- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Don't be a silent reader! Gimme some feedback ;-)

Chapter 19: Destiny


Once Jaden was pushed to the stage, she knew that there was no turning back. She immediately felt herself turn into another person as she sung her hit song with precision and then treated the audience to a love ballad from her album.

“When I saw you, when I saw you, I could not breathe, I fell sooooo deeeeeep…oooh when I saw you, when I saw you, when I saw you, I’d never be, I’d neeevvvveeer be theeee saaaammmmee…” she sung the chorus from deep down in her soul, her extremely strong range and melodic vocals rang out. Although she had written the song before she met Michael, she knew then that it was dedicated to him. He made her feel like another person and knew because of him, she wouldn’t be the same…for the better. Once the song finished, Jaden found herself on her knees with tears in her eyes as the audience went wild for her. She looked up and realized that she had now reached her dreams of performing for people and felt a warm, fuzzy feeling inside of her.

Once she got back up, the stage manager pushed her backstage and toward her glam squad who had to get her changed before the commercial break finished. Sasha handed her a cream and black halter top that she wore over cropped jeans and black beaded stilettos. The attire tastefully showed her ample bosom, hourglass figure, and long legs. April toned down her makeup even more with a bit of eye makeup and lip gloss and handed her gold hoop ear rings. And finally Tony quickly but fashionably whisked her thick hair up into a ponytail with side swept bangs. Jaden barely had time to think because her crew moved so fast, yet so precisely that it seemed to happen in a blur. Nonetheless, she was up and ready for her interview once the commercial ended and walked into the studio like a model off the runway.

“Thank you guys so much,” Jaden managed to say. She grinned and looked around the audience as they stood cheering, some even holding posters of her album cover. Ellen laughed. “I’m jealous. They seemed to yell more for you than they did for me!” she pretended to pout as Jaden giggled. “Never Ellen, you’re the best!” The interview continued as Ellen asked her about how she came into the industry, how long she had been singing, her amazing one-of a kind vocal range, her style of music, her multi--ethinicity, and what she liked to do on her free time. Ellen’s crazy personality made Jaden laugh endlessly as she talked to her like an old friend. “Do you have any hidden talents??” Ellen excitedly quizzed. Jaden was thoughtful for a moment as she giggled for the millionth time. “Well, I can do a cartwheel and the splits.” She confessed.

“Let’s see it girlfriend!!” Ellen coaxed as the audience yelled in agreement. “Oh my God, y’all are making me so embarrassed.” Jaden said as Ellen pushed her to get up. After a few seconds, she did a perfect cartwheel and ended up doing a sexy split on the ground. The audience went wild as some of the males gave her catcalls. “You guys are silly,” Jaden told them as she sat back down. “So one more question” Ellen began. “How’s the love life? Have anyone special to spend time with?” Jaden grinned at the thought of Michael; the world wasn’t in on the secret that she was dating the King of Pop. “Weeeelllll…..” she started. “Oh, I knew it! I knew there was a reason why you were so into that song you sung!”Ellen cut in playfully. Jaden giggled. “I do, Ellen. I can’t tell you who it is right now, but I honestly can say that I’m in love with a wonderful, caring person and I’m very happy.” “AAWWWWW…..” the audience cooed her. “I’m happy for you,” Ellen told her. “Sorry fellas, she’s all taken.” The audience (mainly the males) groaned in disappointment.

After she sung her other hit song, her segment was over. When she went backstage, everybody were beaming with excitement for her. “Oh my God Jaden you blew everybody away!!!” Cassie told her as she gave her a huge hug. “I literally cried when I heard your first set. It was beautiful.” Girl, you looked fabulous,” Tony congratulated her as he gave her a kiss on the cheek. “And what’s with doing the splits?? You are gonna have every man after you now.” “You forgot Tony,” April interrupted him. “She’s taken!!” “Ooooohhhh!!!” her crew playfully shouted. “You never told us who you were exactly dating…who is this lucky specimen???” April prodded. Jaden playfully covered her face with embarrassment as Cassie looked the other way.

“I’d rather not say…right now,” she told them. Before she could say anymore, Devin came over rubbing his hands together. “Honey, you blew them away!!! You sounded perfect, you were entertaining in the interview and the audience loved you most importantly.” He gave her a hug. “I don’t know. I was so nervous before I came out, I honestly didn’t think I could’ve done it.” Jaden confessed. “But Ellen is so down to earth, I sort of forgot I was on national television.” Devin nodded. “Hey you wanna grab a bite to eat? We need to catch up.” I planned to go back to my hotel room, curl up in my pjs, eat ice cream, call Michael and watch tv. She thought to herself. I really need to talk to him about my mother calling me today and I really need to just hear his voice. Devin saw the hesitation on her face. “I know you might have other plans, but you think you could squeeze me in?” he flashed her his killer smile. Jaden sighed. “Well…how could I say no?” she told him. “Great. I know the perfect place. My treat.” He told her. “Meet you in 20 minutes.” As he walked away, Jaden looked at Cassie who could only shrug her shoulders. This should be interesting, They both simultaneously thought.