- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi readers!! Sorry I made you wait so long for an update. I had a lack of inspiration. This is not my best update but an update none the less. Please don't forget to review and if you have any ideas please feel free to share them. I could really use them!
A week had passed since Michael had intruded upon my dinner with Jacob. Michael was really doing a great job of making me loose respect for him. I didn’t know if it was possible for us to be in a relationship if he continued to be manipulative, indecisive and immature about everything. Maybe it was just best if we stayed friends. My anger towards him for crashing our dinner had subsided, however there were a few things I needed to make clear to Michael. Just to my luck I would see him today. Sailor was turning six years old and of course Harry and I had received and invitation. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

“How much longer do I have to hold this?” Harry whined as we made our way up to the front door of the Jackson home. I’d asked him to hold the present I’d picked out for Sailor and carefully wrapped myself. The box was a bit big but wasn’t really heavy. “Stop complaining, it’s not attractive. Besides we're almost at the front door and it’s not even heavy.” I replied while perching my sunglasses on top of my head. Harry sighed. “It’s not that it’s just pink and glittery and not exactly the manliest thing for me to be carrying. Plus it’s getting glitter on my shirt.” He replied. I chuckled. “Everyone needs some glitter in their life.” I declared as I rang the door bell

A few minutes later the door opened and we were greeted by Rowan who had Sailor in tow. “Auntie Erin! Harry!” Rowan exclaimed a smile on her pretty face. She opened the door for us to walk in. “Hey Rowie! And there’s the birthday girl!!” I exclaimed scooping them in big hugs. The girls pulled away smiling “Do you like my dress Auntie Erin?” Sailor asked twirling around for me to admire her bubble gum pink dress with a very poufy skirt. A plastic tiara sat on top of her wild curly hair. She looked just like a little princess. I smiled. “I love it. So how old are you today? Two?” I asked playfully. Sailor shook her head. “Nooo! I’m this old!!” She exclaimed holding up six little fingers. “Wow that’s pretty grown up!!” I replied.

“Happy Birthday Sail! This is for you. Please take it.” Harry urged bending down and extending the glittery wrapped present to Sailor. Her brown eyes widened as she snatched the present from his hand. As soon as she took it, Harry began dusting the glitter off his plaid shirt. “OOH glitter!!” She exclaimed. I laughed and Rowan shook her head. “What do you say Sailor?” She asked in a tone that only we big sisters are capable of using. “Thank you!!” Sailor sang. “You’re quite welcome sweetheart.” I replied. “Harry, I need your help setting up some of the games. The party’s out back Auntie Erin.” Rowan declared before pulling Harry along with her. Sailor happily followed the older children, her curls bouncing and her poufy skirt swaying from side to side. I smiled and headed to the kitchen to catch up with Brooke.

“Brooke, can we please not discuss this right now?? It’s our daughter’s birthday party for christsakes!!”I heard Michael’s voice coming from the kitchen. I was just about to walk right into the kitchen but Michael and Brooke were exchanging harsh words right now. I stood near the door frame of the kitchen, hidden from the angry couple’s view .This was pretty interesting and surprising to hear. I’d never heard Michael and Brooke argue yet alone disagree.

“You’re lucky it is. We will finish discussing this later. This conversation is not over Michael.” Brooke replied bitterly. Michael sighed.”Fine.” He replied. There’s a short silence followed by the kitchen’s back door slamming shut. I assumed it was Brooke slamming the door. I waited a minute before I finally entered the kitchen. Michael was leaning against the counter. He pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. Poor guy. Even if he was playing with my emotions and pressing my nerves he didn’t deserve any of this. “Hey.” I spoke softly breaking the silence. Michael slowly opened his eyes and set his gaze upon me. He sighed. “Hey Erin.” He replied clearly unenthused to see me.

“So, how does it feel to know your baby girl is growing up?” I asked hoping to spark conversation and lighten his mood. “It’s a bit sad to be honest but she’ll always be my baby girl. So did you enjoy dinner Saturday? Where’s your boyfriend, John?” Michael asked smugly still leaning against the counter while folding his arms across his chest. He was really pushing it .I wasn’t even going to bring up Saturday’s dinner just yet. “It’s Jake.” I corrected “And dinner was great. That is until it was crashed.” I replied just as smugly. I too folding my arms across my chest. Michael narrowed his eyes at me. “Oh please I was bringing life to your so called date. That Jared guy seems like a stiff.” He replied.

Now he was asking for it. “Jacob is not a stiff and the only thing you did was annoy us. Dates are meant for two people not three!! You barged in totally uninvited and that was a hella rude of you Michael!” I replied sharply. Michael rolled his eyes. “What is it Erin? Am I not good enough for you? We went out just a little over two weeks ago and you’re already on to the next guy?” He exclaimed. Michael had just crossed the line. He was certainly going to get it.

“I’ll dare you try to make me out as some kind of slut! I clearly remember stating that that night wasn’t a date. And you have some nerve talking!! You call yourself wanting me yet you’re not even divorced yet and you still show displays of affection to your wife!! “I shot back. By now I had moved closer to Michael. I was so close I could feel his body heat. “Keep your voice down.” Michael warned. “No I don’t want to.” I replied. Michael had really pissed me off. It seemed that almost every time I was around him he pissed me off.

“That’s very unfair of you Michael. You expect to go around and have your wife and your sister-in-law at the same time but I meet one guy that I really like and it’s a crime?? You were happy with Brooke while I stood back and watched. Why can’t I be happy for just once??” I continued to rant poking a finger in his chest. Michael sighed. He reached out and gently squeezed my arms. His touch seemed to calm me down a bit. “I only want you. I’ve told you before. How many times do you want me to say it?” He asked staring into my eyes. God, he’s so sexy when he does that. Wait, what I’m I saying?? I’m mad. Focus Erin, focus.

I pried out of his grasp. “That’s the thing Michael. I don’t want you to say it. If you want me so goddamn much then show me. I really like Jake and I’m not going to sit around and wait around for a man who’s only going to make me his second choice.” I finished firmly placing my hands on my hips. Michael stared at me with an expressionless face. Perhaps I was getting through to him.



“Now, your daughter only turns six once. Are you coming or not?”I asked whilst opening the kitchen’s back door that lead to the yard. Michael was silent as he sauntered out of the kitchen. I sure hope I gave him something to think about. I meant every word I said. I was finally getting the opportunity to be happy and I wasn’t going to miss out on it all because Michael couldn’t make up his mind.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading and please review!!!