- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi readers!! I'm sorry it took me a long time to get another chapter out. The ideas haven't been flowing freely. This chapter is short, find of a filler and full of fluff. I know everybody's TeamMichael but this is a TeamJacob chapter if there's anybody TeamJacob. No? Okay. Lol!! Anyway, Michael's had his romantic moments with Brooke it's only fair that Erin gets her moments. Here's a question for you all. What would you think of some of the future chapters to be in Michael's POV? "Something Borrowed" was completely in Erin's POV and no one ever got to hear Michael's side of the story. Anyway, please don't forget to let me know what you think and leave reviews!!!
I think it was safe to say that Michael was a tad bit upset with me after our conversation at Sailor’s birthday party. Everything I said must be true in order for him to react this way. I hadn’t talked to him in weeks. But secretly I didn’t mind. I was much too busy being romanced by Jacob to even care. We’d been going out a little over a month now and things couldn’t be better.

Jake and I walked in comfortable silence along Coney Island’s boardwalk, our hands intertwined. It was nighttime, the boardwalk was illuminated by bright lights. The sound of the ocean waves crashing against the shore filled my ears and the silver moon shinned down on the dancing waves. The setting couldn’t be any more romantic and perfect. I felt a deep sense of happiness settling in, a deep feeling I hadn’t felt in a long time.

“You know, I had my first date here.” Jake declares breaking the silence. I turned to him with a smile. “Oh really?” I asked, my grip on his hand tightening slightly. “Yeah, I was sixteen and I’d been begging this girl I had a crush to go out with me. She finally said yes.” He replied with a sheepish grin. “Desperate, much? So how’d it go?” I asked playfully. Jacob sighed. “It was great. That was until I got sick on one of the rides. I vomited all over her.” He spoke embarrassment evident in his voice. I covered my mouth with my free hand hoping to stifle the giggles that escaped my throat but it was no use.

Jacob stopped walking. He turned to face me and playfully narrowed his blue eyes at me. “Are you laughing?” He asked amusement in his voice. I tried to maintain a straight face. “No. Why would I do that? That’s so cruel.” I replied in a sweet tone walking away to lean on one of the rails. I could feel my dress kicking against my legs as a cool night breeze blew. Jake came and stood next to me. “Well, let’s just say I was known as “Barf Boy” for the rest of sophomore year. I was suck a dork.” He finished shoving his hands in his pockets. I smiled. “You still are. But you’re my dork. And a very handsome one I might add.” I replied. Jacob grinned at me and I grinned back. I sighed contently and stared out into the vast ocean in front of me. I hardly ever had time any time to appreciate the beauty of things like this.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed that Jacob had been staring at me for quite some time. I couldn’t help but feel insecure under his gaze. “Why do you stare at me that way?” I asked turning to him. He slightly tilted his head to the side. “I don’t know. I just feel something special when I look at you. Something I haven’t felt in a very long time.” Jake replied softly. A swarm of butterflies seemed to invade my stomach, a slightly foreign yet familiar feeling. He moved closer, closing the space between us. As his lips touched mine, I could literally feel myself falling in love.

This feeling wasn’t foreign to me. I’d been in love times before. I’d felt that way about my college boyfriend, about Leif. But the only other person who’d I’d felt this strongly about was Michael. When Michael married Brooke, I felt as if all hope was lost. I felt as if I could never find anyone who made me feel the way he did. I felt I could never love anyone like I’d loved Michael. Being with Jacob made me feel that it was possible to feel what I once felt. He could never be Michael but I didn’t want him to be. It was much better to enjoy what I could have now than dwell on what I’d missed in the past. Maybe, just maybe; I’d get the happy ending I deserved.

After sometime we pulled apart. I blushed profusely and Jacob smiled down at me. He reached out and tucked a stray strand of hair away from my face. “I like you Erin, I like you a lot.” Jake declared. I blushed harder. “I like really like you too.” I replied shyly. Jacob reached out and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him. “Be my girlfriend.” He declares. A bright smile adorned my features. “Is that a question or a statement?” I asked playfully raising an eyebrow. Jake smirks. “I’m not asking.” He answered smoothly. I smiled “Well in that case, I guess I have no choice then.” I replied. I grinned before pulling him in for another kiss.

I was certainly looking forward to everything this relationship had to offer. Could it be that I was moving on from Michael?
Chapter End Notes:
I had this song on repeat the whole entire time I was writing this chapter to help me capture an element of romance. Great song! Just thought I'd share it with you all. Ed Sheeran is a musical genius!

Thanks for reading and please review! Hope you have a Happy Fourth!!