- Text Size +

Lifting his shirt up I saw glass stuck in his side. It was absolutely disgusting but I tried to keep calm. “What happened?” I asked looking up at him in concern. He didn’t answer; he just stared at me with intense eyes that showed pain. “Do you want me to take it out?” I asked trying to help in any way possible. “Well I figured you were really smart and you might be able to help” he finally spoke shifting his weight to be more comfortable. I got eyebrow tweezers out of the bathroom and a towel. I also had cotton swabs alcohol and a nail clipper for the bigger pieces. It was small pieces of glass but it was a lot of them. “Just try to relax” I said picking up the eyebrow tweezers, he looked down at his stomach as I took the first piece out. I probably flinched more than he did. Taking it out I could see his jaw clinching in pain but he didn’t make a noise, or scrunch up his face. After I took out a few more pieces I started to get the hang of it causing less pain than before. “Last piece” I said taking the nail clipper for the biggest piece. I knew that no matter what technique I used it would hurt him so I just did it quickly. “Sssssss” he hissed in pain between clenched teeth. I put it on the napkin and put some alcohol on a napkin. “No” he said pushing the napkin away. “Michael I have to clean it, just try to think about something else” I said grabbing his hand. He immediately stared into my eyes and I quickly put it over his scars. His jaw started to clench even more intensely, his eyes never left mine and it seemed as if he was holding back a tear. I finished cleaning it and put a big band aid over it. “All done” I said getting up and throwing away all of the bloody tissue and cotton swabs. “I hate you right now” he said holding the spot I had just tortured with alcohol. “If that was the case you wouldn’t have come” I said while sitting beside him on my bed. “You’re the best” he said sitting up and adjusting his position to face me. “I know, but I would be even better if you told me what happened.” He owed me an explanation for what I had just cleaned up. “I don’t want to think about it” he said as he moved closer to me until we were inches away from each other’s faces. “I’m not going to talk to you until you tell me what happened.” I demanded starting the silent treatment after that statement. “That’s not gonna work Margret” he stated putting his hand in my hair. He started to massage my head while playing in my hair which felt really good. I shrugged my shoulders and stared off into space. He moved his hand down to my leg and it rested there. “My mother’s boyfriend came to the house drunk, and he got violent. I don’t want to talk about it” he said as my attention went back to him. I figured that’s why I haven’t met his mother yet, he was probably ashamed. “I’m sorry” I said giving him a hug which caught him off guard. “You didn’t do anything” he said pulling back from me. “I know but I wanted to make you feel better” his face showed lust and his eyes darkened. “Well there is a way you could make me feel better” he bit his bottom lip and scanned my body with his eyes. I had on a pretty fitting pajama set, with light orange pants and a matching tank top with a monkey on it. “Think of something else” I said putting my legs to my chest. He giggled and pulled me by my arm to get closer to him. This broke my sitting position and put me in a position with me slightly sitting up in his lap. “No I would rather do the first idea”, he said with a smirk on his face. “Well that’s not gonna happen” I stated trying to sit up but there was no use. He was stronger than me and had a grip that I couldn’t get out of. “Don’t you wanna take the pain away?” He asked picking me up and putting me on his lap as if I was as light as a feather. “You didn’t even ask me what I wanted to do, you’re just assuming” he accused me putting his hand around my waist. “What do you want to do Michael?” I asked in my corny sexy voice, playing around. “Don’t tempt me Margret” he said playing with the bottom of my shirt with his free hand. Before I could say anything his lips met mine and it started out with tongue. He wasted no time laying me on the bed and climbing on top of me. “Michael what are you doing?” I asked slightly pushing him back so that I could speak. He leaned over the side of the bed and turned the lights out. When he was hovering over me again he said in a low voice, “you’ll see” and he started to kiss me once more. He placed himself between my legs and started to caress my thigh with his right hand. I honestly didn’t want it to stop but I knew it would have to. “Michael watch yourself” I said pushing him back once more. A smirk appeared on his face as he slid his body down until he was at I level with my stomach. He kissed it softly and occasionally he would play with my belly button using his tongue. This sent me into heat waves, and the tingling was unbearable. He slid back up and started to kiss me passionately, which I loved. The moment was perfect until I felt his hand pulling my shorts down. I quickly squeezed his wound and his body clenched up. “Aaahhh-“I cut him off covering his mouth with my hand so that my father wouldn’t here. He still screamed under my hand, and I could feel his hot breath making it moist. “Did you really think you could climb in my window and get lucky?” I asked pretty pissed. “You’re a monster” he said holding his side. He looked up at me and a smile broke through his painful facial expression. “In a weird way that turns me on” he said looking down at me as he hovered. I pushed him off disgusted saying, “you’re a creep” and I faced the opposite way. I went to sleep and so did Michael.


The next morning I woke up and Michael was gone. I figured he went home early in the morning or something. I took a shower, got on my clothes, and headed downstairs. My father was making pity breakfast which was the best. He cooked eggs, bacon, pancakes, sausage, toast, waffles, and oatmeal. He put my plate in front of me and gave me a big smile. “So how serious is this relationship between you and Michael?” He asked curiously. “I don’t know, pretty serious I guess” I answered unsure of what he was getting at. “So if it’s so serious why haven’t I met him?” He asked taking a bite of his eggs. “I could ask you the same thing dad” I responded teasingly. “Just don’t fall too easily. I just hope that you take what I’ve taught you in account. You haven’t gotten you know?” The conversation began to get awkward and I didn’t want to be there anymore. “No dad we haven’t you know” I answered getting up from the table and grabbing my book bag. “You don’t have to worry dad I won’t you know for a long long time” I said trying to make him feel less worried. He smiled at me and said, “that’s my girl” before I walked out. When I got to school everything seemed pretty normal. I walked to my locker and no one was there which I preferred. When Michael was around so many people hovered over our locker which made it awkward. “Hey hoe” I heard a voice call from behind me and of course it was Aleli. “Hey and don’t call me a hoe that’s rude” I said putting my book bag in my locker. “You all sensitive, any who I heard you have a geek show going on after school and I’m wondering why your hoe ass aint invite me” she said this filing her nails. “Because I knew you wouldn’t come” I responded turning my attention back to my locker. “Oh see that’s wrong. I would go if you weren’t so stank and just asked me” she said doing a neck role in between each word. “Will you please grace me with your presents at my Chemistry Group’s show? Oh how I will be lost without you there” I said sarcastically holding my hands to my chest. “Well when you put it like that I guess I’ll stop through” she said walking away. I shook my head laughing at how animated she was. I took out my books and headed down the hallway. “Hey Yahara” I heard a male’s voice call. I turned around to see Christopher. “Oh hey Chris what’s up” I responded trying to sound as friendly as possible. “Nothing just wondering what you’re doing walking alone” he said with a big smile. “It’s the morning barely anyone is here plus you’re walking with me” I pointed out adjusting my book bag. “Well I did see Michael but he was playing around with Gabriella, anyways I have to go” he said simply as he walked away. An unsettling feeling came over me when I heard the words “playing around”. Was he flirting with her? Soon the feeling died as I tried to think of something else. I got to class and sat in my usual seat. The feeling was still there but it died down by now. “Hey Margret” I heard Michael call as he sat down in his seat. I looked at him as if I could find the answer to my unsettling feeling with his eyes. “What’s wrong?” he asked as his face turned into a confused stare. “Nothing” I quickly responded as I turned my head to look at the board. He still stared at me trying to figure out what was wrong. In a way I didn’t even know why I was so upset. After school I went to the auditorium, hoping to see a familiar face. I saw Aleli in the crowd waving her hand furiously to catch my attention which made me giggle. I went backstage and got my lab coat on. Our experiment was to see if we could make a soda similar to coke. It was just a fun way to get funds for the Chemistry program. We walked out and began our show. The first group before us made smoke the color of the rainbow which made the audience impressed. When it was our turn I was a little distracted trying to find Michael. He was nowhere to be found and I began to get angry. “Yahara it’s your turn” I heard a boy from our group say pulling me out of my trance. I poured the liquid I held into a big container and added coloring to the mix. Everyone got googely eyes when it started to bubble. At the end we all took a sip and then took a bow. When I walked off I could fill a burning sensation in my stomach. I was angry, truly angry. Michael said that he would come but he didn’t and even though I doubted he would come a secretly looked forward to him being here. I walked into the audience to see Aleli standing there with a big smile. “Girl next time you come over my house you gotta make me some soda. That was good I actually liked it” she responded giving me a hug. “Thanks for coming it means a lot” I said returning the hug and pulling back. “Girl shut up you know I’ll be there for you, but I got to go see Eric. Good show though really” she said walking off. I felt lonely and the only thing I wanted to do was to go home and sleep. “Cool show” I heard someone say as I began to walk out of the auditorium. I looked back to see Christopher and I was shocked. “Chris! What are you doing here?” I asked giving him a quick hug. “Well I was in the neighborhood” he said with a big smile. “You just happened to stumble upon the school, and you just happened to come inside and notice a show going on” I said sarcastically. He smiled and looked around the room, his face started to look quite confused. “Where’s Michael?” he asked reminding me of how angry I was. “He didn’t come” I responded quickly as if I didn’t care. “Would you like a ride? It’s pretty dark” he asked taking his keys out. “Yea I would love a ride” I said taking my lab coat off. We walked out to the parking lot and there stood is car. A black mustang that made my dad’s car look like crap. It was very sporty and low to the ground. “Nice car” I complimented as I got in. He closed the door behind me and came around to the other side. “It was a birthday present when I was fifth teen” he responded as if it was a normal thing to say. “So what’s the deal with you and Michael? It’s like you guys don’t act like a couple in public” he said stopping at a red light. “I’d rather we didn’t talk about him” I said while leaning back on my seat trying to get more comfortable. “That’s fine” he said dropping the conversation. We rode in silence until we got to my house. He let me out and I walked up the drive way trying to clear my head of Michael. When I got in my room I lay down and closed my eyes hoping to fall asleep until a knock came at my window. Who else would it be but Michael? Was he trying to be Peter Pan I mean what other reason he would try to climb through my window every night. I opened the window and turned around walking back over to my bed. “You can’t stay long” I said looking at the floor. “I wanted to apologize for tonight. Something happened at my house, something I couldn’t just leave. You know that if it wasn’t important I would have come.” He said with sad eyes as if he was mad at himself. “What happened?” I asked trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. “My…my mother’s boyfriend smacked Bec” he responded between clenched teeth. “What?” I said in total shock. “It’s done I dealt with it don’t worry, just don’t be mad at me” he said sitting beside me on my bed. “Well I can’t be but so mad at you when you come here with a story like that.” We kissed and he left back out like he came. That was the last fight we had for months. The summer was filled with memories and junior year was heavenly. My dad still didn’t let me meet his girlfriend but I really didn’t care much about it. I thought that everything would stay perfect forever, that I would be with Michael forever. But senior year came and things started to turn sour.