- Text Size +
As the wedding got closer Michael noticed a change in both Becka and Dana. Becka was more quiet. She hardly spoke to him and just smiled. Dana however was the opposite; throwing temper tantrum after temper tantrum. Michael had never seen her like this but little did he know she was like this all the time.


"Give me those!!!!!" Dana said snatching the basket of flowers out of Stacy's (Michael's 11 year old nice) hands. "You don't toss them in the air!!" "You toss them on the floor!!!" "Do you want to be the flower girl or not?!?!??!?!?!" Dana screamed. Stacy's eyes began to well with tears. "Dana what are yo doing?!?!" Michael asked. He was so sick of her nasty attitude. "She's not doing things right!!" Dana said. "Well that doesn't mean yell at her!!" Michael said in his nice's defense. "She' only 11 and she's never been a flower girl!" "There are no excuses!!" Dana retorted. " I knew how to toss roses when I was 11!!!" "What's wrong with her?, is she retarded?!?!" "Dana, what's been up with you lately?!?!" Michael asked. "You've been snapping at everyone, catching temper tantrums like a child, this is not what I'm getting married for." By now the whole family was watching them argue. They had wedding rehersal once a week but none of them where ever this interesting. "I don't owe you any explanation Michael!!" Dana screamed "I'm a grown ass woman and I talk and treat people however I damn well please!!!" Dana said firmly. "You know what, I don't want to deal with this for the rest of my life." Michael said and he walked out. "I told you." Janet said. Dana gave her a evil look and was about to jump on her when Rebbie blocked her path. " Challenge me." She threatened. Dana stepped back. "I cannot take this." Kathrine said. "No comment." Said Joe who was stealing refreshments. Becka just politely excused herself so she could talk to Michael.

"Hey." Becka said when she finally found Michael who was sitting on a nearby park bench. "Hey." Michael replied. Becka silently took a seat beside him and gave him a smile of sympathy. "I should have listened to you." Michael said staring at his hands. Becka could hear all the sadness in his voice. "Well you can't listen to me all the time." "Barnum says there's a sucker born every minuet." "I never thought I'd be one of them." Becka sighed. "Michael, I'm sorry." Becka said. "I was trying too hard to save you and I forgot that you were a grown man and you have to make your own decisions and speak for yourself." "And I'm sorry for acting like a total bitch." Michael sighed. " But hey, you did it all out of love." "I'd rather you act like a bitch out of love than out of spite." The two friends laughed. "Hey isn't this easy?" Becka asked herself "Janet told me what happened the other day." Becka snickered. "I've learned to not let Dana get to me and just let go." "I can't control what you do." "It's your life and It's what you make it." "I've got to go now." Said Becka and she did something she least expected; she leaned over and kissed Michael on the cheek. Then she bashfully walked away.

"Why cant you see you belong with me?"