- Text Size +
It had been 1 month since Danni and Michael hit it off. They had been calling each other everyday. Sometimes Danni would end early because Darwin was just getting in or just hang up and lie and say she lost connection. Michael thought something was funny about that but he didn't seem to mind so much. They finally arranged for a first date.

"What should I say?" Michael asked. His brothers wee all gathered around him giving him tips. "Just be yourself and say hi like you always do." Tito said. " I think she likes you more for yourself than anything else." And Take a piece of gum and put it on your tongue so your breath doesn't stink." Randy said handing him a stick. "What do you know about dating?" Michael asked. "The question is what do you know about dating?" Randy retorted. "Whatever." Michael muttered. "Just be yourself and relax." Marlon told him.

"What should I do with my hair?!?" Danni asked."Calm down D, I've got you covered". "I think romantic wavelets would be right for the occasion." "Oh I don't know what I'd do without you." Danni said. " Do you think he'll like my new dress?" "Girl, you are gonna run my blood pressure up if you don't get some self confidence." Teena said. "Just relax and be yourself!"

So far there first date had gone pretty smoothly. There was no mishaps and no accidents. Michael felt great but Danni felt like she was a backstabber. "I really had a great time." Danni said. They were now going for a moonlight stroll. "Me too." Michael replied. Danni was dressed to kill and so was Michael. They had tried their best to impress each other. Danni didn't want to break Michael's heart. He was way too sweet and sensitive.This was one of the hardest decisions she ever had to make. Is this what feeling gets? "Danni," Michael said shattering her thoughts. "Did you buy a new dress just for me?" "What?" Danni said. "How did he know?" She mentally asked herself. "Of course not!" Danni replied. "This old thing?" "Please!, This is just a little something I threw on." She said trying to sound seducing and hard to get. "Well you must have never worn it because your price tag is still on." Michael replied. "Damn." Danni muttered. " I guess I like you so much I was trying too hard too impress you." Here." "Let me help You." Michael said grabbing the price tag. He had to move her hair out of the way. While trying to remove the price tag he saw a bruise on her back. "Danni, what happened to your back?!?!?" Michael asked not trying to hide the concern in his voice. "Oh no!" Danni thought. "Oh, anything could have happened." Danni replied. "I'm such a klutz myself." "My feet are all thumbs." "Let's not worry about the price tag now." "I'll take it off when I get home" "Okay.." Michael said. " Anyway when should we do this again?" "Well I'm busy all next week but how about the week after that?" He asked. "Just a causal date, you know nothing fancy." "Like having a nice dinner at your place or, mine?" "Sure." "How about your place?" Danni suggested. " I'm a terrible cook." Michael admitted. "One time when I was babysitting my nephews they asked me to bake them some cookies." " It was straight out of the package so I agreed." "But about 10 minuets later the cookies caught on fire because I forgot to remove the wrapping." He hung his head in a humble and cute way. Danni giggled. "Well I'd love to do it at my place but it is under some big renovations right now." She lied. "Why didn't I just tell the truth?" She mentally asked herself. " Well we could always do that another time." Michael said. "I know this great place to go dancing and a nice place for a picnic afterwards." "Sounds great and maybe we could have a nice dinner at your place and I could come over and do the cooking at another time." "Sounds wonderful." Michael replied. " Almost as wonderful as you." He added stepping closer almost as if he wanted to kiss her, and he did. This had been the whole part of the date she was strangely dreading. She wanted Michael to kiss her but what if a kiss lead to a lot more? She felt like such a coward. "I had a really great time." She said. "so did I." Michael said giving her a passion fueled stare deep in her silver eyes. Danni had no way of stopping him now. He leaned down slightly and took control, kissing her passionately on the lips and grabbing her waist, felling her figure with his big hands. Danni was really enjoying it despite the fact that she slightly panicked about how low his hands were. (practically touching her butt.) But anyone who knew Michael knew his hands were always low whenever he hugged a girl. She thought she enjoyed it a little too much because she had to physically stop her self from going any further; and her foot popped."Thanks for the great time Michael." She said after catching her breath. "You don't know what it meant to me." she said rubbing his chest. "Do you want a ride home?" He asked. " I'd love one but I think it's best that I walk." I can't let you do that." He said. "Michael please." Danni said sounding sad as she took herself from Michael's arms " As you wish." He said. He stole in one more kiss. "Good night Danni." "Goodnight Michael." Danni said trying hard to fight back tears as he walked away. She felt like a mother sending her child away to war. She didn't know whether she would see Michael ever again; which is why she cried all the way home.


It was midnight by the time Danni got home. And Darwin was there again. "Where you been girl?" He asked as he usually did. " Do I really have to keep answering you?!!?" Danni replied. "Where does it look like I've been?" "Besides, I don't even owe you an answer!" "This is my home and I come in whenever I want to!" " Who you think you talking to?!" Darwin asked his tone getting angry. It felt good to stand up to Darwin for a change. " You don't even deserve to be here!" "I pay the bills!" "Girl you better shut your mouth!" Darwin said moving closer and grabbing her arm. " Darwin, let me go." She said using a firm voice as his fingers got tighter. But she couldn't stop him now because his fist was already coming toward her eye. The punch totally took the wind out of Danni's system. Before she knew it she crashing to the ground and could hardly see out of her left eye. "That will teach you to choose your words carefully next time!!" Darwin screamed getting in her face. "Now get in the bedroom!" "No!" Danni screamed as she balled her body in a ball trying to keep herself safe somehow. She could not believe that she had put up with this, It made her sick. This is why she decided she had to see Michael again.