- Text Size +

“I’ve been thinking about something”, Michael said while playing in my hair. It was late and I had spent the night. Michael and I had been fine for a month now. Other than the occasional argument which happened every few minutes because he was a jack ass. “Why don’t you just move in?” He suggested getting my full attention. I looked over at him and we stared at each other for an awkward minute. “Uh Michael don’t you think it’s a bit soon to ask me to move in with you?” I asked trying to be the realistic one. “We’ve been together for a month now, not adding up all the other years we’ve been together before. Plus I hate to see you leave, and who knows maybe we can get our life started together.” When he said this, my heart started to beat faster. I wasn’t really sure what he was trying to say but I had a pretty good idea. “What are you trying to say?” I asked kind of scared of the response. He didn’t give me eye contact which told me that he was nervous. “I don’t know I guess I’m trying to say move in with me” he said flashing me a smile. “I’ll think about it” I stated turning my attention back to the ceiling. “That means yes in girl” Michael said giggling a bit. “No it doesn’t it means that I will think about it.” I quickly said cutting my eyes at him.


I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. I looked for Michael but he was nowhere in sight. “Michael!” I yelled curiously as I began to get out of bed. I didn’t like spending the night over his house because someone always knocked on the door. It was for the same things; borrowing appliances, food, or just to talk to him. I walked to the living room to find my stuff packed witting in the middle of the floor. All of my stuff, everything I owned piled up. “What the Fu-““Funny story, I swear your gonna laugh. Last night I was thinking why wait until what a month, two months for you to finish thinking. Why not save you the trouble and move your stuff in while you’re sleeping. But when I got over there, there were like twenty ninjas saying that they were coming for Gigi. Knowing the loving brave man I am, I decided to do what was best and defend her, but I was no match for them. So I pleaded for them to at least let me take your stuff and surprisingly they let me. So you should thank me really.” Michael said coming from the kitchen. I stared at my stuff in shock, and then looked over at him. I didn’t speak for a while I just sat there thinking of ways to deal with this. “Not only am I gonna move my stuff back. But when I get back, I’m going to kill you literally. So don’t be here when I get back” I stated coldly while grabbing my cell phone to call a moving company. He ran over and grabbed the cell phone out of my hand. “Ok ok there were no ninjas but I’m not lying about having to take your stuff. Last night your phone rang and I answered it. It was Gigi and she said that they found asbestos in the basement. So I went and got your stuff, then I took Gigi to her boyfriend’s house.” I still didn’t believe him so I called Gigi and she confirmed. God is a real comedian lately. “So I get to have you all to myself” Michael said with a pleased look. “Until I can find another place, this is temporary” I finished his sentence while walking back to the bedroom. “Guess who’s coming to visit?” Michael asked following me to the bedroom. “Who?” I asked getting my slippers on. “Bec” Michael said while sitting on the bed next to me. Bec was Michael’s little sister and I hadn’t seen her since high school. She was 8 years old the last time I saw her, so she should be 18 years old now. “Wow I can’t even imagine what she looks like now” I said trying to picture it. “Grown, she’s definitely not my little Bec anymore.” Michael said as if he was in deep thought. Bec meant a lot to Michael, she was like his daughter seeing as though they barely had parents. “When is she coming?” I asked bringing him back to reality. “In about two weeks just to see the city and what not. I’m letting her splurge for the entire trip, she deserves it” Michael said while picking at his nails. “So where is she gonna sleep?” I asked knowing that it wouldn’t be the couch. “The guest room” he stated simply as if I was stupid. “So why am I not staying in there while I’m staying here?” I asked looking around for it as if it would be connected to the bedroom. “What do I look like having my girlfriend sleep in a separate room? Besides if I’m in the mood I can just reach over, it’s less complicated.” He reached his arm out pulling me to him. “Yea I figured that’s all I’m here for” I said hitting him in the stomach. “Shut up” he said giving me a kiss. I tried to pull back but he wrapped his arms around me shaking his head no, which made me giggle. “My lips hurt” I said turning my head away after about five minutes. He grabbed my chin with one hand bringing it back to his face. We kissed for a while and I yanked my head up looking towards the ceiling. “I can’t breathe” I said as he laughed at my action. “You’re too cute” he said getting up and heading to the bathroom. “Were you trying to choke me with your tongue” I asked trying to catch my breath. “Don’t give me any ideas” he said smiling back at me.


It was Saturday and there really wasn’t much to do. I sat on the couch and looked on the laptop for anything to keep us entertained. “What about ice skating?” I suggested turning to Michael. “Too cold” he quickly responded shaking his head. “Uh what about a movie?” I asked trying to look at what was playing. “Ok only if it’s a scary movie” he said with a sneaky grin. “No Michael you know how I hate scary movies” I said still looking for a movie. “Come on Margret I’m in the mood to see a scary movie.” He grabbed the laptop out of my hand and looked at the options. His face lit up and he turned to me with a smile. “Let’s go see Insidious” he said in a low raspy voice. “No it looks really scary” I said grabbing the laptop back. “Let’s see what Gigi is doing with her boyfriend she wanted us to pair up eventually.” I got up and headed to get my phone. When I reached the phone Michael grabbed it and put it behind his back. “Stop acting like a three year old!” I yelled trying to get the phone back. “You know I love Gigi but her boyfriend’s a loser and their friends aren’t like us I hate them.” He kept the phone behind his back and I punched him in the stomach. “Michael the reason you don’t like them is because they’re realistic adults.” I said watching his reaction after my hit. “No, the reason I don’t like them is because they’re all in each other’s faces and finishing each other’s sentences it’s sickening.” He said making a disgusted face. “It’s not their faults Michael they are in a normal relationship, something we’ve never had.” I said still trying to get the phone. “No that is fake and you know it. When they get home they probably don’t even sit next to each other. Plus, what we have is real it doesn’t get any better than this.” I finally grabbed the phone pushing him away. “That’s a scary thought” I said before dialing Gigi’s number.


Me-“Hey Gigi!”


Gigi-“Hey Yoyo! What’s up?”


Me-“Just seeing what you’re doing later maybe we can double date”


Gigi-“Yea that’s perfect you guys can come over here and we’ll play games and eat food it’ll be perfect!”


Me-“That sounds great, what time?”


Gigi-“around seven is fine”


Me-“Ok bye!


Gigi-“K”


I hung up the phone and Michael rolled his eyes and walked away. “You owe me” Michael said giving me a dirty look. “Oh boohoo makes sure you’re on your best behavior.” I said as I began to get ready. I couldn’t really find anything so I just put on some jean shorts and a turquoise tank top with Greek sandals. Michael wore his usual look black skinny jeans with chucks and a button up shirt, complimented by a fedora hat. When we arrived Gigi’s friend Crystal answered the door. “Yahara! It’s been a while” she said giving me a hug. I walked in and saw a group of couples; it was just about five or so. “Alright everybody we’re gonna play a few couples games!” When one of Gigi’s others friends yelled this Michael gave me an irritated look and sat down on the couch. “Ok so first we’re gonna test how well you know your partner, I’ll hand out the flash cards with questions and your partner will right the answer on their card. If they match you get a point, but if they don’t you get a point taken.” Gigi said while handing out the flashcards. Mine had what your favorite song was, and I guess you had to put the answer under it. When Michael looked at the card he didn’t really react but just simply put it on the table. “Ok John what’s my favorite song?” Crystal asked with a big smile. John’s face was scrunched up as if he didn’t remember. “Uh Benny and the Jets by Elton John he said and at this her face dropped and everyone knew he was wrong. None of the guys got it right and when it came to me and Michael he smiled and looked up at me. “Your favorite song is My All by Mariah Carey” I was a bit shocked that he had got it right and so was the other couples. “What’s my pet peeve?” Gigi asked her boyfriend and he began to think about it. “Hairy people” he said looking up at her trying to see if it was right. “No it’s strange smells” she said hitting him with the paper. When it got to Michael they were sure he was going to get it wrong because it was a pretty hard question. “You have four pet peeves actually. Um sweaty people, ugly laughs, slow talkers, and waiting in a long line” I figured my card with the answer was see through because he got it right. “No way!” Gigi yelled grabbing my card. “Michael you are smooth” she said looking up at him with a smile. He shrugged his shoulders and sat back as if he saw nothing of it.


“So I walked into the office, and the woman taps me on the shoulder and she asks is this the Yacht company and I say well unless we’re an insurance company for the titanic I don’t see any other reason we’d have that big boat on our logo.” Gigi’s boyfriend Nick said while everyone else started to laugh. Michael looked over at me clenching his jaw and when they looked his way he pointed and laughed as if he had been laughing the entire time. When they looked away his face went back serious and he sighed as if he wanted to be saved. It was around nine and I figured we could still catch the movie. “Well it was nice seeing you guys but me and Michael have to go” I announced as everyone turned their attention on me. “Oh ok Thanks for coming” Gigi said moving through everybody. I gave her a hug and so did Michael. “Thank you” Michael said grabbing my hand. “Why did you decide to leave so early?” he asked looking over at me. “We have a scary movie to go see” I announced pulling my phone out to see when the next show would be. “I love you so much, you’re like the best girlfriend ever” Michael said getting excited about the movie. “No you’ve won the best boyfriend award tonight during that game” I said looking up from my phone. “You got all of the questions right too” Michael said brushing it off as if it was nothing. “Yea but I’m a girl I’m expected to know that stuff but I don’t know it kind of shocked me. I didn’t know you were so observant” I found a show for ten o’clock and we headed out.


“Oh no oh no oh no” I yelled into Michael’s shoulder as the movie played. He giggled the entire time but I was deathly afraid. Whenever there was a scary part Michael would just flinch but I would scream to the top of my lungs. We were basically the only ones there so it didn’t really disturb anyone. When the movie was over I was traumatized. Michael pried my eyes open for half the movie and the other half I was hiding in his shoulder. A storm started to roll in and my heart sunk. I was scared enough that lightning didn’t have to strike down, and thunder didn’t have to explode. “You know I’ve been thinking maybe you’re right you can sleep in the guest room” Michael said heading to his bedroom. “No no no no I’m sleeping with you” I said running towards his room. “Are you sure? It does seem a little inappropriate for us to sleep in the same bed. You should go” he said pushing me towards the door. “No Michael stop I don’t want to sleep in the other room stop playing!” I yelled hitting him. “You’re scared like a little kid” he said turning around and taking off his button up. I took my pants off and put some sweat pants on with one of Michaels T shirts. I stole them often because they were comfortable. The lightning struck and I jumped. I’m usually not scared of lightning but after that movie I was scared of everything. I lay down and snuggled up to Michael as close as possible. “I should take you to scary movies more often.” He said wrapping his arm around me. “I’m not gonna lie I had fun today laughing at Gigi’s friends.” I began to giggle thinking of how corny they were. “I had a lot of fun today too” I said pulling the covers up on my shoulder. “I’ve been thinking about us and how well we’re doing. Do you think we’re ready to take the next step?” He asked getting closer to my face. I could feel his breathe on my face. “What do you mean?” I asked getting a bit confused. “Well I love you a lot and obviously you love me. I want to marry you.”