- Text Size +

 

Michael picked up Lois and they soon arrived at the restaurant, Casa de Mexicana. The waiter seated them and took their drink orders.

 

"I hope you like Mexican food," Michael said.

 

"I do," Lois replied.

 

"You know, it's my favorite type of food. I think I could eat it every day and never get tired of it," he grinned.

 

"Wow, you must really love it," she laughed, "What other things do you like?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Well, we've been working together for awhile now and I was just thinking that I don't really know much about you, Michael, so I figured now is as good of time as any to ask you," Lois explained.

 

"Ok. Ask away!"

 

This would go down in the record books as the longest game of 20 Questions ever played, but Michael didn't mind. He answered every question honestly and told Lois that she could ask as many questions as she wanted to. He was glad that she wanted to know about him, and he wanted to learn about her as well.

 

"What about your old girlfriends? Did you have very many?" she inquired.

 

"Uh, not really, I... I'm quite shy. You know that," he answered.

 

"Yes, you are, but I'm sure that girls must have loved you. You're a sweet, kind man." Michael blushed and a short, awkward silence followed.

 

"So, enough about me. Why don't you tell me about yourself," Michael changed the subject.

 

"What is there to know? I talk too much as it is. I'm sure you already know more than you want to about me," she joked.

 

"Nonsense. I enjoy hearing what you have to say," he smiled.

 

Their conversation continued as the evening went on. Michael was elated at how interested Lois was in him. It was definitely a well-needed boost for him. Lois was taken by surprise with Michael's constant flattering. He was quite the charmer and she was beginning to like this side of him.

 

"So then I said, 'You won't see me do the chicken dance ever again!' I was so embarrassed," Michael said. Lois laughed hysterically. Michael smiled, watching her catch her breath after laughing so hard.

 

"Gosh Michael, I never knew you were so funny," she said.

 

He chuckled, "Neither did I." She laughed again.

 

 

They finished up at the restaurant and Michael took care of the check, despite Lois' protests to pay her half. On the drive back to Lois' apartment, it had started to rain. Being the gentleman that he is, Michael walked her up to the door. She quickly unlocked the door and stepped inside, then turned back around to face Michael.

 

"Want to come in for a drink?" she asked.

 

Michael hesitated for a moment, but then she gave him this look, and he could see it in her eyes that she wanted him to stay. "Sure," he answered.

 

Lois grinned widely and stepped aside to let him in. "Be right back!" she called out. Michael made himself at home and took a seat on the couch. He felt different, even though he'd been in Lois' apartment many other times. His thoughts were interrupted as Lois re-entered the room. She had removed her shoes and let her hair down. The ends of her dark hair bounced with soft curls along her shoulders. Michael looked away to keep from staring.

 

Lois brought two cups of coffee and placed them on the table in front of the couch. They talked a little about work and what kinds of things they'd be doing tomorrow at the Daily Planet. Both were grateful for the early day off and it was obvious they enjoyed each other’s company.

 

"Well Lois, I had a really great time tonight," Michael said.

 

"Yeah me too. We should do it again soon," she replied. Michael nodded. He caught her staring at him, and as he turned, they're eyes locked and slowly they began moving closer. Never breaking eye contact, they inched closer still until they were sharing the same breath.

 

"Lois?" Michael whispered.

 

"Yeah?" she answered.

 

"I think you're beautiful." With that said, Lois moved forward and they shared their first kiss as Lois and Michael. This had nothing to do with Superman, which meant that Lois liked Michael for who he was, regardless of his powers. Michael pulled back from the kiss smiling.

 

"Lois," he paused, "There's something I need to tell you," he said softly.

 

"What's that?"

 

"Lois, I..." Michael stammered, "I..."

 

"Wanna kiss me again?" she finished his question.

 

"Yeah," he sighed. He enjoyed the kiss, although that wasn't what he wanted to say. That would have to wait for another time.