- Text Size +

The next morning I woke up to a pounding head ache. That margarita must have been stronger than I thought. I had forgotten what had happened last night until I looked over to see a shirtless Michael. I didn’t do what I thought I did. Michael looked over towards me with a sneaky smile. “You got me drunk on purpose” I said between clenched. “Oh please you were fully capable of stopping what had happened but you didn’t” He wiping his eyes and sitting up. “I wouldn’t have slept with you if it wasn’t for your concoction you mixed up in your kitchen.” My head started to pound even more and I really hated myself. I’ve never been the type to stumble around when I was drunk, but I definitely made stupid decisions. “Goodbye Michael, I’ll hate you forever” I stated getting out of his bed and heading to the bathroom holding the clothes I wore the other day. “It’s not like I forced the drink to your lips Margret” he yelled from the other side of the door. It was 7:00 and I knew I could make it if I hurried up. I came out of the bathroom and pushed Michael out of my way. I grabbed my phone out of my purse and called Brittney.

 

Me-“Hey uh can you bring some extra work clothes to the job for me, and nothing to revealing.”

 

Brittney-“Uh yea no problem”

 

Me-“Alright see you in a bit”

 

Brittney-“Ok bye”

 

I put my high heels on and as I was about to walk out Michael grabbed my arm. “Get off of me” I said in an irritated tone. “I didn’t purposely get you drunk, that was your doing” he said pulling me closer to him. “Michael I know you, and I know that you purposely got me drunk. I was just dumb enough not to notice it then but I’m nice and sober now” I said yanking my arm out of his grasp. “You can’t stay mad at me forever, I’ve done worse” he said as a smile appeared on his face. “Go to hell Michael” I said while walking out of his apartment and got into the elevator. Not only was I embarrassed for doing such a stupid thing. I hated myself for allowing it to happen. When I got to the office I was told that we had a meeting which made me want to cry. My head pounded and I couldn’t even look into the light. I had sunglasses on and my hair looked crazy from the night before. I walked into the waiting room of my office and Brittney just stared at me. “Shut up” I said while grabbing the bag of clothes she held out. I went into my office and changed into a rich red dress that fit really tight. Me and Brittney was the same size and her butt was bigger then mine so I couldn’t imagine her squeezing into it. I kept on my red pumps because they matched and I looked pretty good. Taking a brush out of my bag a thoroughly brushed the fuzz out of my hair and I finally looked presentable. The phone buzzed in and of course it was Brittney. “Are you done changing?” She asked as I sat at my desk. “Yea I just finished-“before I could thank her for the clothes she came busting in. “What the hell happened to you?” She asked sitting in the chair in front of my desk. “Ugh too much to drink” I said putting my sunglasses back on my face. “You and Mr. Jackson are more than just old friend aren’t you?” She said smiling from ear to ear. “Wants again don’t you have some work to do?” I asked putting my head down on my desk. The meeting started in 30 minutes and I figured I’d be early. When I got to the conference room Carlton was already there which irritated me already. I sat across from him and he fiddled with his fingers and began to sweat. “Hello Ms. Haul how are you today?” He asked adjusting his glasses. “I’ve seen better days” I said trying not to look anywhere where there was light. “So did you and Michael get much done on the project?” He asked trying to make conversation. “We started on it” I said trying not to lie but not tell the full truth either. People started pouring into the conference room and Ms. Bronze came in after everyone was seated. “Hello everyone, in today’s meeting we’ll be discussing the status of the company. Now I’ve been keeping an eye on all of the departments and might I say you guys are the best in the business. I could barely keep my eyes open and every time Ms. Bronze would get louder than a normal inside voice it felt like needles were sticking through my forehead. “I want everyone on the count of three to say progression” Ms Bronze said in an excited tone. “Oh shit” I thought holding the sides of my head. “One, Two Three” she counted aloud and on her fingers and while everyone else yelled progression I yelled in pain. Everyone looked over at me and even Ms. Bronze eyes glued onto me with a confused expression. “Are you ok Ms. Haul?” She asked as her expression turned from a smile into concern. “One marga two marga three margaritas” Michael said at the end of the table which sent every one into a giggle fit. It was just like high school, he’d pick on me and everyone would join in. Even Ms. Bronze giggled a bit. “Okay that’s enough let’s get back on topic” she said scolding the audience. When I got to the waiting room I looked over at Brittney and said, “I’m going to kill Michael”. She looked a bit scared as I continued to walk into my office. “Who’s Michael?” She asked following close behind. “Mr. Jackson” I said plopping down at my desk. “You’d think after all of these years he would mature but nooo. He has act like a three year old and get people drunk so that he can sleep with them. Oh but no it can’t stop there he has to play with your emotions and say how he loves you. Now I’m in my feelings over a jackass” I didn’t even realize I was babbling all of my business out until I looked up at Brittney. Her mouth was wide open and all she could do was smile. “You guys use to date?” She asked with a look of interest. “Worst, he was my first boyfriend” I said leaning back in my chair to look at the ceiling. “Soooo yesterday you um did more than the project I’m guessing” she said giggling at my complicated life. “Ugh don’t remind me, I wish he would disappear. After our last break up I was hurt but I got over it. Now that I became completely ok with the idea of never seeing him he pops up. I guess God pulls pranks every now and again. You got me good” I said looking up at the ceiling, talking to God as if he was a friend from school or something.

 

When I got home that afternoon Gigi, crossed her arms and a big smile appeared on her face. “Yoyo you slut” she said shaking her head. “I don’t want to talk about it” I said plopping down on the couch. “Oh come on, you can’t spend the night over Michaels house and not spill” she said from the kitchen while cooking something that smelled heavenly. “He got me drunk Gigi” I stated taking off my shoes and putting my feet on the coffee table. “What! Well I’m really not that surprised he’s done worst. So did you uh have fun?” She asked wiggling her eyebrows. “You’re as much of a pervert as he is. Maybe I would’ve had fun if I remembered.” I lied, I remembered as if it was two minutes ago. I just didn’t want to admit to how much I loved it. “He said that he still loves me Gigi, but now that it’s all over I don’t know if he was just saying that for well you know.” I said getting a bit sad at the thought of him not meaning it. Ugh why do I care? “Well how do you feel about him?” she asked chopping some peppers up. “I don’t know” I stated simply trying to figure it out myself. “Did he use protection?” When she asked this my heart sunk, now that part I really didn’t remember. “I don’t know” I said looking over at her a bit worried. She gave me a serious look and then at the same time we said, “naaa” then we giggled a bit. My face turned serious once more thinking of the fact that Michael was capable of doing something so stupid. Me and Gigi shared the facial expression once more and then again said, “No no he wouldn’t”. “He did try to make tea out of brown sugar and hot water” she said referring to a time in college. A terrified look came over my face and Gigi immediately tried to calm me down. “Don’t worry ok I’m sure he did just ask him, tonight” she said stirring the stew she was making. “I don’t have his number” I said thinking of something else. “But you know where he lives. Run over there really quick; ask him, it’ll be done with.” I nodded my head trying to convince myself that he wouldn’t do something that stupid but he has before. I grabbed my keys and purse and headed to the last place I wanted to be at night.