- Text Size +
I just don't know what to do! Michael admitted to his mother. He had taken a long drive to his mother's house just to talk to her about his feelings. Kathrine understood where her seventh born was coming from. She did have nine kids. Well who mostly takes care of Layla? She asked. Annemarie. He replied. That's the answer to your question. You need to give a little more and you'll get more. Take more time for the baby and maybe you'll get more from Annemarie. Michael had been talking with his mother since the crack of dawn and finally felt like there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Speaking of those two I should be going now. They usually get up around this time but I want to surprise them. Well good luck! Kathrine said hugging her son tightly.

To Michael's luck, both Annemarie and Layla were still asleep. He decided to do his wife a favor by making breakfast and having Layla's formula ready. He opened the refrigerator and decided to make eggs. This was going to be tough considering Michael had never picked up a spatula for cooking purposes.

When Annemarie got up she was so surprised. Michael had made breakfast( It wasn't perfect, The eggs were burnt) and Layla's formula was already ready. She almost dropped the baby when she saw Michael sitting at the table with a big grin on his face waiting for her; something he hadn't done in a while. Well good morning Papa Bear. She said smiling back at him. For the first time in a while she had the same reaction to his smile as she did when they first met: her heart skipped a beat. Good morning Mama Bear. He replied. Have a seat. Annemarie, still in shock took her seat. She reached for Layla's formula but a soft touch stopped her. I'll do it. Michael insisted. Relax and eat your breakfast. Annemarie was now getting a little frightened. This is really sweet Michael but I can't eat this. It's okay. He said. He scooped Layla in his arms and began to feed her. He looked at her like he did when she was just born; as if she were the most beautiful thing in all creation. It really softened her heart but she was still on to something. Shouldn't you be getting ready for work? Annemarie asked her husband. No. I asked Q for the day off. He replied and then coughed a loud, abnormal cough. Is it because you were sick? No he said coughing again not really realizing he was coughing. I just wanted to spend time with you Annemarie was now totally convinced that something was going on. Okay Michael Joseph, What's going on?!?! She asked standing tall with her hands on her hips. Despite being sleep deprived she still looked beautiful. Nothing he said coughing a again this time handing her the baby so he could go spit cole in the sink. Michael Let me see you for a minute. Annemarie said placing Layla in the play pin. She grabbed his face and placed a hand on his face. Just what I thought you've got a fever. I don't want you getting the baby sick so you need to rest. But I'm fine really. Michael protested. You are not. A mother knows. Said Annemarie. You're not my mother. You're my wife. Michael said and I would like to spend some time with you. He wrapped his arms around her waist. Now she couldn't say no. It was always Michael's sweetness that lured her into things. Particularly the bed. Okay Michael. she said giving up. But in a way she was happy to surrender because this is what she had been waiting on. Well, Where should we start? she asked. I know the perfect place. Michael said smiling.


It had been an enjoyable day for the couple. They spent the whole day together and it seemed as if they had no interruptions. Annemarie was still tired so she took a long nap. When she woke up she heard crying and it was past 10. She got up and went down stairs to the nursery. she had no idea where Michael was. instead of calling for him she peeked her head in the door of the nursery. Michael was sitting in the big rocking chair. Don't cry. He said trying to comfort the irritated infant. Annemarie was not going to let Michael see her. She wanted to see how he worked his magic. The crying continued until Michael began to sing.

All alone, wishing on stars
Waiting for you to find me.
One sweet night I knew I would see
a stranger who'd be my friend.
When someone in the dark reaches out to you
And touches off a spark that comes shinning through
It tells you never be afraid.
Then somewhere in your heart you can fell a glow
a light to keep you warm when the night winds blow.
Like it was written in the stars I knew
My friend, my someone in the dark was you.

Promise me we'll always be
walking the world together.
Hand in hand where dreams never end
my star secret friend and me.
When someone in the dark reaches out to you
And touches off a spark that comes shinning through
It tells you never be afraid.
Then somewhere in your heart you can fell a glow
a light to keep you warm when the night winds blow.
Look for the rainbow in the sky
Oh I believe you and I
could ever really say goodbye.
Where ever you may be I'll look up and see
Someone in the dark for me.
Where ever you may be I'll look up and see
Someone in the dark for me.

Layla was already sound asleep when Michael finished singing. Annemarie had tears in her eyes. The moment was touching and priceless something money couldn't by.
Michael finally Placed her in the crib giving her a kiss on the forehead. I love you. He whispered. Annemarie finally stepped foot in the nursery. Michael won't you come to bed? She asked trying to hide her tears. You're such an amazing father and husband. You deserve to rest. What's wrong? Michael asked seeing her tears. You're everything I ever hoped and prayed for. When I was a teenager I always prayed God would send me a great husband. And he did. I've got everything I could ever imagine. Michael walked over to his wife and gave her a loving embrace. I fell the same way. He said. And he really meant it.