We have all seen those stories that get no comments and those stories that regularly get a handful of comments per chapter. This series will focus on providing tips on how to be one of the latter, not the former!
Newest Segment: Developing Minor and Supporting Characters
Categories: Admin Only Characters: None
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Chapters: 34 Completed: No
Word count: 26875 Read: 85404
Published: Jan 19, 2015 Updated: Sep 11, 2017
1. The Basics by Redone [Reviews - 53] (574 words)
2. It's the little things that count by Redone [Reviews - 7] (575 words)
3. The Significance of Research by Redone [Reviews - 9] (514 words)
Here is a brief overview of how doing research can enhance your story.
4. Resources for information about Michael - Updated 2/7 by Redone [Reviews - 9] (83 words)
By popular request, here is a compilation of a few of my favorite sites for information on Michael's life/some controversial topics
5. Going back to Square 1 by Redone [Reviews - 7] (543 words)
Preparing to write your story.
6. Pacing: Striking the balance by Redone [Reviews - 2] (795 words)
Story Pacing: the speed at which your story moves. Too slow and your reader will leave out of boredom; too fast and frantic and they'll be scratching their head and leave from discomfort.
7. Knowing Your POV: Who's on First? by Redone [Reviews - 10] (1794 words)
How to use Point of View effectively to enhance your story.
8. Formatting - It makes a big difference by Redone [Reviews - 5] (1121 words)
9. The Female Lead - A call for suggestions! by Redone [Reviews - 2] (103 words)
10. Using Real Women as Leading Females by Redone [Reviews - 4] (614 words)
11. Developing a strong female lead character - UPDATED by Redone [Reviews - 18] (1131 words)
12. Portraying Michael: The basics by Redone [Reviews - 18] (847 words)
The basics of writing canon and within character depictions of Michael
13. Portraying Michael: When Michael isn't Michael by Redone [Reviews - 6] (770 words)
The cases of AU and OOC.
14. The Dos and Don'ts of Advertising Your FanFic by Redone [Reviews - 5] (715 words)
15. Advertising, Continued....... by Redone [Reviews - 8] (437 words)
I realize that I omitted some topics in my previous chapter, so I will continue to update as those come to mind.
16. Summaries: A Case Example by Redone [Reviews - 4] (287 words)
17. Keeping Readers/Getting Reviews by Redone [Reviews - 6] (1046 words)
18. Topic Ideas? by Redone [Reviews - 10] (88 words)
19. Let's Talk About Sex by Redone [Reviews - 25] (855 words)
20. UPDATED: The Keyword that All Authors Need to Remember, Consistency by Redone [Reviews - 13] (1025 words)
21. Writer's Block - Defeating it, once and for all by Redone [Reviews - 8] (820 words)
Thanks to everyone who is reading this and causing me to do a double-take each time I go to update. Not to forget, a *special* Thank YOU to each of my lovely reviewers. I love reading your input. You guys are always giving me new ideas, causing me to rethink what I wrote, and motivating me to do my research. Oh, and the laughs are plentiful. For anyone who is reading this, I suggest reading the reviews as they contain some excellent nuggets of information.
22. Writing Science Fiction/Fantasy - Material Added by Redone [Reviews - 8] (1431 words)
Part 1 of a subseries on writing genres.
23. Writing Hurt/Comfort by Redone [Reviews - 7] (1305 words)
Part 2 in a subseries on genre writing.
24. Writing Suspense into your Fiction by Redone [Reviews - 6] (1036 words)
Segment 3 in a subseries on Writing Genres
25. Case Example - Using Repetition to Increase Suspense by Redone [Reviews - 5] (392 words)
26. Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens by Redone [Reviews - 7] (383 words)
A break to highlight some of the things that make me smile as a MJ FF reader
27. When the Dog Bites. When the Bee Stings by Redone [Reviews - 17] (1238 words)
Story cliches, word fumbles, cringes.....and fixes. Part 1.
28. When the Dog Bites. When the Bee Stings PT2 (Updated) by Redone [Reviews - 12] (1222 words)
Story cliches, word fumbles, cringes.....and fixes. Part 2
29. The Dog Bit. The Bee Stung. P3 by Redone [Reviews - 6] (981 words)
Story cliches, word fumbles, cringes.....and fixes. Part 3
30. Developing Minor and Supporting Characters by Redone [Reviews - 6] (1471 words)
31. Points to Ponder in Developing Any Character by Redone [Reviews - 3] (325 words)
32. Writing about Sensitive Issues by Redone [Reviews - 7] (1032 words)
FYI: I made a few significant additions to the segment on Keeping Readers/Getting Reviews.
33. Discussing Dialogue by Redone [Reviews - 3] (1043 words)
This is brief, but I wanted to get this up before the end of the year.
34. The writers' turn by Redone [Reviews - 10] (279 words)