- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Please enjoy!!!

Well, this was it. Today was the day of the shooting of Michael's video 'The Way You Make Me Feel' and I was already 20 minutes late thanks to my stupid alarm not buzzing me to wake up in time. "Shoot shoot shoot" I whispered, jumping out of bed and  frantically putting on a pair of blue jeans with a black long sleeved shirt and white converse shoes. I threw my hair up in a messy bun as I ran out of the dorm and got into my car. It wasn't until I finally arrived at the set that I realized I had forgotten my glasses on my desk back at the dorm. "Damnit" I mumbled to myself, letting out a sigh as I got out of my car and began walking towards location. There were tons of people around just chilling. Perhaps they were extras? A couple of them looked like gang members and some of the girls were wearing some pretty revealing clothing. 'What kind of video is this?' I thought to myself but remained quiet. "Hey....you must be Hazel? Hazel Johnson?" I heard another voice call out. I turned around and saw a man who looked to be about mid thirties behind me. I nodded. "Yeah that's me" The man then held his hand out for me to shake. "Great! My name's Kenny Pratt. I'm the director of the video" "Nice to meet you Mr. Pratt" I smiled. "I apologize for being so late....I uh, I accidentally overslept" Kenny shook his head. "Nonsense! It's fine we didn't even start filming yet. And you can call me Kenny" I then looked around. Where was Quincy? Noticing this, Kenny responded. "Oh Quincy said he wouldn't be able to make the shoot today. But he said he didn't mind you filling in his place....he also advised me to call you bambi but I think I'll stick with Hazel instead haha" he joked causing me to laugh. After Kenny left, I continued to casually stroll around, trying to take it all in. It looked like I was on some sort of street but it was really battered up and rough. Maybe it was supposed to look like that? None of the extras really paid me any attention which I was thankful for. It wasn't until I heard a shrill scream that I looked up. "Ugh!! Didn't I tell you I wanted coconut water?! Not plain water!! What are you stupid or someting?!" I heard the person yell. It sounded like a woman. "Miss Thuzban I'm so sorry but I couldn't find-" "NO I DON'T wanna hear your excuses. Either you get my water or you're fired and you'll  go right back to cleaning toilets for a living....you'd think by being my assistant you'd know how to do your damn job" The woman sassed as she took the water the assistant held in her hands, throwing it on the ground. I winced a bit, watching the assistant who looked like she was about to burst into tears. She looked like she was around my age. "Why are you still standing here?! Go fetch my water Molly!!" "S-Sorry Miss Thuzban." Molly quickly scurried off. 'Wow....' I thought and then it hit me. This girl was THE Tatiana Yvonne Thuzban. The supermodel. Also the girlfriend of, well ex girlfriend of Michael Jackson. What the hell was she doing here? I KNOW her petty ass wasn't about to be in...."Alright Tatiana you ready to shoot the video?" Kenny asked. Tatiana flashed a pearly white smile, obviously fake. "I was BORN ready Ken" Kenny nodded. "Okay now everyone's here except Michael....We just gotta wait for him then we'll be ready to go" That's right. I didn't remember even seeing Michael when I walked in. Damn, he's later than me! Tatiana then pulled out a compact mirror from her back jeans pocket. She checked her makeup and fluffed out her bouncy chocolate brown locks. I had to admit, she was gorgeous even though she seemed like a complete bitch. The outfit she wore was really short jean shorts with a white tank top and perhaps the highest red pumps I had ever seen, making her look insanely tall. Her natural curly hair flowed past her shoulders and the makeup she wore really brought out her dark brown eyes. She had flawless tan skin. Overall, like I said before, she looked absolutely gorgeous. I could instantly see why Michael dated her. In a lot of ways she sort of looked like the female version of him with the curly hair and brown eyes. I didn't mean to stare at her but for some reason I couldn't seem to tear my eyes away. I think I was just completely taken aback by the fact that from afar she looked like she'd be one  the most nicest girls in the world but was the total opposite. "Stupid earring" Tatiana mumbled as she readjusted the gold hoops she wore. Suddenly she glanced up. I quickly tried to look away but it was already too late. Placing her little mirror back in her pocket, Tatiana walked over towards me, reminding me of the way a model would strut on the runway. She didn't say anything, instead she just glared, looking me up and down. I nervously cleared my throat. "Hi Tatiana. I'm Hazel. One of the engineers for the 'Bad' Album. It's nice to meet you" I said, holding my hand out. Tatiana looked down at it like it was covered in poison. "So  YOU'RE the one Michael's been talking about....I don't know why, you ain't nothing special to look at" she said sucking on her teeth, walking away. I felt my blood begin to boil. What a fucking bitch! I immediately walked off the set and headed for the trailer, not even caring who it belonged to. I went inside, slamming the door. "Fucking Bitch....what did he ever see in her...." I whispered. "I find myself asking that same question" I heard a familiar voice say behind me, nearly scaring to death. I turned around and jumped. "M-Michael? Where have you been?" Michael smirked. "In here. I didn't wanna be bothered by anybody....especially her" He then crossed his arms over his chest, taking a few steps towards where I stood. "I take it you just met her, right?" I nodded. "Michael what's she even doing here? I thought you two broke up" "We did....but for publicity reasons she's still gonna be in my short film" What?! "What?" My voice cracked. "But she cheated on you..." Michael held his hand up, silencing me. "Don't remind me. We have a contract agreement so she's gotta be in it unfortunately" He let out a loud sigh, rubbing his temples. "I just can't wait until this shit's over so I'll never have to see her ass again" "Is this for the video?" I asked, looking over the outfit he wore. It was black jeans with a white t-shirt over a blue long sleeved shirt. He still had on the trademark white socks with black penny loafers. Truth be told, the outfit didn't look that much different from anything he'd normally wear. "Yeah....such a drastic change" Michael joked, rolling his eyes. His black curly hair in a low ponytail. I then opened the trailer door as the two of us walked out. "By the way, don't think I didn't realize you were over 20 minutes late...." Michael said. "I overslept" I confessed. "I know....I'll let it slide this time" he winked. Then he turned around to face me. "You're not wearing your glasses....." "I left them back at the dorm" I said. "Well I like it...." he confessed, walking away leaving me slightly confused.

 

"Michael! There you are! You ready to film?" Kenny called out. Michael nodded. "Alright places everyone! Hazel, come sit next to me" Kenny called out as he set up the cameras and all the extras took the place. Tatiana took her place next to Michael and I could visibly see him move away. There was some obvious tension between them that only seemed to get worse as the filming went on....

 

It was now over an hour into the shoot and Michael and Tatiana were going down each others throats, screaming and cursing at each other. "Damn it's about to be like Jerry Springer out here!" One of the extras yelled out causing everyone to laugh including me. "Look can y'all at least TRY to act like you like each other? We're wasting time here" Kenny said, getting frustrated. I had to agree they were acting like two little bratty kids. It was now time to film the scene where Tatiana gets out of the car and Michael playfully chases after her. But during one of the takes, Tatiana fell on her butt and all Michael did was just stand there, trying hard to hold back his laughter. During another take Tatiana had pushed Michael against the car, almost making him fall. When he tried to dance for her, she crossed her arms over her chest and actually laughed at him. But the third take was when it REALLY went down. Tatiana had managed to get out of the car and everything seemed to be going well until she ran too fast and ended up tripping over the curb, causing her heel to snap and her ankle to twist. She fell to the concrete, letting out a bloodcurdling scream. "My ankle! I hurt my ankle!" She kept yelling, the tears pouring down her cheeks, ruining her fresh makeup. Everyone ran to her side except Michael who looked pissed. "She's just faking it" he kept saying. "No I'm not you asshole!" Tatiana yelled, holding her ankle. I rushed over to her side. "Can you stand up?" I asked. "What the hell do you think?!" She snapped. "HEY don't talk to her like that" Michael snapped at her. Somebody had called the paramedics and they took a screaming and whining Tatiana away. After all the commotion was over I took a seat back in my chair. "Great. Just fucking great. How are we gonna finish now?!" Michael yelled. He was mad. "Michael please just relax. Let's think for a sec" another voice tried to reassure him. I had found out that the voice belonged to one of his sister's. She was also one of the extras in the video. "Think about what Toya?! I have a deadline! How am I supposed to finish?!!" "We've just gotta find another girl Mike, it's no big deal really" A man said. It was Michael's manager Frank Dileo. "And where the hell am I gonna find one Frank?!" Michael yelled, pacing back and forth. Suddenly one of the extras spoke up. He pointed a finger over at me. I felt my heart begin to race. Oh please don't....."What about her?" Damn. Suddenly all eyes were on me. I quickly shook my head, my face hot with embarrassment. "No...I can't" "Yeah! Hazel would be perfect!" Kenny said. Michael however, remained quiet. I was praying he was gonna say that's a horrible idea but instead he walked up to me and said "Hazel please can you do this for me? It won't be hard at all....I promise" I let out a reluctant sigh, looking over my outfit. "I'm not even dressed for the part" Michael shook his head. "I'm sure we'll find something for you to wear. Karen! Mike! Come here!" he called out. Karen Faye was his hair and makeup artist, Michael (Mike) Bush was his clothing designer. "Can y'all help Hazel get ready?" Karen and Mike nodded and I followed them back into the trailer......

 

"I can't believe I'm actually doing this..." I mumbled causing Karen to laugh as she did my makeup. My outfit was already on. It didn't take too long to pick out. Bush had decided on a short black dress that shaped my body very well. It actually looked like I had curves! Or, at least helped outline any of the curves I had. I also wore black tights with black heels. My black hair had been curled and flowed down my back. "I'm so nervous" I confessed, my leg shaking. "Aw hun you'll be just fine! Trust me" Karen said as she added the finishing touches. "Alright I'm finished! Take a look!" She said, handing me a mirror. I looked over my appearance and gasped. "You like it?" Bush asked. I nodded, feeling  my eyes begin to water. "Thank you" I said, my voice a bit shaky. I looked so beautiful. It felt strange seeing myself like that. "Aw your welcome and don't cry! I don't want your makeup to get ruined!" Karen said, giving me a hug. Bush then pulled out a bunch of silver bangles and bracelets from a bag. "Just some finishing accessories" he said, helping me put the bracelets on my wrists. "Alright girl! I think You're ready now!" He said, opening the door and I slowly went down the steps and walked out, my heart pounding against my ribs. 'Please let this go well.....' I thought, inhaling a deep breath as I continued walking over to where Michael and the rest of the extras stood....

Chapter End Notes:

Awwww snaaap how y'all think the video shoot is gonna go now that Hazel is playing the lead girl? Btw she's actually wearing the same outfit Tatiana wore in the legit music video (I just changed Tatiana's clothes lol) How do you think Michael is gonna react when he sees her? Please Review!!!! Btw the next chap will be told in Michael's pov ;)