- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi readers!! Here's another chapter!! I don't know if I can get another one posted before school starts on Monday but I can try. Feel free to let me know what you think and please review!
Michael

Well, my plan to get dirt on Jasper fell through. But, I did get to give Harry a chance to express his feelings. I felt really bad for him. Poor kid was already without a father and now he felt as if he was losing his mother. I bet that Judas doesn’t even care for him either. The only thing I could possibly suggest to him was to tell his mom how he really felt.

I am proud to admit that I have accomplished the biggest step to winning Erin back. I got divorce papers! I didn’t hesitate to sign them either. Now all I needed was Brooke’s lovely signature. Of course I had to sort out a few things such custody and finances but all that would come later. This is just want Erin wanted. She wanted me to get serious. To show her that I really wanted her. I now had the proof on paper. Once I showed her the papers she couldn’t help but reconsider.

It was a Wednesday. I’d gotten off from the Hospital late today. I was tired and couldn’t wait to get home but I’d decided that I’d drop the divorce papers off at Brooke’s place. I’d had them for about a week now and I felt I shouldn’t hesitate anymore. The sooner she got them the quicker all this would get done and the quicker Erin would be mine.

It was about 8:30 by the time I arrived at the house Brooke and I once shared. I still remember when we first brought the house. Brooke was bursting with excitement. This had been the house she’d had her heart set on all along when we first went house hunting. At the time it was a bit pricey for our income but I was willing to do anything to please the lady in my life. It’s sad to think that those days are now history for us.

I got out of my car, walked up to the door and rang the doorbell twice. I still had a key but it was late and I didn’t want to scare Brooke and the girls by just walking in the house. About a minute later both doors were opened by my second born. “Daddy!!” Emma exclaimed. She was wearing her pajamas. Her wavy hair fell around her shoulders. I scooped her up into a big bear hug. “Hi princess! Why aren’t you in bed?” I asked as I stepped over the threshold with Emma in my arms. To be nine years old she was pretty lightweight “I was getting ready to go. Can you read me a bed time story?” She asked. I sighed. As much as I would love too I really have to talk business with Brooke.

“Not tonight sweetheart. I need to talk to Mommy. Can you tell her I’m here? “ I asked putting her down. “Okay Daddy.” Emma replied before skipping away. “Wait! Aren’t you forgetting something?” I asked. Emma stopped and turned to face me, a puzzled expression on her young face. “No.” She replied. I smiled. “You’re forgetting to give your daddy a goodnight kiss!” I exclaimed. Emma smiled running towards me. I picked her up and she placed a big kiss on my cheek. “I love you Princess. Sweet dreams.” I spoke putting her down again. “Night Daddy! I love you!” She replied before skipping away and jogging up the stairs. I waited for a while and after what seemed like forever Brooke finally came down stairs.

She smiled at me tying her robe around her waist. Her hair was damp and I assumed she’d just gotten out of the shower. “Hello Michael.” Brooke greeted me. She walked over to me wrapping her arms around my waist. Since Brooke and I were still intimate during our separation things would be more a lot more complicated with this divorce. “Hi Brooke.” I replied dryly. Any trace of excitement in my voice and she might think I was here for the wrong reasons. “Staying the night?” She asked. I shook my head removing her arms from my waist. “We need to talk.” I spoke bluntly. Brooke’s face fell. “Okay.” She replied as she began heading toward the kitchen. I followed. We always seemed to go to the kitchen to discuss things. Brooke made herself comfortable at the kitchen table. I chose to stand. Without another word I pulled the papers from my blazer and slapped them down on the table.

Brooke’s slender fingers reached across the table in route of the papers. She picked them up, her blue eyes scanning over the words. A somber expression settled on Brooke’s beautiful face. “I thought we’d work this out Michael.” She simply declared. Sorry honey, you thought wrong.

“I’ve thought about it Brooke. It won’t work out. Things aren’t the same as they were fifteen years ago. It makes no sense carrying on when our marriage is deader than Abraham Lincoln.” I replied sharply. Brooke sighed. “I know we’re having our differences right now but I love you and I’m willing to make some changes for things to work out.” She pleaded. It really didn’t matter how many changes we made. Things won’t be the same. “You’re delusional Brooke. Marriages are not like living rooms. You can’t rearrange things to make it better!!”I retorted. “We haven’t even tried!!!” Brooke shouted. By now she had gotten out of her chair. She never argued sitting down.

I sighed. Why is she so hell bent on saving our marriage?? The spark is gone. It died out long ago. It can’t be ignited again. “If you want to be frank Brooke I don’t wanna try. I love you but I’m not in love with you anymore! I’m in love with Erin!!” I blurted. Damn. Once again I put my foot in my mouth. I guess it was about time she knew anyway.

Brooke narrowed her blue eyes at me. “What did you say?” She asked. Her tone of voice was scary. “I’m in love with Erin.” I softly repeated. Brooke stared at the floor shaking her head. A thick silence loomed in the air. I knew I’d caused major damage. “How long has this been?” She asked still staring at the tile floors of the kitchen. “I’ve always loved Erin. Always.” I confessed. Brooke finally lifted her head up. She stared me straight in the eyes. I could see tears were already forming in the corners of hers. “Did you sleep with her?” She asked crossing her arms across her chest. I was silent. How on earth do you tell your wife you’ve slept with her sister??

“How could you Michael?!?! We took vows!! I trusted you!!” Brooke shouted tears streaming down her face. “You mean to tell me that all this time you’ve been making love to me you were sleeping with Erin?!?!” She asked furiously. “It was one time Brooke and that was fifteen years ago; a few months before we got married. We we’re both drunk. It didn’t happen on purpose!” I protested. Brooke laughed harshly. “Fifteen years ago, ten years ago, five seconds ago it doesn’t matter it still happened!!! Both you and Erin kept this from me for fifteen goddam years!!! This is the root of our problems. This is why we’re getting a divorce. Our marriage is built upon lies!!” She shouted. I didn’t mean to throw Erin into all this.

“Brooke, you have to understand that Erin and I didn’t want to ruin the wedding. If we told you that it would have ruined everything.” I replied calmly. Maybe a bit too calmly. “I didn’t care about the wedding! It’s just one day! What I care about is our marriage. But you obviously didn’t care about it in the beginning. And you don’t care about me.” Brooke finished bitterly. No! I don’t want her to think that! Once again I look like an ass. “Brooke, don’t say that. Please.” I begged placing an arm on her shoulder. She snatched away. “I regret ever marrying you Michael Jackson. The best thing you ever did for me was give me the girls. I want the rest of your shit out of my house by this weekend and you’ll have your divorce papers by then. I hope it works for you and Erin. You two deserve each other.” She spoke bitterly turning her back towards me. Ouch. Women sure do know how to hurt you with their words.

“Brooke, I-“ I began but was quickly cut off by Brooke’s angry voice. “I have nothing more to say to you. Get the hell away from me!” She shouted. I sighed. I guess this really is the end for us.

I left the kitchen and headed for the front door when I heard light sniffling. I turned around only to discover Rowan, my eldest daughter sitting at the bottom of the stairs, her head in her hands. Her shoulders moved up and down vigorously. I walked over to Rowan taking a seat next to her on the bottom stair. “I’m sorry you had to hear that baby.” I spoke soothingly as I stroked her hair. Rowan lifted her head up and turned to face me. Her brown eyes were blood shot from crying. “I hate it when you guys fight. Why can’t things be the way they we’re before??” She asked through her tears. I sighed. “Your mom and I just don’t feel the same way about each other anymore.” I replied. Rowan’s sobs grew louder. “It’s my fault.” She replied simply. My heart dropped. What on earth would make her think that??

“Why would you think that Princess?” I asked. Rowan whipped her eyes with the corner of on of the sleeves of her pajamas. “You said so. I heard you and Mom arguing one night and you said after I was born you guys drifted apart.” She replied tearfully. Oh no. So it was true but that didn’t mean her birth was the cause of it. “Oh no Baby. You could never be the cause of what’s happening between me and your Mom. You’re one of the greatest things that ever happened to us.” I assured her. “Really?” She asked. I tucked a lose curl behind her ear. “Really. Just because your Mom and I don’t love each other anymore doesn’t mean we love you any less and I don’t ever want you to think that, okay?” I asked. Rowan nodded tears still spilling down her face. I enveloped her into a long hug and placed a kiss on her forehead before leaving like Brooke so kindly asked.

Now that I’d gotten that off my chest maybe things would get easier for me
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading and please review!!!