- Text Size +

It was now Friday and there was literally no way out of this. I came home after work and sat on my bed wondering what the hell I was going to do. “Might as well get packed” I heard a voice say from the bathroom. It was Gigi and she was smiling from ear to ear. “Don’t think of this as a kidnapping, try to make the best out of it. Yea Michael is a bit of a jerk but he’s crazy about you so just have fun” she said trying to comfort me. I got up and dragged over to my closet. I took out my suitcase and packed some clothes including a bathing suit. After my bag was packed a knock came on the front door. I walked over slowly dragging my feet with every step. I opened it and saw Michael standing there, and as he saw me a big smile spread across his face. He was really looking forward to this kid napping; you could see it in his smile. “Are you ready?” He asked looking me deep into my eyes. “Uh yea just let me use the bathroom” I said letting him in as I dragged to the bathroom slowly. It wasn’t too late for me to climb out of the window was it? Coming out of the bathroom I could hear Gigi’s voice. “You look exactly the same, it’s creepy” Michael said poking Gigi’s face. She slapped his hand down playfully. “I can’t say the same about you; your voice is all deep compared to before. You use to sound like a mouse” I couldn’t believe they were acting like best friends. “I did not my voice was kind of deep” he said touching his neck. “What about you? Your glasses use to cover half of your face” he said poking her face once more. They both laughed and I stood there looking at the both of them as if they were stupid. Gigi looked over at me and stopped smiling. She knew that the last thing I wanted her to do was to get along with him. “Well then I have to go and polish a chair; you two have fun” she said quickly rushing to her office. I rolled my eyes and headed for the door. When we got into the car I quickly rested my head on the window. I didn’t even look in Michael’s direction which was pretty hard because he had his hair down which made him look hot. “Can you please stop giving me the silent treatment?” He asked breaking the silence. “Look okay I know this isn’t really the ideal way of going on a date but I just wanted to spend time with you. Let’s face it we don’t really do things the right way anyway.” I looked over at him but he focused his attention on the road. “How’s Aleli?” I asked trying to start a normal conversation. “She’s good. I don’t know if you know or not but she had a baby with Eric. The girl’s name is Mayra Yahara Rodriguez.” This made me smile from ear to ear. Her daughter’s middle name was my name. “So what do you have planned for this weekend?” I asked trying to break the silence once again. “Tonight, we’ll go out to eat at this place by the docks it’s really cool. Tomorrow is a surprise I’m not telling you about that. Sunday we’ll do what you want; it’s a lot out here to do so you’ll never get bored. Monday we’ll head back home” he looked over at me and smiled.

We arrived at the hotel and might I say wow. I knew he made money but I didn’t know he made that kind of money. The hotel was like a castle. I didn’t want him to spend too much money on me. He got our room key and we went into the elevator. It was kind of awkward but I was beginning to look forward to the weekend. When the elevator stopped at the top floor, we stepped out and walked down the long hallway. “How did you get the top floor suite?” I asked looking at the door that sat in the middle of a long empty hallway. “I did a few art pieces for the hotel. The Mural in the front and a mural in the dining hall for weddings, they’re all over. I also did a couple around the hotel so they favor me.” He opened the door and my mouth dropped to my feet. It was absolutely gorgeous and ten times bigger than my apartment. The walls were covered in brick and there was a huge fire place in the living room. “Plus the owner owes me one for taking his daughter to prom. You could only imagine how weird she was having all this money and still not being able to get a date.” I put my suitcase down and walked down the long hallways. The only problem was that every room that appeared to be a bedroom had no bed. A couple of them had couches, and others had entertainment but you could still see the print where the bed belonged. “Hey Michael, where are the bedrooms?” I asked walking back down the hallway looking for him. As I approached the master bedroom Michael was putting his bag in the closet. “There aren’t any more bedrooms? That’s odd” he said flashing me a sneaky smile. “I guess we have to sleep in the same bed, ugh what a shame” he said as his smile grew wider. I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room. “You should start getting ready for tonight” he yelled from behind as I walked to the living room. I grabbed my bag and headed back to the bedroom. “Can you leave?” I asked putting my bag down. “I guess I’ll go get ready in the other bathroom” Michael said slowly walking out. I closed the door behind him and locked it. I took a shower and curled my hair. I put on some black skinny jeans with zebra print heels. I had on a long T-Shirt that hung loosely. My accessories were a loud yellow, adding a splash of color. I stepped out and Michael waited by the door. He had on a black button up shirt with a black fedora. He had on some dark, faded jeans with some loafers. As I walked out he just stared at me for a good minute. “You ready to go” I asked a bit uncomfortable. He held his hand out for me to grab it and I walked up to the door and just stared at it. “I don’t have cooties” he said grabbing my hand. We walked down the hall way and got into the elevator. It was a bit strange holding his hand.

We got to the restaurant and the waiter sat us outside. There were only candles to light the table. The air was warm but a cool breeze would pass occasionally when needed. It was a full moon and the table looked over still water. If I was to say that it was perfect I wouldn’t do it justice. I sat at the table and looked out at the water pleased with all that Michael has done. He sat across from me and stared. I looked over at him and I smile spread across his face. “What do you think?” he asked in a soft tone. “It’s perfect” I said staring back at him. We stayed this way for a moment but when I realized how long we had been staring at each other I grabbed the menu. I chose the buffalo chicken salad and Michael chose crab cakes. “Do you want any drinks sir?” The waiter asked taking our menus. “We’ll have the peach mango Margarita” he looked over at me and smiled. “I’m going to have a red wine, no margarita” I said looking towards the waiter. He took our orders and left the table. “I like your hair like that” Michael complimented while sitting back. “You really didn’t have to do all of this Michael” I said not even paying attention to his compliment. “Yes I did” he responded quickly. “No you didn’t, I don’t feel comfortable with you spending this much money on me.” He didn’t respond immediately, he sat there and thought about it for a while. “Well I don’t know how much you think you’re worth, but you’re priceless to me.” My heart felt full from this statement. I didn’t say anything else, what more could be said? We headed back to the hotel and I remained silent. I made sure not to have too much to drink because I didn’t want a repeat of our last sleep over. Walking inside I immediately took off my heels and walked toward the bedroom. It was pretty late and I was still tired from the drive. I got my pajamas out which consisted of baggy pink pajama pants with a matching tank top. I went to the bathroom to change and when I came out Michael was already lying in bed. I walked to the other side and laid down making sure to stay far from the middle. I lay on my side facing the opposite way of Michael. As soon as I had gotten comfortable he grabbed me by the waist and dragged me to the middle. I probably should have seen it coming. He buried his head in my neck and pressed his body against mine. “Michael?” I called looking back towards him. “I’m not doing anything” he responded. I decided to let it go and I closed my eyes. Once again I began to relax when I felt his hand slowly going up the back of my shirt. My bra snapped loose and my eyes popped open. “Michael!” I yelled grabbing my bra from the front. I sat up and started hitting him. “Ouch stop” he screamed while giggling. “What happened to I’m not doing anything?” I asked snapping my bra back together. “I wasn’t doing anything at the moment” he said sitting up with me. I moved away from him but he quickly pulled me back. He leaned over to me. Putting his left hand on the other side of my body, and his lips met mine. He gave me soft peck while caressing my arm. The kisses deepened and he softly tugged on my hair which made me lay down. I pushed him back realizing what the next step would be. “What’s wrong?” He asked still hovering over me. “I don’t think that this is a good idea” I said looking up at him. “Why not?” he asked with a confused expression, he played with the bottom of my shirt while starring into my eyes. “We’re running into a dead end as usual” I said beginning to get up. “I still love you, and you still love me I don’t see the dead end in that.” He leaned in and kissed me once again. Let’s just say I didn’t get much sleep that night.