- Text Size +

When I returned the next day I felt horrible. I had woken up with a cold but still decided to come in the studio. It also didn't help that the weather outside was below freezing (see this is exactly why I couldn't STAND the winter) making my cold feel a thousand times worse. I wore black jeans with a long grey wool turtle neck sweater. My black hair was up in a ponytail. The glasses I wore were also starting to fog up due to the cold. While sitting in the studio, I placed my head in my hands, letting out a groan. Not even Michael's singing could make me feel better. "Aw what's wrong bam? You feelin sick?" Quincy asked concerned. I raised my head from my hands. "I'm okay Quincy, really" I lied, giving a weak smile. Of course Quincy didn't buy it. "I think we should end early for today. You don't look too good" he said, cutting off the music ans speaking into the microphone. "Smelly that's enough for today. We'll finish up the track tomorrow!" From the silence that setting in the booth, I knew all hell was about to break loose. My heart began to pound in my chest as I watched Michael took off his headphones (well more like slammed them to the ground) and stormed out of the booth. I've come to realize that Michael Jackson is a total perfectionist and can't stand when his precious studio time is interrupted. Quincy can't either but at least he's considerate and sympathetic for those who aren't feeling well unlike Michael who doesn't give two shits! I mean I'm sitting here literally coughing my lungs out, nose runny, and perhaps maybe a fever and he STILL doesn't care! And let the drama king start royal bitching in 3.....2....."Come ON Q! We have a deadline man, we've gotta finish this track by tonight! All I have to do is add a couple more vocals for layering and we'll be good!" Michael said, looking over at Quincy not even acknowledging my sick presence. Quincy let out a easy laugh. "Mike relax! I know we're on a deadline but we'll get it finished by tomorrow! Besides bambi's has to go home. She's not feeling too well" Michael then glared over at me. I kept my vision on the black boots I wore. I could still feel his eyes on me for another good ten seconds before he finally spoke again. "Quincy she looks fine to me. She's probably just faking it. And why the hell is she here anyway? It's because of HER we're not gonna finish this album on time!" Now that's when I looked up. I was beyond shocked but also hurt when Michael said that. He didn't even know why I was here?! Didn't Quincy tell him?? "I told you already, Hazel's here for her college internship but she's really sick, she's gotta go home now-" "HOW THE FUCK WOULD YOU KNOW?!" Michael yelled startling Quincy and myself. What the hell crawled up in his ass and died? "Alright Michael you need to relax. You're getting upset for NO reason" Quincy said sternly. Michael let out a frustrated sigh, ruinning a hand threw his black curls. "Q you KNOW how I don't like other people in the studio besides us. You should've never agreed to do that intern crap. It's complete bullshit and you know it! At least pick a student who isn't complete idiot!" With that, Michael stormed out of the studio, leaving behind a speechless Quincy and me almost on the verge of tears. Quincy looked over at me, I was biting hard on my bottom lip to keep the tears from falling. I didn't want to look like a baby since in Michael's eyes I was already seen as that. Quincy let out a sigh. "Don't let him get to you, Hazel. He's just.....in one of his MOODS.....yeah, he's definitely in one of those diva moods today" I cracked a small smile, sniffling. "Maybe this was a bad idea....for me to intern here" I said softly, my voice quivering. Great. I hate whenever it'd do that. It was just a sign that I was about a second close from fully breaking completely down. Quincy dismissed that with the wave of his hand. "Nonsense! Believe me you're staying whether Michael likes it or not. It's still the beginning of January. We've  still got a looooong way to go before your internship is over but I would love for you to stay. Michael usually means well, even if sometimes he can be an annoying little ass. I'll handle him. Just work on, well your work alright?" I nodded. The two of us got up out of our chairs and to my surprise Quincy embraced me with a huge hug. "Bambi you better not get me sick!" he joked. I laughed while reassuring him. "I'll try!" We packed up our things and left the studio. While driving back to the college dorm that night I replayed what Quincy had said. He was right. I was gonna have to stay. I worked to damn hard to get this internship to just up and quit because of some bratty pop star. I have to stay until the 'Bad' album is finished and released in late August.....Then I'll NEVER have to see Michael Jackson again. As I pulled up into the parking lot and walk into my dorm, I smile. 'Why can't it just be August already?!' I thought in my mind as I quickly put my pjs on and go to bed.