- Text Size +

 

Another long day at the Daily Planet. Michael only enjoyed his work because he was around Lois all day long. She seemed very uptight at work and never seemed to take a break. She was by far, the best reporter to ever work for the paper. Mr. White was very demanding and Lois was just the type of worker he loved. Sometimes Michael just couldn't keep up with the fast paced world of reporting, but Lois was always there to help him along and he certainly enjoyed that.

 

The day had "ended", but only because Lois and Michael needed to leave early. Tonight was the interview with Superman. Lois would put her entire life on hold for him. She was so interested in him and almost entranced by him. She wasn't quite sure what it was about him that made her feel that way. Maybe she would ask him tonight.

 

 

 

"Michael, hurry! Superman will be here any minute," Lois said as Michael closed the door on his way out. He forgot to bring the champagne. Lois specifically told him to bring a bottle of champagne. She hurriedly ran to the bedroom and sprayed a little perfume on and made sure she looked presentable. No sooner had she turned around, she heard a knock at the patio door. Quickly, Lois walked over to the door and greeted Superman. He was right on time.

 

"Good evening, Ms. Lane," said Superman.

 

"Won't you come in?" she asked him.

 

"Actually I was wondering if we could do the interview out here. It's quite nice tonight and you've got a lovely view from up here."

 

"Sure. Whatever you like," she answered. She explained to him that Michael went out to get champagne and that he would be back soon. She also told him that Michael was eager to meet him. Superman returned the sentiment.

 

"You talk a lot about this guy, Michael. What do you think of him?" Superman inquired.

 

"Michael? He's a little strange at first, but he's nice and he's sweet. He's also very unsure of himself, but hey, this isn't about him. I want to know about you. What's your real name? Where are you from? What..." Superman stopped her.

 

"Whoa, wait a minute. One question at a time please. I'm not that super." They both laughed. "I'll answer as much as I can, but I must tell you, there are things I would like to keep private. I hope that's alright."

 

"Yes, of course. I understand completely. I'm just happy you agreed to do this," Lois smiled. "Ok, first question... Where are you from?"

 

"I'm from the planet Krypton. It's quite far from Earth...well, it was. My planet was destroyed by its own people," Superman explained.

 

"Oh that's terrible," Lois said, "So, you aren't from Earth." Superman shook his head 'no'. "Are you… human?"

 

Superman laughed. "I'm not an alien, if that's what you're asking, although in many ways I'm not like humans."

 

"Right, your powers. Tell me about them..."

 

"Well, I think my strength and ability to fly are quite obvious. I also have tremendous speed. I have x-ray vision; I can hear things from miles away. There are probably things I don't even know I can do yet," he said with a laugh.

 

"And how long have you had these powers?" Lois asked.

 

"Ever since I was a child," he answered. Lois scribbled down all of his answers in her notebook.

 

"Superman, just how fast can you fly?" she asked.

 

"Hmm. Well, I've never actually timed myself, you know, but...” he paused, "why don't we find out?" he smiled. She smiled back.

 

"Ok, yeah. I'll go get my stopwatch," Lois said, but Superman stopped her. He held out his hand to her. She looked at his hand and then back up at his face.

 

"Do you trust me?" he asked her. She looked at his hand again and then put her hand in his. She nodded. He gripped her hand tightly, and slowly they rose up off of the ground, staring into each other’s eyes. Superman smiled and motioned to Lois to look down. She did and gasped as she saw that her feet were no longer touching the ground. Immediately she clutched to Superman's chest as though she was holding on for dear life. "Don't be afraid," Superman said.

 

He was going to take her on an amazing flight.