- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi lovely readers. Here a chapter. I hope you enjoy. Only a few more chapters to go!! Please leave a review!!!
I studied my reflection in the mirror and straightened my red sundress . It was a bit snug. I’ve gained some weight recently. Oh well. As long as my wedding dress still fits I couldn’t care less if all my other clothes became too tight. Tonight , Michael was throwing me a makeshift bachelorette party just like I had done for him all those years ago. I thought it was really sweet that he remembered. I’d talked to him a little earlier this week and he wouldn’t drop any hints as to what he had planned. It was a surprise All he’d told me was to meet him at the park. I’d like to think that Michael and I are back to being friends again. I think now that his apology at lunch was sincere and that he just wanted to be friends. That’s the only way I wanted it to be now.

“Wow, you could stop traffic.” Jacob marvels as he enters our bedroom. I could feel color rising to my cheeks as he walks over to me and wraps his strong arms around my waist. I could just feel myself melting at his touch. Jake places his face in the crook of my neck leaving a small trail of kisses. “You’re too kind.” I replied softly, breathing in his cologne. “Where are you going looking so gorgeous?” He ask into my skin. “Michael’s throwing me a makeshift bachelorette party.” I replied casually inspecting my hair to make sure that all the strands were in place. Jacob softly yet suddenly pulled himself away from me.

“What’d I do wrong , babe?” I questioned turning to face him. Jacob sat on our bed, his arms folded. His handsome face held an indifferent expression. “Don’t you think you’re a little too dressed up?” Jake asked, avoiding my question. So just a few minutes ago I was stopping traffic and now I’m over dressed??

Personally I thought I’d kept it pretty simple. My dress was just a plain sundress- nothing formal. My hair was pulled back, I was barely wearing any makeup and I had on sandals. There really was no need for me to dress up. I was just going out with Michael. “No, I’d say I look pretty plain Jane.” I replied. Jake sighed. “I just don’t really think you should be wearing that dress around another man.” He replied. Oh, I know exactly what this is about. I smirked. “Are you jealous??” I asked. “Maybe I am. I take that back. Damn right I am.” He replied. My smile widened. I walked over to him and stood between his legs, wrapping my arms around his neck. “Baby, there’s no need to be jealous. I’m completely yours. No one can take you away from me. Besides, Michael and I are only friends.” I assured him whilst starting into his blue eyes.

Jake sighs wrapping his arms around my waist. “To you you’re just friends but he thinks differently.” He declared. So at one point Michael did but not anymore. Had Jacob picked up on this before? “What makes you say that?” I asked curious to his response. “It’s just the way he looks at you. It’s no secret that he’s got a crush. Did anything ever happen between you two?” He asked his hands traveling the length of my torso. That question literally made my heart drop. It was so close to the wedding and I’d kept it a secret for so long-even Brooke had forgiven me. It literally killed me to lie to Jacob but there was no way I could let him know about that.

I shook my head. “No Jake. Michael and I have always only been friends. There’s nothing to worry about, okay? Just be happy they’ll be no male strippers.” I replied with a smirk. Jacob’s eyebrows rose. “There better not be.” He grumbled. I giggled. “Can’t promise anything.” I replied playfully. My eyes fell on the clock. It was six-thirty. Michael had asked me to meet him at seven.

“As much as I would love to stay here in your arms, I have to get going now.” I announced. Jake sighed. “Keep an eye out.” He warned. I sighed. Jacob had never explained to me his dislike for Michael but now I knew. Honestly he had nothing to worry about. “Be nice.” I replied before kissing him and removing myself from his embrace.

Despite Jacob’s suspicions, I was really interested to see how the night would turn out.

Michael
I straightened the table cloth once more as I gave the table a final look. I’ve gotta admit, I’m pretty pleased with my work. It had been a while since I’d gotten in touch with my romantic side but I’m proud to say that I’ve still got it. I’ve got the whole night mapped out.

I’d planned for Erin and I to have a nice dinner that I prepared myself, a toast to her engagement with a little wine( I think we could handle ourselves this time although I wouldn’t mind if what happened between us before happened again.). We’d catch up on things that had happened in our lives recently, reminisce about the past and then I’d profess my love for her. It was going to work. I just knew it. Something about tonight felt so right.

I looked down at my watch to check the time. It was a little over seven. I’d asked Erin to meet me at seven but knowing her she’d be running late. I can’t wait for her to get here. I can’t wait to make her mine. It was almost as if my thoughts were read because I quickly saw a feminine figure approaching me.

“Hello Michael.” Erin greets me. She looks so perfect in that dress she’s wearing. I can feel my heart rate increasing. I smiled. “Hey Erin. Glad you’re finally here.” I replied as I walked over to her enveloping her in a hug. Her perfume is so intoxicating. It killed me to pull away. Erin smiled as she looked at the table. “Well, this is déjà vu. Did you set this up all by yourself?” She asked. I nodded proudly. “Why don’t you make yourself comfortable, bachelorette?” I asked. She smiles as she straightens her dress and takes a seat at the picnic table. I sit across from her. “I never thought anyone would call me that. So, what’s on the menu tonight?” Erin asked propping a hand on her chin. “Chicken spaghetti. I made it myself.” I declared proudly as I reached into the picnic basket at retrieved the food and silverware.

“Wow. I should start calling you Chef Michael. That sounds really good and I’ve been having a craving for chicken lately.” She replied happily. I chuckled at her enthusiasm as I began preparing our plates. I really missed these moments. Erin was so easy to talk with, so easy to get along with and so easy to love.

“Well, I really hope you enjoy it.” I replied handing her the eating utensils. “I’m sure I will.” Erin replied as she took the fork with a smile. I couldn’t help but notice her engagement ring. Even in the late afternoon it shined brightly. It was like a slap in the face. I almost wanted her to take it off but I knew it would be rude to ask.”Your engagement ring, it’s very nice.” I forced myself to say. Erin smiled. “Thank you. Jacob did a great job picking it out. I love it.” She beamed as she spread her napkin over her lap. There she goes bringing up that loser again. I could’ve done a better job at picking out an engagement ring. I knew what Erin liked better than Josh did any way.

“Oh, I almost forgot. I brought wine. It wouldn’t be proper to celebrate this occasion without a bit of wine .” I declared placing the bottle on the table. I then began pouring our glasses. “Oh no Michael, I can’t.” Erin protested. Does she think I’m trying to get her drunk?? “Oh, c’mon Erin. We’re older now. I know you can handle yourself. You don’t even have to have a full glass. Just a little so we can toast to your engagement.” I urged. She shook her head. “No Michael, I really can’t.” Erin replied. Hmm. That’s strange. I bet she drinks with that dick boyfriend of hers. I forced a smile. “That’s fine. I’ll just enjoy all by myself.” I replied. “In moderation right? You know how you are when you’re drunk.” She replied with a small laugh placing her hand over mine reaching for her fork and twirling a few spaghettis around it. “So, how’s it taste?” I asked once she had taken a bite. Erin smiled. “It’s excellent. Everything’s perfect.” She replied. I smiled to myself. I was sure that’s how the night would end.
****

Time truly does fly when you’re having fun. I’d had a great time having dinner with Erin tonight. I was mesmerized by her beauty, amused by her humor. To my pleasure Erin didn’t mention much about Jason or her wedding at dinner. It was just like old times. Almost as if we were teenagers again. After filling up on dinner we decided to take a walk around the park.

Erin giggled softly as she walked next to me. “What are you laughing about?” I asked. “Oh, I don’t know. Life, timing, being here with you. Everything’s so similar to your bachelor party. Only its sixteen years apart.” She replied matter-of-factly. I smiled as I shoved my hands in my pockets. “Well good traditions must be passed on.” I replied. she smiled. “One more week and I can create so many more traditions with Jake. I can’t wait.” She replied dreamily. I cringed. Just when I thought I wasn’t gonna have to hear about him. “I still can’t believe you’re getting married.” I replied. Erin grinned. “Me neither but I’ve imagined this for so long. And now, I don’t have to keep imagining.” She replied. There was a part of me that almost- almost wanted to feel happy for Erin right then, but the selfish side of me wouldn’t allow me to be.

We’d finally reached the swings and I instantly got an idea. “I bet I can still beat you on the jump.” I declared boldly. Erin smiled widely. “Michael, you know we’re way too old for that now. I won’t be able to get up from the ground. We’re not sixteen anymore.” She giggled. Maybe she had a point. “ Alright, maybe you’ve got a point. How about we just swing?” I suggested. “Sounds great.” Erin replied. We walked in silence to the swings and took a seat. A light breeze began blowing and Erin’s focus seemed to be on the buildings that were illuminated on New York’s skyline.

“Michael, I’m so happy right now. Jacob’s just so good for me. I couldn’t ask for anything more.” She declared. I thought I’d escaped hearing about him at dinner but I guess I was wrong. It’s time I get straight to the point. “Erin, you know I love you right?” I asked. She turns to face me with a smile. “Yes, I know you love me Mike. I love you too.” Erin replied. I sighed. “No. I love you. I’m in love with you. And I can’t stand to hear you talk about him. I can’t stand to see you with him.” I replied. Erin’s face dropped. “I think you’ve had too much wine.” She declared casually. I stood up from my seat. “I haven’t!!” I protested. Erin sighed as she too stood up from her seat. “Well I suppose you know how it feels now.” She replied smoothing out her dress. I knew exactly what she was talking about. “Yeah, I do. And it just doesn’t feel right. You think he loves you? You think what he shows you is love? Well guess what Erin? I can love you more than that.” I declared. Erin stared at me and I couldn’t quite put my finger what she was feeling.

I moved closer to her and reached out and cupped her beautiful face in my hands. Erin stood there frozen. I stared into her beautiful blue eyes. “I’ve loved you since we were sixteen. I’ve loved you longer than him. I know I messed up but we were simply meant to be together. If you just give me the chance, I promise that I can love you more than you could ever imagine. More than he ever could.” I declared. It seemed as if tears began welling up in Erin’s eyes. She stared at me simply shaking her head. “Michael, I just-“ She didn’t finish her sentence before turning around, leaning over and retching. Damn, just when I had gotten into it.

For some reason I panicked. Had I given her food poisoning? Was the chicken bad? Did I sicken her with my speech? She was throwing up pretty intensely. Something had to be wrong.

“Erin, are you alright?” I asked, kneeling beside her and rubbing her back. Erin shook her head. It felt like forever until she stopped retching. She slowly turned around and faced me. Her eyes were bloodshot red. “I’ve got to get going Michael. Thanks for tonight.” She declared. Did she even hear anything I said? “Wait, Erin. Let me take you home. You’re sick.” I insisted. She shook her head. “No. The rehearsal dinner is Friday. I’ll see you there. Goodnight Michael.” Erin replied hurriedly before walking away.

When I finally express my feelings, she just brushes them off and walks away. This can’t be over. It won’t be over.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading and please leave a review!! I love to hear what you guys think!