- Text Size +

Not going to lie, time goes slow when you’re sitting in the hospital. A few weeks felt like a year. Probably because most of the time all you can do is lay there in the hospital bed.

 

Stacy was released, as was Michael. Things hadn’t changed. Michael still didn’t remember anything. Michael had to stay in a wheel chair for at least another two weeks. Stacy was able to walk on crutches.

 

They were staying over at Hayvenhurst, of course. Stacy couldn’t go home right now. Katherine stayed at home to take care of them. The doctors had told Michael’s mom and Stacy that Michael’s memory loss wasn’t that bad, but he wasn’t going to get it back over night. It may take months before he gets it back completely.

 

Michael didn’t remember anyone that he worked or had worked with. Quincy Jones, John Branca, Rod Temperton and others had come over to visit him, and he had no memory of them what-so-ever. They all looked hurt, but they knew about Michael’s condition before they had even visited. They had to brace themselves for it. They just didn’t expect it to hurt them that bad.

 

The pain in Stacy’s ribs was almost gone. Every now and then if she turned a certain way she got some pain, but nothing major. The doctors had given her prescription pain medicine.

 

The gauze was off of Michael’s head. They had to shave most of his hair off during his stay at the hospital. He only had a small amount that was left behind. Stacy wondered why they didn’t just shave it all off; that way it would have matched.Michael’s nose was wrapped in gauze, and the right side of his face was swollen.

 

Both Michael and Stacy were so grateful to be alive. Life is so fragile; they got to experience that first hand.

 

Michael was taking it day by day when it came to Stacy. He didn’t remember anything about her at all, but from the stories that he had been hearing, they had been quite happy together.

 

Stacy was going to eventually show him pictures. Not to mention, she was going to show Michael videos of his successful life, and his fans. His fans weren’t giving up on him just because of the memory loss. No way. The ones that were religious prayed for him everyday. The ones that weren’t, as Michael used to say, were sending him light and love.

 

Seeing as Stacy was able to get around without much help, she went onto an Official Michael Jackson website that had been created so that Michael could update his fans about what was going on and so that they could leave him messages on the chat boards. It was hard for Stacy to type with a cast on, but she managed pretty damn well. She sighed, Michael probably didn’t even know what a computer was.

 

Stacy didn’t post any updates on the website. Michael’s father and brothers kept the fans updated as much as they could, so she didn’t need to. Stacy went to the chat boards and started reading through the comments that people had left. A few of them actually made Stacy tear up.

 

Michael’s fans were so passionate about him. She was amazed. A lot of the comments mentioned that they wanted Stacy to get better as well. Michael’s fans meant more to Michael than anything. Stacy was so tempted to write a thank you to them, but she had no way to.She didn’t have her own website dedicated to her or anything like that, and she wasn’t about to post on his. She continued to read through the never ending list of comments. She clicked on a Youtube link that people had posted over and over. It was a get well video for Michael.

 

Stacy decided to bookmark it and show it to Michael sometime in hopefully the near future. She sat and watched through it herself. There were clips of Michael performing, Michael with his fans, Michael in interviews, Michael smiling...

 

Stacy felt herself beginning to weep. The end had pictures of themselves with get well soon signs. Stacy wiped her eyes, and held her chest as her ribs began to hurt a bit. She couldn’t stop the crying though. She hasn’t had a chance to really cry. Now that she had the chance, it felt amazing, but painful.

 

She went to Google, and typed in the words ‘Michael Jackson car accident’. Tons of articles, and pictures came up. She clicked on one, and had to turn away. She regretted looking it up.

 

There were pictures of the wreck, and pictures of them from that night trying to get away from the paparazzi. Stacy felt like she was going to throw up. She couldn’t stomach it all, it was too much.

 

She got out of that page real fast and went back to Youtube. She searched Michael’s name. Many videos popped up.

 

How could Michael not remember this? The Victory tour. The Motown performance. Many nights her and Michael would lay in bed and talk about it for hours and hours on end. Michael was so proud of that performance. Michael had shared many memories of performing with Stacy.

 

Stacy had been lucky enough to have even gone to a couple. She clicked on one of the videos that someone had gotten of the Motown performance. She sat and watched it. She wiped the last tears off of her face as she did so. She went through and watched a few other videos as well.

 

She missed Michael so much. The Michael that was a few rooms away was a completely different Michael. Even though he had memory loss he didn’t even act the same. Even Katherine and Joseph noticed it.

 

“What are you watching?”

 

Stacy jumped, and turned around. It was only Michael. Stacy put a hand over her heart, and sighed. Michael smiled softly, and wheeled himself over.

 

“Didn’t mean to scare you,” he whispered quietly. Michael stared at the screen. The video had already ended, so there was no picture; only a little slideshow of related Michael videos.

 

“What is that?” Michael asked. Stacy bit her lip and debated whether or not to show him. It might help with Michael’s memory if she showed him.

 

“That’s you, Michael. You know how you said that you didn’t believe that you were a pop star? Well... watch this.”

 

Stacy replayed the video. Michael sat there, and stared at the computer screen; mesmerized. Michael looked lost in the video. Stacy watched Michael’s facial expression. He didn’t look like he even believed that it was him!

 

“That isn’t me. That can’t be me! I’m not famous that way!” Michael said.

 

“Bah —Michael! That is you! I wouldn’t lie to you!” Stacy exclaimed. Michael stared at Stacy, his lips pressed into a hard line. Stacy just looked at him, and frowned. Their eyes met, and Michael’s face softened.

 

“Have you been crying?” Michael asked.

 

“Yeah,” Stacy answered.

 

“Why? And don’t tell me that it’s nothing. Tell me the truth,” Michael said seriously. Stacy took in a deep breath.

 

“Because I miss you, Michael! I want you to remember who you are! I want you to remember me and the love that we had together! It hurts me because I’m so madly in love with you, and you don’t know who I am. You don’t feel it right now, but you used to be in love with me too. I want you to remember how happy you truly are with the way your life is. Your fans want you to get better. Your family wants you to remember. Your friends you forgot about want you to remember. I feel so horrible that I can’t make your memory come back, but I’m going to try so hard for you, and for everyone else.”

 

Michael just stared at Stacy, and frowned. Michael was trying his hardest to remember his life, but he just couldn’t! Apparently, Michael had such an amazing life. He just couldn’t remember it. Stacy started to cry again. Michael put his hand on Stacy’s knee, like he’s done so many times before, but yet again, didn’t know it.

 

“I’m sorry I can’t remember you, or anyone else. I have a feeling that I did truly love you... it’s just that I don’t know who you are. I know you are trying to help me remember, and I thank you, but what I just watched couldn’t be me. No one knows who I am outside of The Wiz,” Michael told Stacy.

 

“Michael, you aren’t in The Wiz anymore! You are a worldwide superstar! You are loved by thousands... millions even! Michael, please! You were part of a group with your brothers called the Jackson 5! You were the lead singer! Believe me, please,” Stacy begged as she began to weep. Michael started to cry as well.

 

“I want to believe you and everyone else, I really do! I just... I can’t!” Michael yelled, and wheeled away.

 

Stacy started to sob. Katherine soon came in, and Stacy practically doubled over. Katherine dropped the bag of medicine and whatever else she got when she was out, and rushed over to her. She brought Stacy into her arms, and she held onto her.

 

“Stacy, what on earth happened?”

 

“Michael... he doesn’t believe me,” Stacy wailed, “I showed him a video of his performances, and he doesn’t believe that that’s him! Katherine, it’s hopeless! Michael is never going to remember...” Katherine shushed her.

 

“Michael will remember, he will. One video won’t make him remember. You just have to have faith.”

 

“He doesn’t even remember how in love he was with me. That’s the thing that breaks my heart more than anything.”

 

“But we all remember, honey. You brought out the best in him, and made him smile like no one else could ever do! We all remember how he was. We just need to explain everything to him.”

 

“It’s no use. Michael will just put up a fight, and not listen to anything! He’s so stubborn.”

 

“He always was,” Katherine chuckled. That made Stacy smile for a second. Michael hated when people told him what to do. He didn’t want to listen. He liked to do things his way. Stacy wiped her eyes with the hand that wasn’t in a cast, and sniffled. Katherine kissed Stacy’s forehead, and they both stood up. When they turned around, they saw a teary-eyed Michael looking at the both of them.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

:) Sorry if the updates take a little while, I've been busy lately. Going to a concert tomorrow! :)