- Text Size +

Sitting on the sandy beach of Egypt, the wind blowing in my hair, the feel of the cold soothing water flowing on my bare feet, and sound of the ocean around me. Hearing approaching footsteps, I turned my head and looked up into a pair of slim dark chocolate eyes, a lean and muscular body walking towards me. He stopped in front of me his hand stretched outwards me, a smile on his face. I grabbed his hand in response and he eagerly pulled me up to my feet. We stared at each other lovingly and as he opened his mouth the words “Wake up amber bee!” came out in a deep, croaky voice --

 

Opening my eyes and staring into a pair of big brown eyes that were too close to my face, gasping in shock, moving away until I felt my back hit the cold wooden floor, my legs high up in the air. I groaned in pain at my current position, hearing a familiar laugh from my bed.

 

Rubbing my sore butt, I looked at the alarm seeing the time, I turned my head back to him and glared at him “Apple head!, what the heck are you doing here and at this time?”

 

Michael rolling his eyes and chuckling mischievously he replied, “school starts in a few minutes and your still sleeping?”

 

I was really not in the mood for his sass this early morning, grabbing my pillow, I threw it at him and Michael being the dancer he was, he dodged flawlessly and smirked holding his hand to his chest he spoke sorrowfully “Why must you be so mean?, Here I am, being a good friend and you abuse me, I feel the love girl”

 

Covering my mouth as I yawned, I stood up in my baggy pyjamas and gave him a fierce glare and pointed a hand to the door. Michael seeing my glare dropped his smirk and held his hands up in surrender, walked away and winked as he closed the door quietly.

 

“Stupid applehead” mumbling to myself, stretching my body I heard my tired bones pop after stretching, my eyes looked down at the alarm again, I squeaked looking at the time, I rushed to the bathroom and did my usual routine.

 

Stomping down the stairs, walking into the kitchen I saw mama and Michael happily chatting at the table, each having a cup in their hands, sluggishly dropping down into the chair next to Michael.

 

Mama turned her head around when she heard my arrival and raised her eyebrows, she smirked amused “Did Michael wake you up again sweetie?”. Glaring at Michael who was sipping his drink, the cup covering his angelic smile that was aimed at me.

 

Shrugging my shoulders in disinterest I replied sarcastically “oh of course mama, only Applehead would wake me up this early, I am so grateful

 

Michael dropped his cup to the table and shrugged his shoulders and smiled “Oh I’m only doing what a friend does for another isn’t right Mrs Bailey?” he turned his answer to mama who held a hand to her mouth to control her laughter and she nodded. Sighing at my best friend and mama teaming up against me as usual.

 

Mama eventually stopped laughing and looked towards the old clock on the wall and gasped, “Kids, it’s almost 8.45! The school bus should be here in few minutes, you need to hurry”.

 

Michael hearing that quickly got up, grabbing my hand and I quickly grabbed my bag.

 

 

we rushed out the door each shouting a goodbye to mother as we made our way to the school bus which we luckily got on time which doesn’t happen often, as we jumped on the bus and found two free seats at the back where we usually sat avoiding the popular people, we sat down and chatted about our old homework all the way to school.

Chapter End Notes:

back with the first chapter to their high school days, did you think the way michael woke her up was right? (i thought it was great *cough*) tell me what you think :)