as Justice threw her head back and laughed at something on the tv. I think she was watching Martin. Taking in a deep breath, I went with my gut, fighting the inner voice in my head as I found the courage deep inside to ask her the question...

 

Justice's POV

I let out a laugh as I continued to watch one of my favorite tv shows 'Martin' From the corner of my eye I saw Michael inhale a deep breath, playing with his fingers. Was he alright? Why was he acting so weird all of the sudden? Like he was nervous or something. "Justice?" My name rolled softly off his lips, catching my attention. Looking over at him, I turned the volume down. "What's up?" He cleared his throat, his vision locked on the wooden floor. "I uh, I was just, wondering if...if you weren't too busy..." HONK HONK the sound of a car horn loudly beeped outside, cutting Michael off followed by a knock on my front door. "I'll get it" I quickly got up as Michael moved to the side. Opening the door, I was met face to face, well more like face to chest with a very tall man. He looked to be about in his late thirties/early forties. "Hello" I said. The man suspiciously eyed his surroundings before replying with a quick "Hi" "Hey Wayne" Michael chirped. "Michael.... why didn't you tell us you were...here?!" Wayne made sure to put an extra emphasis on the last part causing me to look at him funny. What the hell was he trying to say?! "Um excuse me but-" "Next time, let us know where you are. You don't belong in places like this...it's a very bad and unsafe area" OH I KNOW THIS TALL MAN DIDN'T JUST INTERRUPT ME?! Right before I could give this bodyguard a good piece of my mind, Michael quickly stepped in, noticing the look on my face. "Alright Wayne I got it let's go" he quickly shooed the large man out the door, shooting a look of apology my way. "Bye" I quickly said as Wayne practically rushed him out and slammed the door. Well I guess that's the first and the last time I'll ever get to see Michael Jackson...Letting out a sigh, I fell back on the couch still trying to comprehend what had just happened...

 

Michael's POV

I was PISSED as I made my way inside the black suv and I made sure to let Wayne and Louie know as I slammed the car door shut. Louie looked up from the driver's seat and chuckled while Wayne on the other hand, rubbed his temples, shaking his head as the car pulled off. It's no wonder no one outside saw who I was which I was more than thankful for. "Listen You can't pull stunts like that Michael! You had us extremely worried! God forbid if something happened to you. That woman could've been some sick psycho fan" I rolled my eyes, slumping in the backseat as I looked out the car window. "Wayne I was fine. That was the woman who I had the jet interview with. It was too late to go back to the hotel so she offered for me to stay the night at her house and I accepted alright?" Louie whistled. "Spent the night huh?" He winked causing me to laugh. "Ugh nothing happened though! I swear" I held up my hands. "Just don't pull a stunt like that again" Wayne said, his voice stern immediately reminding me of my father's. Once again I rolled my eyes and replied "okay" I swear, I know he meant well and was only trying to do his job, but Wayne got on my my LAST nerve sometimes. He always thought someone was out to kill me. Once we reached the hotel I took a long hot shower before settling in bed and ordering room service. I continued to mindlessly flick through the television channels, nothing really catching my attention. After some searching, I settled on 'Martin' and smiled, thoughts of Justice immediately flooding into my mind. Hm I wonder what she was doing now...I didn't even get a chance to ask her my question. Getting up from the hotel bed, I walked over towards my jacket, picking it up when a piece of paper fell out of the pocket. Bending down, I picked it up. It was a business card. Justice must've placed this in my jacket when I wasn't looking. Shaking my head, I chuckled and made my way back to the hotel bed, the little white card in my hand. Looking over the card, there were two numbers on it. One for business, the other a personal phone number. Reaching for the phone, I dialed, my heart pounding in my ribs. 'Please pick up...' I think to myself as I make myself more comfortable in the hotel bed....

 

Justice's POV

RING RING "ugh who in the hell?!" I mumbled angrily against my pillow, getting out of bed. After dinner I had bathed India and put her to bed early. I was now trying to get some sleep as well but that didn't look like it was gonna happen tonight. Grabbing my phone I didn't recognize the number. "Yes?" I answered a bit annoyed that my sleep had been interrupted. There was silence on the other end and my patience was slowly wearing thin. "Look if this is one of those prank callers I swear-" "Justice it's me, Michael" the voice answered and I felt my voice get caught in my throat. Did I hear that clearly? MICHAEL FREAKING JACKSON WAS CALLING ME?! How did he get my number?! Suddenly I remembered placing the business card in his jacket pocket when he wasn't looking. I smiled embarrassed. "Um, hey! Sorry I uh, I didn't recognize the number" I apologized, suddenly feeling like a complete idiot for almost cursing him out. He giggled a bit as he replied "Oh no it's fine! How are you?" "I'm well! I was actually on my way to falling asleep" I confessed. "Oh...um, I could call back at another time if that's alright?" "Nah it's fine Mike I'm already up now" I joked, the both of us laughing. I layed on my bed, making myself more comfortable. "So how are you? Your bodyguard wasn't too mad at me was he?" "He was upset but I was able to calm him down again haha" I giggled. His bodyguard seemed like a trip. Dude definitely took his job WAAAY too seriously. "Lord he must've thought I was some crazed fan that was gonna hold you hostage and attack your body huh" I joked. "You know, I wouldn't be shocked if that's what he was thinking" Michael said as a comfortable silence settled over the phone. I was gazing up at my ceiling, debating on whether or not to ask him my next question. I let out a sigh before beginning. "Listen...Michael (Justice)" Michael and I had said at the same time causing us both to laugh. "Alright you go first..." Michael said. "Okay, I uh, I just wanted to say that I uh, I enjoy talking to you...." Man I couldn't believe I was actually telling him this! "Really?" Michael asked. "Yeah" "I um, I enjoy talking to you too..." his voice lingered and I could feel my cheeks grow warm. Lord was I actually blushing?! Damn no man has ever made me blush in years. No man except for Marcus, but we're not gonna get into that. "Justice...can I ask you something?" "Sure...what is it?" "I actually wanted to ask you earlier but Wayne had ran me out of your house and I didn't get a chance" I giggled. "I was wondering if you weren't busy this Friday night, would you wanna go out with me?" I was silent for a few minutes, trying to take in what he just said. DID MICHAEL JACKSON JUST ASK ME OUT?! "....J? You still there?" I smiled at the nickname he called me. "Y-Yeah sorry I'm still here and I'd love to...." This time it was Michael who was silent on the other end. I giggled. "...MJ? You still there?" I half asked, half joked and he laughed. "Yeah, I'm here still and really? That's great! I'll see you Friday night at 8 then!" "Friday night at 8" I repeated as we said our goodnights and hung up. Getting under the covers, I couldn't help the huge smile I now wore on my features. I had a date with Michael Jackson!

Chapter End Notes:

AWWWW JUSTICE GOT HERSELF A DATE WITH THE KING OF POP BABY!!!! How y'all think it might go??? Please review!!!!