- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Wanted to try something new....Enjoy :)

I loved watching him work in the studio. It's like he would become a whole different person. The music literally took control over his body and he'd always dance effortlessly around the booth. I swear, hearing this man sing did something to me! His harmonies were out of this world and he made it look so damn easy! Here I was, sitting in the control room next to his producer in complete awe of his enormous talent. I felt my face flush as I continued watching him grind his hips in sync with the music. I slowly let my mind wander off but it wasn't until I heard Quincy's voice speak in the mic, snap me out of my dirty thoughts. "Alright Smelly! Let's take 5" Taking off his headphones, Michael answered back "Alright Q" In case you're wondering, I'm working as an intern at Epic Records for the winter. I'm studying a major in music and engineering for college. I had absolutely NO idea where I'd end up but somehow Epic had an opening and I immediately replied and got accepted.....talk about luck! I was super excited to see exactly what artist I'd get and was even more surprised with who I got paired up with.....Quincy was explaining something to me about managing controls while I frantically scribbled everything down in my little notebook, my glasses sliding off my nose. Strolling out of the booth, Michael walked over towards where we were and laughed, probably at me of course.  "What'd you tell the kid Q?! You've got her writin a damn novel" he joked. I let out a sigh. The people I was working for in case you didn't already know were Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones. It was for Michael's third solo album entitled 'Bad'. It was early 1987 and this album was expected to come out sometime around August later this year. It was January now so we had about 7 months to get this baby ready and released. When I told everyone who I'd be working for, they all were beyond jealous and shocked. "Michael Jackson?! You're really working with Michael Jackson?!" They'd say and I'd shyly nod my head yes. Everyone then would go on and on about telling me how lucky I was to be working with MJ but to be honest, I didn't really see what all the fuss was about. I mean sure, Michael was crazy talented but behind closed doors he was a complete ass especially towards me. He tried to act like such a sweet angel in public but that image was just a bunch of bs if you asked me! That was all an act he'd put on. I saw through it and I knew Quincy did to but he'd never say anything because Michael was never rude to him....but with me? That was a different story...."Alright I'm gonna head out for lunch. Mike you want anything?" Quincy asked. He grabbed his stuff and began to walk out. Michael shook his head as he took a seat next to me. I felt my body go stiff. "Nah, I'm not hungry Q" he said. "What about you bambi? You want somethin?" Bambi was a nickname Quincy had given me because of my big doe like eyes and quiet nature. My real name was actually Hazel. "No I'm okay. Thank you though" I replied, going back to writing in my notebook. After Quincy left, Michael and I were alone however I ignored him while continuing writing, getting lost in my thoughts. "Hey" Michael called out but I didn't answer. I was in my own little word at the moment. "Yo big bird!" He yelled. Now THAT caught my attention. I hated being called that ever since I was a child. It's not my fault I was born really tall. I quickly looked up, only to find him smirking at me. I wanted so badly to slap that stupid smirk off his face. "I, I have a name you know" I managed to force out, surprising myself and Michael as well. Where'd that sudden boldness come from? "Oh yeah? Well it sure ain't no damn Bambi! I honestly don't understand why the hell Quincy calls you that. You look NOTHING like it." Michael said as he got up to walk away but not before turning around and making loud bird noises at me, letting out a loud cackling laugh. I stood up, packing up my belongings in my bag. "You're a jerk. You know that?" Michael turned around, still laughing. "Oh I know. But it's not like you can do anything about it. Say one bad thing and you'll be fired by the morning sweetheart" Michael faked a smile. I didn't reply but could feel myself fuming as I turned on my heels and left the studio. I needed a break. Hopefully Quincy would understand.....

Chapter End Notes:

Y'all think I should continue with this story? Please review!!!!!