- Text Size +

 

Ch.4:

 The next couple of days I spent my days by myself in the shade of my oak tree, looking at the sky and helping mama at home with the chores and missing Michael and his goofy smile. Until one really hot Tuesday afternoon, I was lying on my back, my legs in the shade and my upper body towards the sun.

 

I wanted to maybe get a tan if I stayed in the sun long enough until someone’s silhouette overshadowed me, opening one eye and peeking upwards I stared into two big brown eyes, Opening my other eye, I gasped, and Michael quickly moved.

 

Sitting upright and staring at Michael and we both stared at each other seeing who would break first. Blinking my first eyes first in defeat, I picked up a few grass strands and took a deep breath.

Looking into his big brown eyes once again, apologetically I said, “I’m sorry for trying to find out your family business and it was none of my business, I won’t do it again” Michael sighed and his eyes warm and his smile genuine “I forgive you Amber, I really missed you”

 

He opened his long arms for a hug, smiling warmly and jumping into his hug, “Thanks for forgiving me, I missed you too Applehead”.

 

Michael snorted and let go of me, letting me fall onto the grass. “Hey!” I exclaimed complaining at Michael.

 

 

Michael giggled shortly, slowly his smile turned into a smirk. Seeing that smirk on his face meant that he was definitely up to no good. Shuffling myself away from him, Michael’s smirk grew even more and he revealed what he had hidden behind his back.

 

Michael held a small battered orange coloured water gun, which the aim was currently being aimed at me. Quickly getting up to my feet and glaring at him, my hands on my hips. I said “Don’t you dare do it Michael!” I only called him by his name when I was being serious and making a huge point over something, now I didn't want to be a target but knowing him, well I was in for it.

 

Michael raised a one eyebrow and taunted in a mocking tone “Oh? No applehead?, well you’ve just tempted me to do it”

 

Dropping my posture, and putting my arms in front of my face, Michael pushed the trigger and a splat of water hit my shoulder. Shrinking at the feel of cold water, Michael laughed and continued to aim the water at any part of my body.

 

Trying to get away from his aim was difficult enough; instead I decided to tackle him by the waist, sending us both tumbling to the ground, the water gun being kicked away by yours truly.

 

We ended up wrestling on the ground, limbs flying everywhere. Pushing him away from my body, I grabbed the water gun and did the same thing back at him. His Afro became drenched and some water splatted on his clothes.

 

In the end we were both breathing heavily and smiling brightly at each other not caring that we were both wet and our mothers would be not pleased with the state we were in.

 

“Ok, Michael now you’ve got your revenge, now can we be friends again, no secrets anymore?”

 

Michael nodded his head in agreement but I knew he had ignored the secret part, It was hard not to ask him what was going on but I left it alone. Michael picked up the now empty water gun and put in the gun in his pocket.

 

Afterwards we both walked back to my house to dry off, mama saw our wet clothes and scolded us for bringing excessive water into the house, handing us both each a towel, we both dried off quickly.

 

Michael told me he couldn’t stay for dinner today because he had to be home before his father returned, his face turned fearful for a moment but then he flashed a small smile, I thought for a moment I had imagined it the look of fear on his face.

 

Quickly hugging me, Michael waved at mama and me, running to the door and closing it softly behind him. Mama stared down at me, smiling “you two finally made up eh sweetie?”

 

I replied “Yep mama!” and continued to tell her about my day and soon enough we had dinner and we both went to bed.

Chapter End Notes:

ok i know, it's short, the next chapter we move onto the high school years~

hope y'all like it :)