- Text Size +

I sat there holding my breath. I didn’t really know what to say and I didn’t know how to say it. “Uh I….um” I couldn’t form a real word. He smiled at me and began to giggle at my reaction. “Will you marry me?” He asked still playing in my hair. “Uh well I uh….what?” I asked getting two words out this time. “I asked you if” I cut him off and said nervously, “I know what you asked me but I just don’t know how to respond.” I finally got a sentence out and I sighed in relief of the cat that had my tongue. “Michael you never do anything that you’re not sure of, I can’t even get you to eat Indian food. How do we know it’ll last? Or that we’ll not get tired of each other. We fight all the time.” I stated looking in every direction trying to figure out how I felt about this. “Well first of all I’m not sure about a lot. But I’m sure that I love you, and I honestly don’t want to spend my life with anyone else. The thought irritates me. I dislike just about everybody and even with my girlfriends before they just irritated me. But with you I can’t even hate you if I wanted to. In fact I bend over backwards just to see that pleased look on your face when I’ve done something right. I respect you more than my own mother. So when you ask me if I’m sure then I have to laugh. Plus Indian food is shady have you seen their water?” He gave me a disgusted look when thinking about Indian water. I love Michael, I really do. But I didn’t really know him as a roommate. “I’ll make you a deal. Let’s live together for at least a month first, and then I’ll make my decision” I said figuring that that would be the most sensible thing to do. “You’re such a think it overer” Michael said turning away from me. “Overer isn’t a word, and that’s really not an insult” I said turning the opposite way as well. I couldn’t believe he was mad at me.


“Can you pass me the eggs?” I asked looking up from my magazine. I had cooked breakfast and when I cooked Michael had to serve it. “You sure you don’t want to think about it for a month?” He asked referring to last night. “Oh grow up Michael, I’m tired of your fit” I said getting irritated by his attitude. “I’m tired of you thinking” he said sounding extremely stupid. “I’m sorry that I’m a responsible adult that doesn’t throw tantrums every time I don’t get my way” I said, looking back down at my magazine. “I am a responsible adult” Michael stated slamming the salt down on the table. “You have a candy stash, end of discussion” I said looking up at him sharply. “Ok so since you’re gonna bring it up every argument, don’t dip into it!” He yelled digging his fork into his plate. I didn’t respond but just simply flipped the page. He got up from his seat and walked back into the room leaving his plate. I rolled my eyes and kept reading. When I finished my breakfast I went to the bedroom to start putting my stuff away. I sighed looking at the big pile and walked to it slowly. I started with make-up putting it in the bathroom cupboard. Michael sat on the bed and drew a picture. I moved on to my clothes and started hanging them up in the closet space Michael gave me. The silence was killing me and I could barely take it. I figured I’d be the one to apologize seeing as the he put his heart on his sleeve last night and I shot him down. “I’m sorry Michael” I said as he looked up at me in shock. “Did you just apologize for something?” He asked looking as if it was such a shocker. “I apologize all the time!” I yelled offended at his reaction. “Yea, all the time” he responded sarcastically as a side grin appeared on his face. “Ugh whatever” I said turning around as I grew irritated. “I’m just kidding Margret, don’t be mad at me” Michael said putting his sketch pad down and coming over. I kept hanging clothes not realizing how close he was behind me. I turned around to reach for another hanger and jumped when his face was inches away. “We should make up” he said with a sneaky smile. I rolled my eyes and turned back towards the closet. “We already did Michael, I apologized” I said grabbing a loose hanger and putting it into my shirt. It wasn’t that I didn’t like sleeping with Michael, it’s just that we did it like every other day. “I don’t mean verbally Margret” he said in a low seductive voice which made my body tingle. “Michael let me finish putting my stuff away” I said trying to pretend like what he was doing wasn’t working. “Or you could stop now and pick it up later” he said tugging at the end of my shirt. “I’ll be too tired later I’m doing it now” I said swatting at his hands. “Don’t make me do this Margret” he said as his grasp became tighter. I smiled and pretended like I didn’t notice it and kept hanging clothes. H stepped in front of me and picked me up and rested me on his shoulder. “Michael put me down!” I screamed in between laughs. He sat me on the bed and rested his arms on both sides. His face was inches away and he stared down at me still wearing his smirk. “I don’t want to wait” he stated looking me dead in the eyes. I stared back at him curiously. “Well you’re gonna have to wait” I said tugging on his hair which I shouldn’t have done because he loved it. “You’re being stubborn. Now we both know how this is gonna go. We’ll disagree for a while but then you’ll eventually give in because you want it just as bad as I do. So how about we just skip all of that” he softly pushed me to lie down when saying this and bit his bottom lip as he scanned my body. “Why can’t I resist your charm?” I asked sarcastically looking up at him. “I ask myself that question everyday” he said looking up as if he was thinking about it. “After I’m done with my clothes, we can continue” I said trying to get up. He blocked me and pushed me back down with his hand. He started to come closer to me and I started crawling backwards teasing him horribly. He hovered over me and leaned in for a kiss but I turned my head just as his lips were about to touch mine. He ended up kissing me on the cheek and sighed in irritation. “Thank you” I simply said jokingly. I wanted to see his reaction and for some reason I was turned on by his anger. “Don’t tease me Margret” he stated as the smirk left his face. “What do you mean?” I asked as if I was stupid. He started to unbutton my pants and I quickly sat all the way up making it more difficult. He gave me a confused expression and then roughly pulled me back down by the waist of my pants. This shocked me in a way because he never was forceful with me. “What are you doing?” He asked suspiciously still hovering over me. “Nothing” I replied giggling a bit. He started to kiss me softly and then it immediately deepens. He was kissing me as if he was looking for something and I could hardly breathe. The few puffs of air weren’t enough to last me one more second. I pulled away turning my head to the side, catching my breath. He quickly pulled my chin back in his direction and continued our tongue war. He then started to unbutton my pants and pulled down on them. I didn’t know if he had drunk a red bull but he was definitely a lot rougher than usual. I pulled away once more, and he groaned in frustration. “Damn it Margret what!” He asked looking in my eyes, waiting for a response. “Are you ok?” I asked looking up at him a bit in shock. He shook off my question and began to kiss me again. At this rate I’d be exhausted before we could even get to the undressing. But in a strange way I REALLY liked it.


The clock read 5:00 by the time we were finished. Might I remind you that we began at 12:00? I had no energy left what so ever. Michael kissed me softly on the neck as I laid there drenched in sweat. My eyes started to feel lazy and so I fell asleep. When I woke up the clock read 8:00. Michael hovered over me and watched me as I slept, again. “How many times do I have to say that that’s creepy” I said looking up at him with heavy eyes. “I don’t care” he whispered kissing me on the lips. “That was great and all but don’t ever do that again. That was a onetime thing” I said referring to how long we had gone. He started to giggle and then laid his head into my neck. The next morning I woke up to Michael shaking me. “What!” I yelled irritated by him. “Uh I was wondering if hypothetically I wanted to eat some cheese, but half of it is covered in mold can’t I just eat the other end?” He asked as if this was a normal question. “Michael, don’t eat that cheese” I said in a serious to as I turned the opposite way. “It’s just hypothetical. So if I did eat it, it won’t kill me or anything right?” He asked shaking me once more. I felt for his face and squished his cheeks together as I turned to face him. I pulled his face closer to mine and responded in a cold tone. “Michael, if you eat that cheese you’ll get sick. I’m not taking care of you and I’m not taking you to the hospital. Don’t eat the damn cheese” I let go off his face and I could still see the red prints where my fingers were. “It was a hypothetic question” he said leaving the room. I could hear the trash can top go up as he threw away the cheese.


I got up and took a shower. When I got out I put on my work clothes and began to leave out. “Michael come on I don’t have all day!” I yelled into the apartment. Michael emerged in the hallway as he slowly walked towards me. “Someone’s grumpy today” he said walking out of the apartment. “I’m not grumpy I’m tired” I stated going towards the elevator. I wasn’t sleep deprived tired. But I felt as if I had worked out the night before, which I kind of had. When we got to work I could since something was wrong. It wasn’t something between me and Michael, but everyone around me looked at me as if they had sympathy. When I got to the waiting room Brittney was packing her things. “Wait what are you doing?” I asked confused and a bit scared. “Look I quit okay, and don’t tell me I shouldn’t have because it’s not gonna work. If you go I go” she stated which made me even more confused. “Wait what do you mean if I go?” I asked as my heart began to sink. “Ms. Bronze is replacing you with someone more qualified, aka one of her friends. She didn’t tell you? She informed me on Friday” my mouth literally dropped. Just to make the moment even more awkward Ms.Bronze walked in at that moment. “Hello Ms. Haul we need to talk” she said as kind as possible but still the flame inside me grew. “Don’t bother, I’ve been informed” I said looking back at her. “I’m sorry it didn’t work out, I’d be happy to give you a recommendation if needed” she simply said before walking out. “Are you gonna mention on that letter of recommendations all of the forged statement print outs you made regarding the products? How half of them weren’t even approved by the lab before you sent them out.” I said which made her stop dead in her tracks. She spun around but this time the kind professional woman was gone. “Either leave willingly or I’ll call security. You should behave as a young lady and just leave willingly. But then again you are screwing the director of advertisements, and that isn’t really lady like is it?” When she said this Brittney’s mouth flew open in shock. I simply smiled to myself thinking of how wrong she was about how she addressed me and Michael’s relationship. “Well now that we’re out of our professional bubbles maybe I should mention that you’re just jealous. Jealous that you’re a freakin model and still no man wants you, not even Carlton who is the biggest tool in the office. On that note, good day mam” I said while walking to my office to get my things. I couldn’t believe I got fired, I never get fired.


Walking out into the main hallway everyone stood and watched as I made my way to the elevator. “We’re gonna miss you” a woman said from her cubicle and everyone agreed. I barely talked to these people but apparently I did something to brighten their day. Getting on the elevator Michael stopped it and climbed in with a box of his stuff. We looked over at each other and began to laugh. “Oh gosh what did you do?” I askedadjusting my box so that it wouldn’t feel but so heavy. “I just sprinkled her with a little paint. It was coincidentally after she told me she fired you but I didn’t do it on purpose.” He said sarcastically looking over at me. I stopped laughing and started thinking realistically. “I know that you’ll be fine but what am I gonna do? I can’t look for an apartment now with no job. Or even buy the things that I need like food. This certainly wasn’t a good time to lose a job.” I looked down at my box and started to think to myself. “What are you talking about? I don’t want you working anyways plus I have a plan.” Michael said as a smile stretched across his face. “What’s your big plan?” I asked a bit concerned about what he would say. “From what I know you’ve never left the country, right?” He asked in a playful way. “Yea” I said unsure of what he would say next. “So let’s consider this mishap a time for a vacation” he said getting out of the elevator. “Michael, we got fired. Shouldn’t we be saving money?” I asked trying to bring him back to earth. “Margret, honey, I’m not on a budget. It’s good thought that you have this idea of how much money I have I like that” he said while going to the car. “I should know how much money you have.” I said getting into the driver’s seat. “Anyways, I have this guy in London who wants me to do a painting for his house. He lives in like a castle, so you could only imagine how much he would pay me. So I started thinking, what if me and you just traveled for a while? That would be great right?” He asked looking over at me excitedly. “Uh yea it would be absolutely wonderful, but I need to find a job.” I stated starting the car. “Shut up about the job thing. Just say yes and we’ll get packed tomorrow” he said waiting for my response. I didn’t really know how to digest this. Michael always sprung up with the most outrageous ideas and unfortunately wanted me to tag along. His facial expression became less happy with the silence, and he eventually turned his head towards the window. I could tell that he was sad which I didn’t like. “How can I say no to Europe” I said out loud regretting every word. He turned to me quickly and his smile got so big I thought that it would hurt. I figured there couldn’t be any more drama then what had already been going on lately. Boy was I wrong.