- Text Size +

 

Lois was headed up to the top of the Daily Planet. A helicopter was coming to pick her up. She was going to do her first aerial report. The elevator stopped and she reached the roof. The pilot ran out to her to help her.

 

Meanwhile, Michael was just arriving back from doing a story at a local bar. He was about to walk inside, but something didn't seem right. He heard a scream from up above. "Lois!" he called out.

 

The helicopter had malfunctioned just as they lifted off. Smoke came billowing out. Michael saw it came from the roof. Michael turned around in search of a secretive location. He found a telephone booth and ran for it. Within seconds, he had transformed into the hero everyone knew and loved. He was Superman.

 

With a giant leap, he took to the skies. He would yet again, save the lives of innocent people. The helicopter was starting to go down. It was swaying back and forth; the pilot trying to keep it steady. Superman grabbed the tail of the helicopter and safely landed it near the edge of the building. A disoriented Lois scooted herself to the edge of the helicopter seat and nearly fell out of the door. Dangling by the seatbelt, she screamed out for help. Superman came to the rescue, but he was a few seconds late. Lois could no longer hold on, and she fell from the ten story building. Superman jumped off the edge and swooped down to catch her, just in time.

 

Instead of just setting her down and taking off again, he decided it was best to take her home. He landed out on the patio area and carefully let Lois down.

"I think you'll be ok now, won't you?" Superman asked.

 

"Uh, yeah. I think so. Thank you," Lois answered, out of breath.

 

"You need to be more careful. I see you a little too often," he chuckled. Lois smiled.

 

"Just bad luck, I guess."

 

"Take care Lois." Superman turned to leave, but she grabbed his arm. He turned around and she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. He kissed her back with equal passion. When the kiss broke, she thanked him and watched him fly away.

 

The smile never faded from her lips as she walked back inside. It seemed as though she had felt his lips once before, which didn't make sense to her. She didn't remember kissing him before. Oh well. All she knew was that it was an amazing kiss and she wished he hadn't left.

 

 

Michael soon arrived home. He also had a grin on his face that never left. As he sat on the couch, he closed his eyes and remembered the feeling of her kiss. Too bad she loved Superman and not him. He was dying to tell her, but somehow he just couldn't do it. It wasn't that he didn't trust Lois, but this was a big deal. No one else knew except for his parents. He decided that if Lois ever showed a romantic interest in him as Michael Jackson, then he'd have to tell her. Otherwise, he'd keep it to himself.

 

------------------------

 

Yet another busy day in Metropolis. Things started to wrap up and Mr. White told Michael he could leave early, which he was very thankful about. He couldn't wait to have some quiet time to relax. He arrived home soon, put his briefcase away and plopped down on the couch. He turned on the TV, but fairly soon after, he had fallen asleep.

 

*ring ring*

 

Michael jolted, hearing his phone go off. He cleared his throat, and then answered the phone. "Hello?" he answered sleepily.

 

"Hey Michael. Are you busy?" It was Lois. He immediately perked up.

 

"Uh... no. No, I'm not busy. Why?"

 

"Well, I was wondering, since you're off work early, if you wanted to go grab some dinner with me?" she sounded unsure.

 

"Of course! Um, I mean, yeah, sure." He hoped Lois didn't notice his excitement.

 

"Ok great. Do you want to meet me there or pick me up, or what?" she asked.

 

"I'll fly by and pick you up," Michael answered and laughed to himself.

 

"Alright. See you soon."

 

"Bye Lois," he said and hung up the phone. He ran to the bathroom and fixed himself up quicker than he ever had before. He put on his best cologne, then grabbed his coat and hat, and headed out the door.

 

 

On the short drive to Lois' house, he thought it was strange how some things turned out. Just the other day he wished for Lois to show some interest in him. Maybe it would happen faster than he thought.