- Text Size +

 

Superman smiled as he looked down at Lois. Her eyes were shut tightly, her grip getting tighter by the second. "Open your eyes," he said softly. Slowly, Lois' eyes opened wider and wider. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. She could see everything. It was nothing short of amazing. The skyline view of Metropolis was quite impressive from that height.

 

Eventually Lois got into it and she and Superman were only connected by their entwined hands. Pretty soon they were only held together by a finger. Lois smiled and closed her eyes as she enjoyed the flight, but her grip lessened and her hand slipped from Superman's. She screamed loudly as she quickly fell downward. Superman smirked, then swooped down and caught her in his arms. Lois put her arms around his neck and held him tightly.

 

The two kept flying all over the city, not only enjoying the sights, but enjoying one another's company as well.

 

 

 

Soon, they arrived back at Lois' apartment. Superman gently set Lois on the ground. She stared into his eyes and saw something oddly familiar. Superman smiled and looked away. "We forgot to time how fast I went."

 

"Oh that's ok. We can always do that another time," she was still staring at him.

 

"Well, if that will be all, I'll be off," he said. "Lois?"

 

"Oh, right. Thank you." She watched as he floated up into the sky and out of sight.

 

She turned around when she heard banging at the door.

 

"Lois! Come on, Lois, let me in!" It was Michael. She hurriedly opened the door. "Where have you been?" he asked.

 

"I'm sorry, Michael. Superman got here right after you left and then he took me flying and I almost fell, but he saved me," Lois told him all about it. She stared off into the sky as she remembered the events of the night. Michael smiled to himself, listening to her gush about Superman.

 

Lois walked over to her small vanity area and began brushing her hair, looking at herself in the mirror and thinking of being in Superman's arms. Michael watched her from a distance, in awe of her beauty. He slowly took off his glasses and took a deep breath. He cleared his throat and called out her name in a deep voice. "Lois, there's something I need to tell you," Michael started.

 

"Yeah, just a minute," she answered. She finished what she was doing and stood up. Michael immediately got nervous as she turned around. He quickly put his glasses on and went back to his "squeaky" voice.

 

"You know what Lois, nevermind. It's not really that important. I can always tell you tomorrow," his voice rushed. She looked at him funny.

 

"Oh, ok Michael."

 

"Well, I guess I'll be off then," Michael said.

 

"Yeah. See you tomorrow," Lois replied. And with that, Michael grabbed his hat and coat, and walked out. He closed the door behind him and stood there leaning up against it. He sighed, put his hat on, and went home.

 

Lois had gone back outside to sit. Now she was thinking about Michael instead of Superman. He'd been acting very strange, but Michael always acted strangely when Superman was around.