- Text Size +

“Sorry Douglas I know that it might be disappointing but back where we’re from there is no discipline for girlfriends” I quickly informed him while looking over at his wife who stared at me as if I was trash. “I guess it’s as disappointing as the ending of slavery” I added in which made Michael almost choke on his food. He laughed while nudging me with his arm which made me giggle a bit. “I’m sorry but did I offend you in any way last night?” Amelia asked a bit confused about my comment. “Well if you haven’t noticed I am partly African American, and Michael is fully African American. When you started to talk about the abolishment of slavery as if it was an inconvenience I did get a little offended.” I said this as sarcastically as possible and she just sat there speechless. I thought that she would apologize but instead she looked over at Michael and shook her head as if she was disappointed with him. “Aren’t you a rude woman? I’ve never met someone so inappropriate, maybe that’s the Negro side of you” a girl commented from across the table which made my blood boil. “What have you done?” Michael asked looking up at the girl as if he was worried about her safety. “What did you just say to me?” I asked as calm as possible. “These strawberries are delicious you should taste one” Michael said pointing to my plate. My glare remained on the girl who had made the comment. “Well no offense but you’re acting quite animal like” the girl said trying to softened the moment. “Your entire family is creepy and dysfunctional. You call me an animal but yet you’re racist medieval want to bees. You’re ignorant to anything outside of this which is sad because there’s a lot more out there than this.  Personally I can do without all of this. So you can take your fertility candles and stick them up your asses” I responded as sweetly as possible as I stood up. “I’ll be delivering your painting in two weeks” Michael added while standing up along with me. “I’ll be looking forward to it” Mr. Douglas said clearing his throat while looking down at his plate. “It was nice meeting you all, sorry I couldn’t stay and does a little dance” I sarcastically added while walking towards the entrance where our luggage awaited. “You are not a people person” Michael said while grabbing my bags. “No Michael, I’m not a creepy people person” I corrected him getting my phone out to call a cab.


“So I was thinking we can stay in this castle resort, its beautiful” Michael said as the cab left the Douglas’ abode. “I feel bad for being so rude” I quickly said feeling regret for flipping off like that while they stayed so calm. “What! No you did well. After that girl made that comment I expected you to dive over the table and stab her with your fork. You calmly cursed her out without even raising your voice, bravo” Michael applauded as I pretended to curtsy. “The thing that bothered me most is all of those boys cutting their eyes at you, even Mr. Douglas.” Michael said as a disgusted look came over his face. “I have to admit that six year old did have a mean six pack” I said this pretending as if I was fantasizing about it. “Oh you creep” Michael said while pinching my nose. “I do kind of wish I talked like them though” I said thinking of how proper they were. “What do you mean?” Michael asked a bit confused. “Oh how lovely it is to be courted by you Mr. Jackson. I find your passion quite tantalizing.” I said this in a seductive tone and Michael sat there staring at me aroused. “I don’t know what you just said but it was so sexy” his hands started to roam my thighs and I quickly waved them away. “Michael it was just an example of their dialect. Do you remember our conversation?” I asked a bit curious of why that would turn him on. “What were we talking about?” He asked biting his bottom lip in deep thought. “How I liked the way the Douglas’ spoke” I said while giggling at his lost train of thought. “Right yea that was pretty cool. If you know how to speak like that, why don’t you?” He asked this as if it was a real suggestion. “Because it’s ridiculous” I said laughing at the thought. “I double dog dare you to speak like that all day” Michael said as a smile spread across his face. “I don’t do dares” I said disappointing him greatly. “You do jinks” he said with a sneaky expression on his face. “You know you’re never good at jinks” we both said at the same time. “JINKS!” he yelled at the top of his lungs which made the driver stop. “Is there a problem?” The cab driver asked looking back at the two of us. “No I’m sorry I didn’t mean to yell” Michael apologized as the driver began to drive again. We got to the hotel and I stayed silent for as long as possible. I was embarrassed to talk that way in public. We came to the front desk and the woman spoke to me which made me a bit nervous. “Is it just the two of you?” She asked while taking Michael’s card. “Certainly” I quickly responded trying to make my answer sound as normal as possible. “Are there any requests?” She asked giving me Michael’s card. I swallowed the big lump in my throat and quickly responded. “If you would be so kind as to send extra pillows I would be eminently jubilant.” I said this between clenched teeth and Michael began to laugh. “Huh?” She responded as her professional smile turned into utter confusion. “She would like extra pillows” Michael said while snatching his credit card out of my hand. We walked into the elevator along with a bell boy and I looked at Michael with hateful eyes. He couldn’t stop laughing which made me giggle a bit. “You will rue the day” I said becoming serious once more. “It doesn’t really matter because I can barely understand you.” The bell boy giggled a bit and I quickly cut my eyes at him. I then pulled out a receipt from my purse and wrote Yahara on it. I handed to the bell boy whose face became confused. “What’s a Yahara” he asked looking up at me. “I’ve out smarted you, you whore!” I yelled at Michael snatching the paper from the bell boy. “Why did you read it out loud?” Michael asked laughing at my victory dance. “I didn’t know that you were…. I uh...I’m sorry sir” thee bell boy said a bit nervous. “Don’t be sorry, you did good kid” I said slapping him on the shoulder. “Well it was fun while it lasted” Michael said sighing as he walked out of the elevator. I walked out after him and smiled pleased with his defeat.


“So I was thinking that we’d go out tonight, after I start on the painting and all.” Michael said while looking at the picture he dipped his brush in the red paint. I sat on the bed and watched him paint Douglas’ picture. “Fine with me, I could use a night out.” I laid back and closed my eyes feeling the breeze coming into the room from the deck. “I figured I’d tell you who we’re having dinner with now so that you won’t kill me later.” Michael said turning around from his painting. I looked up at him suspiciously and asked, “Who?” A goofy smile spread across his face and he turned back around to his painting. “Uh my ex is coming. She’s doing some business here and she called me up and said she wanted us to have dinner with her and her husband.” I immediately grew suspicious for the simple fact that he didn’t tell me until now. “No” I simply responded with my eyes still shut. “What do you mean no?” He asked a bit irritated. “You didn’t tell me about it until the last second and I don’t feel like dealing with anymore controversy.” I responded still taking in the plump shape of the bed. “Don’t do this Margret; don’t act like a child.” Michael said which made my eyes pop open. “I’m acting like a child Michael?  I don’t want to have dinner with your ex; that makes me immature?” I asked sitting up. “Yes you are acting like a child. It’s not that serious so what she’s an ex big whoop. We’re not in high school anymore, those types of things don’t matter” he sighed heavily and continued to paint. I rolled my eyes and looked in the opposite direction trying to bite my tongue. I didn’t like to argue but I also didn’t want to stay silent either. “I’m sorry for saying that you’re a child. Now will you please stop being stubborn and come with me to the stupid dinner?” Michael asked turning to face me once more. “Whatever” I responded getting up from the bed and heading to the bathroom. Walking past him he grabbed my arm and pulled me into his direction. “Don’t whatever me” he said as a smile spread across his face. I rolled my eyes trying not to give him eye contact. “I’m sorry, don’t give me the silent treatment” he shook me to look at him but still I focused on the wall. “I love you Margret” he said in a soft tone. “You’re not too bad yourself” I responded as a smirk appeared on my face without me wanting it to. “That’s my girl” he squeezed my nose and continued painting. I walked towards the bathroom and began to get ready.


We sat there waiting in the restaurant for Michael ex and her husband. I stared in space feeling as if something wasn’t right. I felt a bit nauseous but Michael told me that the foreign air could be the cause of that. “Hi Michael it’s been so long” a blonde woman approached us with a smile. “It has” Michael responded while standing up to give her a hug. He tugged at my arm bringing me to my feet which irritated me a bit. “You’re girlfriend is GORGEOUS!” She said while looking me up and down before giving me a hug. I was a bit shocked at this but accepted the hug genuinely. Her husband walked around her and might I say WOW he was gorgeous. He looked to be Japanese, his eyes were intense and you could see his muscles through his shirt. He shook Michael’s hand and gave me a small hug and we sat down to eat. “What’s your name?” She asked looking over at me with interest. “Yahara” I responded as I saw her facial expression change. “Why does that ring a bell?” She asked turning towards Michael still in deep thought. “Margret” Michael simply said as he opened his menu. Her eyes widened and her excitement turned to level ten. “You’re Margret! Oh gosh do you have a reputation, that’s all Michael talked about even when we were together.” She said teasingly while turning to Michael. “Oh shut up” he said as he began to giggle a bit. I thought the moment would be awkward but surprisingly it wasn’t. “What’s your name?” I asked making sure the awkwardness wouldn’t appear. “Jessica and this is my husband Ayaka” she said still wearing her huge smile. “Ugh where is that waiter so we can get some drinks?” She asked looking around the restaurant. “Slow down Jessica we don’t want a recap of last week. She had too many drinks and began to do her version of break dancing in the middle of the restaurant” Ayaka said as we all began to laugh. “Don’t hate on my break dancing skills” she responded putting her hand in his face. Surprisingly they were really cool people. The waiter came up and took our orders and as he did I got a bad feeling as soon as I began to order a drink. “You know what I think I’m just going to have some tea” I quickly changed my order which made Michael quite suspicious. “What?” I asked looking at him as he stared back. “Since when do you turn down alcohol?” He asked with a curious expression. “I’m not in the mood to drink” I simply responded shrugging my shoulders. It wasn’t much more than me just simply not being in the mood. But I’m usually always in the mood to drink.