- Text Size +

 

                                           Chapter 9.

 

     The rumbling sound of a bright cherry red Toyota could be seen and heard; Tyler and Ms. Rutsker were driving around the neighborhood searching for little Lizzy.


"Aw man, where could she be?" Tyler said in a distressed voice turning his head in different directions hoping that a glimpse of her would catch his eyes. Ms. Rutsker looked at him with a concerned face as she touched his shoulder. "Now Tyler, don't worry honey we're going to find her no matter what it takes; just keep your head up and never lose hope okay?" Tyler nodded slowly wiping his tears as fast as he could and smiled. Since Tyler was a little boy, he never showed his emotions much. When Lizzy would get hurt, he was around very often making sure that she was okay and was very proud to be there for her; but now, she was nowhere to be found and he had to blame himself for not being there this time.

Later that afternoon, Lizzy was in the living room watching some cartoons on tv; Michael had some calls to make and he had told her that he would be downstairs in a few minutes. She flipped through some pages in her coloring book that she had brought with her; getting the right crayons that she needed, she set to work wanting to get every bit of the page.