- Text Size +

 

Chapter 38: You Are My Life (The Wedding)

Once Jaden returned from reconciling with her mother, she finally felt was ready to tackle on the wedding with Michael.  The two planned out every detail as secretly as they could and only let their closest of close friends and family vaguely know what was going on. Michael invited parents Katherine, Joe and siblings Jermaine, Tito, Jackie, Marlon, Randy, Latoya, Rebbie, and of course Janet to “spend a weekend” with him, the children and Jaden at Windmere Island. Excited and a bit surprised that the Jackson family was being reunited on a family vacation, everyone agreed and brought their families along also. Jaden invited her much smaller family and a array their friends as well as Chris Tucker and Elizabeth Taylor to come enjoy a vacation at their expense.

The next few weeks up until the wedding were full of shopping and planning things, particularly decorations and food. Jaden, Cassie and Sabrina spent days looking for the most perfect wedding gown. It wasn’t until close to the wedding day that Jaden finally saw the ultimate one; a sweeping one of a kind gown by Melissa Sweet. The dress seemed to be made simply for her to wear it. Paris was happily allowed to pick out her flower girl dress, which was an adorable lavender pastel dress by Candygirls. Meanwhile, Michael had his suit custom made into his handsome sparkling fashion by Gino Valentino. Prince and little Blanket had their designer mini tuxedos which made them look adorably damper.

Finally, the day had arrived! Jaden, Michael and the children and the helping staff came a day prior to get settled in before everyone started coming the day of the wedding. By noon mostly everyone arrived at the guest house. Janet looked around. “It looks beautiful in here. Why does Michael and Jade have it so fixed up?” Everyone else murmured in agreement. “Where is Michael? Has anyone seen him since we came?” Katherine questioned. Nobody had an answer. A few minutes later, Michael arrived in the guest house, with Jaden holding his hand in tow. The two of them went around giving the family and good friends hugs and kisses and greetings. When they finally finished, Michael gave a sly smile at Jaden as she winked back. Michael cleared his throat.

“Everyone, we have a very, very important announcement to make,” he spoke up. Everyone quieted down to listen. “I’m so happy to have you all here with us today. This means a lot for all of you to come.”

“Man, you knew we wasn’t gonna miss out on this,” Chris Tucker cut in. “This whole island all for  ourselves! How often does this happen!!” Everyone snickered in agreement. Leave it to Chris to make anything funny, Michael thought and chuckled before he went on. “Yes, Chris we have the island for ourselves and this is exciting. But, we have an announcement to make.” Everyone began to focus on the two of them as silence filled the living room. “As you know, Jaden and I have gotten back together. And it’s become very serious. We love each other very much and I can’t see myself with anyone else.” Jaden grabbed his hand and squeezed it as Michael smiled and nodded toward her to carry on. “Well,” Jaden continued. “I love Michael and I love this family like you all are my own and…the main reason that we brought you all down here is because…. WE’RE GETTING MARRIED!! HERE TODAY!! AND YOU ALL ARE OUR GUESTS!!”

Mouths opened and gasps filled the room for a few seconds as everyone took in what was said. However, well wishes came soon after as the Jackson siblings and guests all gave Michael and Jaden hugs as if they gave their stamp of approval. The ladies stood around and admired Jaden’s engagement ring. Katherine looked at Michael, hugged him and whispered in his ear “I always liked her. She may be a little young, but I think she’s good for you.” Joe looked at him and simply nodded, acknowledging his small stamp of approval. Having everyone there this time around for marriage meant a lot to Michael and he was glad that his entire family would be there to share in his happiness with him.

Excitement filled the air for the next few hours as everyone prepared for the surprise wedding. Jaden, Michael, the children and everyone participating in the wedding got dressed, did up, and prepared for the upcoming activities as the wedding planners set up the remaining decorations to transform the house they were being married in into a wedding wonderland.

Finally, it was time for the “surprise wedding” to start. Beautiful music was played by the makeshift band and Michael entered the room where the altar was placed. He looked exquisite, as the tailored wedding tuxedo silhouetted his long, lean body. He had a bit of his sparkly style added to dark suit and lavender tie. His layered shoulder length mane was perfectly in place and his chocolate eyes shown in excitement and delight as he waited anxiously for his wife to be. Prince joined Michael as he looked up at his dad in admiration. He was ecstatic that Jaden was going to be a permanent part in his dad and family’s life. He loved Jaden and was glad to see that his dad was finally happy again.

The introductory chords to “Ribbon in the sky” played and everyone turned their attention to the Stevie Wonder, who flown in to sing personally for the wedding. As Stevie sung his beautiful song, just as well as he did on the record, everyone turned their attention as the bridesmaids (Cassie and Sabrina) and the adorable flower girl Paris made their way down the aisle. Michael’s heart melted as he saw his little girl look so graceful. He rumpled Prince’s hair, silently thanking God that he had such wonderful children and loved ones.

Lastly, it was time for Jaden to make her way down the aisle. She nervously smiled and came in and slowly made her way down the aisle, her arms latched with her brother Josh who would be giving her away. Everyone stood and gasped at how beautiful she was. The pearl wedding gown was a hit as it hugged her famous, womanly curves in all of the right places and the trail followed her every move. Her golden hair was done into impeccable waves to compliment the veil that she had on. As she continued to make her way closer to the altar, Michael began to feel tears in his eyes. It seemed too good to be true that he had found someone so radiant who loved him and was good to him. When Jaden made it next to Michael, Josh shook his hand, smiled and nodded giving his approval. He went back to sit next to Justin, his wife and Jamie, who actually showed up.  Jaden tearfully turned to Michael and took his hand. “I love you so much,” she whispered to him. “I can’t believe this is finally happening.” Michael smiled and squeezed her hand. “I love you too. This is the way it’s supposed to happen. You look so beautiful.”

The minister began to speak “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to unite two wonderful people, Michael Joseph Jackson and Jaden Kimoria Ross in holy matrimony……” After the minister went on it was time for the vowels. Being music stars, it was more natural for Michael  Jaden to write their vowels and make them into songs. Michael took Jaden’s hands and sweetly sung his lyrics “I was alone in the dark when I met you. You took my hand and you told me you loved me. I was alone, there was no love in my life. I was afraid of life and you came in time. You took my hand and we kissed in the moonlight..ooooohh….ooooohhh. I like the way how you holding me, I like the way how you love me, I like the way how you touching me, I like the way you kissing me, you see….. the world’s a better place cause you came in time. You took the rain and brought the sunshine. I was afraid cause I was hurt the last time…..” Jaden’s emotions took over as she smiled and cried simultaneously; she knew right then that she loved him more than life itself. Once Michael finished, Jaden sung soulfully her wedding vowels which she made into a ballad. “Baby don’t you ever let go, more and more until we’re both on the floor, got a feeling that my heart’s never known because I found love. I never knew the meaning of love until you gave it to me. Tender kisses and I’m floating on air, I am yours anytime, anywhere. Darling when you need me I will always be there. And our love goes round and round, way up high, a joyride. We can touch the skies above because we found love. And our love was Heaven sent from the day we first met, we found something they can’t touch…we have love. I don’t need anything when you are here with me. Nobody in this whole wide world could ever replace you in my life. It’s gonna be you and I…” Michael too began to weep and smile. He loved her song and vowels and knew he would honor being her husband in every way.

After the vowels were sung, the rings were placed on their hands and the candles were lit, the minister said his last words. “Now by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your lovely bride.” Everyone stood up, joyously clapping for the newlyweds as Michael raised Jaden’s veil and wasted no time passionately kissing and hugging her. Jermaine placed a broom in front of them and Michael and Jaden jumped over it. They were officially husband and wife.

Everyone had fun taking wedding pictures, particularly the wife and groom. They took the traditional ones and they also took silly ones with the children and family. Once that was done, everyone got ready for the fun wedding reception. Jaden changed into a more casual but equally stylish knee-length halter sheath pearl dress by Michael Kors topped it with black strapped Manolo Blahnik heels; she pulled her hair into a half updo. Michael changed into a form fitting royal blue silk shirt with Crystal designs on it made by Ed Hardy along with black leather pants. Tito happily played DJ, having all kinds of music from different eras and of course some Jackson 5, Michael and Jaden songs. Everyone had fun and took the opportunity to dance and let loose while the staff made sure that the guests’ glasses stayed full with wine and beverages and plates were filled from the array of delectable food. Jaden threw the bouquet, which Latoya gleefully caught. Afterwards, the families gave their well wishes and warm, heartfelt toasts before more music and dancing continued. Michael and Jaden danced with the children to “Shake your body” and “Thriller”, which they all had a blast until Paris, Prince and Blanket all tired their young bodies to sleep and had to call it a night.

When it was all said and done, Tito called the bride and groom to have their wedding dance. Everyone looked on as Michael and Jaden held on to one another and slow danced to cap off a perfect wedding day. Michael looked at his new wife and gave her kiss. “I’m glad that you’re mine,” he told. “I’ve always been yours baby,” Jaden said back. “Now it’s just official.” Michael smiled as he ran his hands over her curves. “You’re right. We are gonna be just fine. All I want to do is make sure you are happy and love you so you’ll never hurt again.” Jaden pulled him closer. “And I just wanna be the best wife that I can possibly be to you, to love you, and to make sure that you’ll never feel alone.” Michael caressed her back as Jaden subtly kissed his neck. “Mmmm… I love my family and guests. But you know what I’m ready for?” Michael asked. Jaden giggled as she looked around and back at him. “I think I can take a wild guess because I’m sure thinking the same thing.”

“I’m ready to get our honeymoon started.” Michael whispered in a deeper register. “I’m ready to spend the next few days loving you and making love to you like there’s no tomorrow.” Jaden immediately got turned on. “When can we get out of here?” she asked with a sultry smirk.

With that in mind, Michael and Jaden thanked everyone for coming and bid their goodbyes to both their families and new in- laws. They rented a small house deeper in the Bahamas for their honeymoon and privacy from any impending media who would be on the loose once they found out the news of their nuptials. It was then time for Michael and Jaden Jackson to go off and enjoy their first night as husband and wife.