- Text Size +

Chapter 12: Something New

Needless to say, the 30th Anniversary Concert went exceptionally well. Michael enjoyed seeing all of her fans, friends, and family in attendance. Both nights the crowds went wild as he and his brothers took the stage to perform and they were in mayhem when he performed his solo songs. Everything went even better than he expected, and he kept to his word about pushing his worried aside.

A few months went by as the two were each busy tailoring their careers. The music video went well for Jaden. The only thing she would complain about was rapper Shawty Q’s Superego, unintelligent dialect, and his unsubtle way of flirting with her between takes. The crew dressed her well and played up her naturally beautiful features. They got beautiful shots of her simply walking down the beach; however, she showed them her moves. From there she went into the studio to quickly make her solo debut album.

They used mainly pop and R&B ballads and up tempo tracks, with Jaden writing mainly all of the songs. Afterwards, she was whisked to make another music video for her first debut single “You’re Just a Daydream” from her debut album titled “Daydreaming Jade”. The two singles both made a rise in radios everywhere and both singles immediately climbed to the top of the charts. It seemed that they audience loved her voice, presence, and personality. Jaden had to practically pinch herself every time she heard her song on the radio. The first time she heard it, she ran around her house, calling everyone she knew (except her mother). She was given more money, a personal stylist, and a company car. Stardom was quickly swallowing her up.

As for Michael, he was quite busy making the “You Rock My World” video with his good friend Chris Tucker. He also did a little self-promotion, doing an appearance on MTV and a rare fan autograph signing with Virgin Megastore. His album, Invincible debuted at number one all over the world; yet he would hear reviews saying that it would not top his previous hits. Furthermore, his relationship with Tommy Mottola soured further. He had ordered Sony to scrap any promotion for his album, including tours or any further music videos. Michael had enough with “The Devil”. He planned on rallying against him as soon as he left Sony for good. Even with those things on his plate, he tried to sit back and enjoy everything that God have him. He appreciated the fact that he still could make number one records after all of the years he had been in the music industry and was still considered an iconic figure with great stage performance.

One day, Michael, Prince and Paris hung around the Neverland house on a (thankfully) lazy Saturday. He had given the nanny Grace the day off and allowed the children to watch television. They settled in on watching music videos. “Daddy, you’re on TV!” Prince excitedly stated. “Can we watch daddy?” Paris asked. “Of course sweetie, of course,” Michael permitted, proud that his children were getting old enough to understand and appreciate his career. The “You Rock My World” video was on and the three of them settled in to watch the 12 minute long video. Michael smiled; he had fun working with Chris Tucker and Marlon Brando. When it was finished, Prince said “I wanna do what you just did Daddy,” the cute little boy got up and did his best imitation of his famous father’s dance moves. “Me too! I wanna do it too,” Paris put her hands on her little hips. Michael laughed. “You both can do it. Here, I’ll show you some moves.” He showed his children some simple moves which they had fun with until they laughed themselves into oblivion. Michael loved spending time with his children; they were the joy that his life had sorely lacked once before and no one would take them away from him.

After they settled down, Jaden’s video appeared. Michael immediately sat up and smiled. She looks amazing he thought. Her video was simple yet artistic and creative. He realized that he had not talked to Jade in awhile and wanted to see her. “I like this song daddy!” Paris exclaimed. She sang along with the infectious lyrics while Prince danced along to the catchy beat. “I like her too.. I mean…. the song too princess” Michael responded. He decided to give her a call after giving the children some cereal. Jaden picked up after the first ring. “I’ve missed you!” she greeted him. “I’ve missed you too.” He said. “You’ve become quite a hit. Paris was just singing your song while Prince danced too it.” Jaden went into a fit of giggles. “I wish I could see their darling faces! Congratulations on your number one album. I told you it would be a hit!” “Oh boy. I’m just enjoying at all, even when people like Mottola don’t want to see me succeed.” “Forget him” Jaden said.

“I see that you’re doing well yourself. You have two number one singles? I told you that you would make it.” “Michael, I don’t know what to say about everything. It’s crazy. People love MY music. I performed last night and it was amazing. I now somewhat see how you feel when you go onstage to perform. It’s unexplainable. “That’s exactly how I feel every time I go onstage,” Michael said. “That’s what being a performer is all about, going out there and giving your all to the fans. Just be prepared for the media. They can be sharks.” “You’re right. I’ll be careful,” Jaden nodded. She didn’t know exactly what she was in for, but she knew she had to gather her smarts before she would be seen more in the limelight.

“What are you doing today?” Michael interrupted her thoughts. “Um…. Nothing really, I’m just gonna stop by the studio for a couple of hours but that’s it.” “Would you like to come over? I’m at Neverland. The kids and I are taking it easy today” he asked shyly. Would I? Do you need to ask? Jaden thought to herself. “Sure. I’d love to!” she exclaimed. It was an hour and a half drive from where she lived by the time she got directions. When they hung up, Michael began to get a bit nervous. After all, he didn’t get female company very often. I hope nothing goes wrong, he thought to himself.