- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Keep in mind the title 'Dirty Diana'. Its called Dirty for a reason.

Michael and I stood waiting for Quincy to finish talking to one of his assistants so we could alert him that Michael had arrived.

"Hey Michael!!" I heard a female voice holler from behind.

We both turned around to see a lady.. She was just as tall as me.. Maybe a bit taller.

She was beautiful... Her skin was perfectly toned with a cocoa glow to it. Her hair was curly too.. But much more bigger in volume compared to mine. Big and poofy.

Her eyes were big and round.. Very pretty indeed. Her figure was such that she looked really tall.. And skinny.

She gracefully strode towards us, her hair bouncing with every step.

She smiled leaning in for a hug with Michael as he hugged her back warmly.

"How are you..?" He asked her softly.

"I'm doing great! I've been waiting for you.." She smiled and then turned to us.

"Would you like to introduce me to your friends here?"

"Oh yes! I'm sorry... Diana this is Alana Rae and Shanice Jones.. Alana, Shanice, this is Diana Ross from the Supremes, also a dear friend of mine." Michael smiled.

"Oh yes... I know you.. The one with Thriller right?" She smiled shaking my hand.

"Yes, that's right.." I smiled. "Nice to meet you.."

"Same here! That song is some hit huh?"

I chuckled not knowing what to say of it. "I guess.. Thank you.."

"And you're Shanice..? Quincy's niece? I've never met you before... Funny cause Quincy always talks about you.." She smiled shaking Neya's hand.

"Oh is that so?" Neya smiled shaking her hand. "I'm a huge fan! Of the supremes.. It's an honor to meet you.."

"Aww thank you hun.. Well it's lovely meeting y'all!" She rushed smiling at us all.

"We should really get going.. Quincy's been waiting for a while now..."

"Mhmm... He sure has.."

We all agreed as we headed back over to him at the recording room.

*******

"Oh there you all are! I was just about to send Mark to come get you guys..." Quincy hollered as we hurried into the group of artists gathered. "Well.. Now that we're all here, lets get started?!

The room was filled with at least 50 different artists, all with a part in the song.

I had to say I was quite excited for this.

We were all to stand in rows on what could be called a stage. It was more like bleachers... Benches.

I was put in the front row along with Michael, Stevie Wonder, Lionel Richie, Paul Simon, Kenny Rogers, James Ingram and Tina Turner.

Neya, of course wasn't in this so she just stood by Quincy watching us all.

Diana however was placed in the second row.. Which she wasn't too pleased about.

"Quincy, is there a reason I can't stand in the front row..?" She scoffed.

"Well, you're not one of the main or backup singers for this.. So the second row would be right for you.. It doesn't matter really.." He shrugged trying to reason with her.

"Well.. Make me a lead singer then.." She crossed her arms huffing.

"You know I can't do that now Diana.. Not last minute. We've already fixed everything up.."

"Well there's no problem with letting me stand in the front row, is there?" She continued fussing.

"You know what?" He sighed exhausted with her attitude. "Fine. You can stand in the front.. But I can't make you a lead singer..."

"That's fine with me!" She hopped down to the bottom row and stood on the left side of Michael.

I was on his right side.

The song started.

We all sang in unison until the solo parts came for Michael and I.

For most of the chorus parts Michael was goofing around a lot. Mostly lip syncing.. Which Diana caught and she fooled around with him trying to get him to actually sing.

The whole act made me chuckle really.. It was nice to see playful attitudes instead of a dull serious one.

Overall it took us.. 5-6 hours to get everything sorted out. Of course the recording team still had to edit the soundtrack and make sure everything was alright. But all of us were done our singing parts.

5-6 hours was pretty quick considering we had 50 people in the house.. Usually it took much longer to organize and perfect the vocals.

There were many times during the song I had noticed Michael watching me. I obviously was too shy to look back but I could tell he was gazing at me from the corner of my eye.

But I didn't want to think too much of it.

When we finally finished up, we all headed to the recording equipment room to listen to what we had so far.

We went through the whole song and I noticed that at Michael's parts, he sung so sweetly and softy. He had a beautiful voice.. Almost like an angels'.

And then my part came, and I could tell eyes were set on me. I wasn't sure why.. Either I didn't sound that great.. Or I sounded better than they thought. I blushed keeping my eyes on the ground listening carefully to the music.

After going through the whole song Quincy turned to us with one of the hugest smiles plastered on his face. "IT'S PERFECT!" He shouted hugging us all.

We all laughed and cheered for the new song, which hopefully would be a hit.

But that was most definitely a record.. One song in a day? That too with over 50 artists singing.

"We have to celebrate!" Diana cheered.

"Yes!" Quincy agreed. "But not today.. We can call it a day now. But we'll all gather, and we'll celebrate. How does a week from now sound?" He asked us all.

Everyone muttered to themselves and agreed gradually.

"Alright.. And I'll book it at.. Berraeu Hall.. I'll send out the invites so y'all know when and where it will be!" He announced.

We all congratulated each other for the success in the song so far.

I got to Michael as a smile crept up my face. We stared at each other for a while.

We were both THE main singers.. And we knew this song probably wouldn't have been possible without us.

I was still allure in a gaze met with his eyes.

What was happening?

I blinked a few times trying to collect myself snapping out of the haze.

"Congratulations!" I broke the silence smiling widely.

He blinked as if stunned for a minute.

"Oh, yes! Congratulations to you too! You did an amazing job, I must say.. Your voice is beautiful.. It truly is an honor to sing with you.." He smiled.

It's an honor to sing with me?

I was taken aback for a minute there.. Wasn't he the famous one?

"I.. Oh gosh..." I stuttered. "It should be I who is honored to sing with you! You're a legend!" I exclaimed.

He giggled shyly. "Well I may be a legend... But trust me.. I feel you'll take the title 'legend' a step further. You're voice is beautiful.. You're beautiful. I'm sure you'll go very far indeed.." He smiled beaming at me.

"Thank you.. I really.. Appreciate that.." I smiled blushing at his compliment.

He smiled giggling a bit. "You're very welcome.."

And that's when I noticed he was leaning in closer.. To me. 

Chapter End Notes:

Sorry for the delay in posting! I was a bit busy yesterday in packing and shifting stuff (we're moving houses). But I'll try and keep up with posting a chapter everyday! Hope you guys liked it! Please do feel free to leave a review! I really appreciate them!<3