- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

It is HIGHLY recommended that you listen to/know the song Space Oddity By David Bowie before reading this fiction. Michael and his woman are resting at Neverland at night in the back in a grass field with many bright stars in the sky. I apologize for any mistakes :)

"this is major Tom to ground control... I'm stepping through the doooor, and I'm floating in the most peculiarrr wayyy. and the stars look very different todaayyy." Michael sings barely above a whisper cheerily, gently dragging a piece of straw on her hair."You know that song don't you? space oddity? David Bowie?" He asks her, twirling a piece of straw in his hand. They're laying in the grass in the backyard of Neverland, everything quiet besides the distant sounds of the countless animals he had there, his breathing, and to her from how she's laying on him, the sound of his steady heartbeat on her ear, feeling calm and mellow with the feeling of his chest rising and falling. 


She raised herself up and sat on top of him and held his hand with the straw in it and rubbed it gently in hers. She looked up at the starry night sky then smiled back down at him. She kissed his hand and put it down on his stomach. Then, as he stared up at her, the small wind blowing in his face, she moved hair out of his face as she sang in response "for hereee, I am sitting in a tin cannn, farrr aboveee the worrlldd" 
Michael smiles big at her and continues "planet earth is blue and there's nothing I can doooo". He sits up and holds her close, holding her against his chest. She shivers at the warmth and firmness of his body. she hooks her arms under his shoulders and hugs gently. "Though I'm past 1000 miles, I'm feelin very stillll, and I think my spaceship knows which way to goooo. Tell my wife I love her very much -" 


"She knowwsss!" She interrupts singing the next line with enthusiasm and they both crack up laughing for a second. She leans in rubbing her nose against his and Michael blushes happily. She holds his face in her hands and rubs his thumbs on his soft, blushing cheeks. Michael looks down grinning and his hair falls over her hands that are still rubbing over his face. He looks up to her and the steady wind blows again as he lays back down slowly and looks up at the starry sky again.

 

She moves off his lap and lays next to him. They look at the bright stars gleaming down at them together. She takes a deep happy sigh and continues to sing slowly. "Ground control to major Tom your circuit's dead, there's something wrong, can you hear me major Tom? Can you hear me major Tom? Can you hear me major Tom?" She stops and look over at him, wanting to hear him finish the line. She pets the space of grass in between them. "can you.... heaarrr, I am floating round my tin cannnn, far above the mooooon, planet earth is blueee and there's nothing I can dooo." he finishes and smiles at her. 


"so you see, of course I know that song. So beautifully written. Sounds like something you definitely could have done." She whispers, rolling over to rub his stomach. He smiles appreciatively and admits : "sure wish I did, it's a beautiful classic really. I love a song that can tell a story."She looks up at his face, noticing how the dim starlight really brings out the gleam in his eyes. They're quiet for a moment, listening to the wind blow through the grass. "I wanna go to space." She admits, thinking of the spacemen exploring the depths of the universe. "We could go. We could go anywhere." Michael replies, smiling again at the thought. In that moment she swears it was the magic in his eyes, the happy spring in his step, is what makes her love to dream. Love to imagine. 
"Can I travel with you on tour?" She asks, starting small with a simple following him on tour.

 

"Of course! If you really want to. but I'm telling you it can get pretty crazy for me on tour. It's a real profound bond between me and my loyal subjects!" He says playfully and she laughs at his reference of being called the king of pop. "I can handle it. Trust me." She assures him, tapping her finger on his nose. "It's a strong challenge you're accepting. We'll see how long you last with all the hectic traveling and the jet lag!" He jokes. "Whatever! you're on loser!" She exclaims quickly leaning over to blow a quick raspberry on his cheek before she gets up and sprints away playfully. "Ewwwww!" He responds laughing and rubbing his cheeks as he gets up himself, chasing her around the field while the stars twinkle one by one in the dark sky.

Chapter End Notes:

You probably noticed in this one shot that I never describe the woman or even give her a name. So she can be whoever you want to you :)