- Text Size +
I was stretching out to get ready for my audition. I was still in shock that Michael Jackson hand picked me out of all of the kids at my dance studio to audition. He claimed I had a 'hidden talent' and that I was not getting a chance to let it show. I was so ready to nail this and get the chance to dance beside him. " I can and I will," I kept telling myself. My number was 22, and that number was my lucky number. Now, was the time to bring it. I nailed the moves and kept practicing. My group was the first group to go on. I saw Michael stare at me the entire time. I thought I did amazing. I watched the other groups. I kept thinking about what would happen if I made it in to the tour. My dad brought me lunch as I waited to know the results of the audition. I had to run back into the theater to get the results. I was filled with so much anxiety. Michael kept smiling at me and I just smiled at him.
Numbers began to be called. " Number 22, please step forward," Michael stated as I stepped forward. My number was the last to be called for my group. I made it! I broke down and cried tears of joy once I found out that I was dancing on the tour. Michael hugged me as I kept crying. " Congratulations, Kayla," he whispered. I was just overwhelmed with emotion. I still couldn't believe it. I went absolutely crazy. Michael was so happy to have me on tour with him. I had to sign so much paperwork, it made my hand numb. I was feeling very tired and weak from all that dancing. Pictures were being taken of all the dancers with Michael. I was so happy that I would be away from the idiots that are in my family and to be with Michael. I got to see his art in person instead of watching it on TV and on YouTube. I was so ready for the long rehearsals and costume fittings. This was going to be one of the best experiences I ever had in my 17 years of life on Earth.