- Text Size +

Katherine just stared at Stacy. Even though Stacy loved Michael more than anything, and wanted Michael to remember her, a part inside of her felt like she should leave. She just felt so drained, and depressed. Stacy was fighting within herself over everything. It’s lately been all about Michael and his memory loss.


It’s one thing to fight every day, and hope that a memory will trigger. However, it’s another to accept that maybe that trigger that you’re so desperately hoping for doesn’t exist. Maybe Michael lost his memory for good. Katherine had told Stacy that Michael’s memory was going to return... but it hadn’t.


It’s been a month, and Michael hadn’t remembered anything. Was it even worth it anymore? Was Stacy staying here worth it? It was so easy for Stacy to hide was she was feeling, but now it was getting harder and harder. She just wanted to give up. She couldn’t take it anymore.


Stacy hasn’t had this much pressure on her ever in her entire lifetime. There was the pressure of being the perfect model for her career, but this was different. This was way different. Stacy put her head in her hands, and sighed.


She didn’t want to give up so early, but she needed time to herself. Time to just sit down and think. She didn’t know whether she wanted to go back to Norway, or just away from Michael’s house.


Maybe she could go stay in a hotel? Just go out of California? Where would she go though? She didn’t know. She felt as though she was the one with memory loss at the moment; she didn’t know anything anymore.


She sighed again, and just stared at the floor. She could feel Katherine’s eyes on her. Stacy looked up at Katherine, and just frowned.


“Stacy, you can’t leave,” Katherine whispered. She looked at Katherine, desperation in her eyes.


“Give me a reason why I should stay,” she begged.


“Michael,” was all that she said. Stacy sighed.


“He doesn’t even know who I am though!” she shouted. Katherine put a loving hand on Stacy’s knees, and looked at her.


“Just give it time, Stacy,” she told her. Stacy shook her head.


“I don’t think I can. I can’t do this anymore. It’s so hard, and there’s so much pressure. I’m breaking, Katherine. I’m breaking...” she said as her voice shook.


“It is a lot of pressure, but you aren’t alone in this!”


“Yes, I am, Katherine! I am alone in this! Michael remembers you! He doesn’t remember me at all. I’m alone in this. I can’t put up with this anymore. I know I told myself that I was going to try everything to make Michael remember, I know I said that. However, I don’t think his memory is going to come back. I’m probably the reason why. I’m leaving. I have to go.”


Katherine just stared at Stacy, bewildered. Stacy stood up, grabbed her crutches, and left the living room. She hobbled up the stairs. Where was her suitcase? She sighed. Michael’s room. Of course. Mostly all of her clothes were in there. Katherine had moved some of Stacy’s clothes into the guest room, but not all.


AS soon as she walked into Michael’s bedroom, she got hit with more depression. So many memories happened in this room, but now they only belonged to her. To Michael, all of those memories were gone.


She left her crutches leaning against Michael’s dresser. Stacy was lucky to be able to move without the crutches; not for too long though. Michael wasn’t in his bedroom; Stacy didn’t know where he was. She shrugged it off and began to look everywhere for her suitcase as her eyes landed on Michael’s closet.


She sighed and went over to it. She opened the doors. Stacy’s suitcase was sitting right on top. She grabbed it, and hoisted it over onto Michael’s bed. She never expected this. She never expected leaving on terms like this.


Stacy expected that she was going to be leaving with Michael’s arms wrapped around her. Them making love one last time. Michael begging for Stacy to not go back, but then him saying that he couldn’t wait for her to get back.


Only it wasn’t like that.


Stacy was leaving not knowing if Michael was going to even miss her or not. She was leaving without being wanted. Michael obviously didn’t want Stacy anymore. It fucking killed her.


It was so hard to be so in love with someone, and they not love you back. Even worse, have no idea who you are. Michael obviously knew that Stacy existed, he still just didn’t understand. She opened up her suitcase, and frowned.


Most of the clothes in there were stuff that Michael had either bought her, or given to her. She remembered all of the times she’s allowed herself to drown in one of his sweaters. A small tear slipped down as she let out a small breath and took them all out. She opened one of Michael’s drawers, and placed all of the clothes in there. She looked at them, frowned, and shut the drawer.


Michael probably wouldn’t even notice that they were in there. She sighed, and looked at the top of the dresser. She picked up a familiar piece of jewelry.


Michael’s black bracelet. Fans never knew what it truly stood for, and it made Stacy chuckle a bit. That bracelet was a promise; that when Michael was away from Stacy, she would be completely faithful to him.


Stacy frowned. He was wearing the bracelet the night of the car accident. Stacy turned it over in her hands, and gasped. The stone that was wrapped in it was split right down the middle. Just like Stacy’s heart pretty much. She sat it back down on the dresser.


She grabbed onto her chest, and sighed. She reached up to her neck, and wrapped her fingers around a chain. She pulled all of it out of her shirt; on the end of it was a silver ring.


Michael’s promise to Stacy. The promise really had no meaning anymore. She slipped it off of her neck, and stared at it in her hands. She let a tear roll down her cheek.


She looked at herself in the mirror, and sniffled. She looked through the mirror over at Michael’s side table. A notebook sat there. She bit her lip. Should she write him a letter?


He probably wouldn’t even end up reading it, but what did she have to lose? She already lost the person she was madly in love with. She hobbled over to Michael’s bed, and sat on it. She picked up the notebook, and went to an empty page. She looked in Michael’s drawers for a pen, or a pencil, and eventually found one.


Michael, it began,


I don’t even know if you will read this... Hell, you probably won’t even care. But I’m leaving. I don’t mean to do this, but I think it’s for the best. I’ve been thinking a lot recently, and I think you’d honestly be better off without me around. Me being here isn’t helping your memory at all. To be honest, it’s killing me to be here.


You mean everything to me, Michael. I am so in love with you that it hurts. You don’t know who I am. I know deep down, even though you don’t remember, you love me too.


I just wish it would spark. I think me being here is holding back that spark inside of you. It’s just a little flicker, and it won’t fully come to life until I’m gone. Maybe the spark inside of you isn’t meant to reignite, and if that’s true, then we have to take that as it is.


Everything happens for a reason. I just hope that this isn’t goodbye forever... this is only goodbye for now. You’ll forever hold a piece of my heart, Michael. No, you hold the whole thing. Nothing will ever change that, not even this.


You were the first person I ever fell deeply in love with, and this kills me. Even if I don’t hold a piece of your heart anymore, you will always own mine.


I’ll never stop loving you, and I will always be here for you. Hopefully, I’ll see you soon. Maybe next time I see you, you will remember me... I love you, Michael.


I love you,


Stacy.


She read over the note, and decided it was perfect. She ripped out the piece of paper, and placed Michael’s notebook back on his side table.


She hobbled over to Michael’s dresser, and propped it up with a few things. Under it, she put her and Michael’s promises – the bracelet and the necklace. Michael wouldn’t even know what they were, but it meant something to Stacy. She wiped her eyes, packed the rest of her things, and left for the airport.

Chapter End Notes:

:)

Okay, I'm hoping to keep this story under 15 chapters, so that's probably going to be the max. length of this story. Probably.