- Text Size +

They both eyed the door very carefully. Neither of them were sure what to do at that moment. They could leave, and see if they could find a way to escape. That would be ideal. I mean, why shouldn’t they try to escape? There’s some crazy psycho who’s totally convinced that they’re going to end up killing themselves. If they don’t at least try then they’ll never get out of here! On the other hand, they’re on his turf. This is most likely his home; he probably knows every inch of this place. To add, he can disappear into thin air! That’s going to have a huge advantage! Plus, who knows what else is hidden in this house! Who knows what other tricks he has hidden up his sleeve!


“Maybe we should just stay in here,” Allison suggested. Sasha nodded.


“Yeah, I’m really not in the mood to be the stars of a horror movie,” Sasha agreed as they both sat down on the cold floor. They sat there for a good two minutes, just eyeing the door with curiosity. They were sure that at any moment something was going to pop out. Suddenly, the air in the room started to grow thick. Sasha and Allison both exchanged glances before they looked around some more in hopes of finding the cause of the sudden thickness in the air.  Soon enough, faint whispers and whistles were audible.


“Sasha, is that you?” Allison asked, knowing very well that it wasn’t her, but asked just to be positive. Sasha shook her head.


“N-no, I thought it was you,” Sasha stammered. The girls both got up from where they sat in the room. It unexpectedly grew colder in the room as the voices grew louder, and the outlines of some faces became clearer. The faces seemed to be made out of some sort of blue-ish grey smoke. Allison grabbed onto Sasha.


“Holy crap Sasha, what the Hell is going on?!” Allison panicked. Sasha grabbed onto Allison in return.


“How am I supposed to know?” she asked, “I’m just as in the dark as you are!” she reminded her. The two of them just stood there, feet frozen to where they were. The smoky faces got closer, and closer, whispering more jibberish.


Suddenly, the faces popped forward with loud screams, making the two girls scream in response. The faces continued to scream and holler at the top of their lungs! Shrieking as if it were the end of the world! They started snapping at Allison and Sasha’s faces, showing off their long, sharp teeth. Although Sasha and Allison both knew that these... faces... spirits even... would cause them no physical harm, having them there was scary as Hell! Their eyes pierced into them like daggers!


“Allison! Let’s get out of here!” Sasha cried as she grabbed Allison by the wrist, and reached for the door. She twisted and yanked on the handle, but it wouldn’t budge. 


“Sash! Quickly!” Allison yelled as she covered her ears with her hands as the screaming from the spirits continued to crescendo.


“I’m trying but the damn handle won’t move!” Sasha screamed as she continued to shake and twist the doorknob. Allison waited a few more seconds, in hopes that the handle would bust open any second, but when the same unfortunate result was being attained, she decided to take action.


“Move!” Allison yelled as she grabbed Sasha by the shoulders and flung her out of the way. Allison took a deep breath and kicked the door as hard as she possible could! It shook a little upon impact. Allison tensed up and decided to take another shot at it. She kicked it again and her foot smashed through, getting caught in the door. She let out a yelp of pain as the splintering wood from the door dug into her ankle.


“Alli! You alright?” Sasha yelled to her as the spirits continued their song and continued to wrap themselves around them and snap at their bodies with their teeth. Sasha tried to ignore them. Right now, she had to be focused on her friend.


“Yeah I’m fine,” Allison told her, half lying, “My foot’s just caught in the- aah!” Allison screeched as her movements became more urgent.


“What? What is it?!” Sasha asked as she tried to help pull her friend’s leg out of the door.


“Something’s grabbing my foot!” she screamed. Sasha swore that Allison’s screams were louder than the ones the spirits were making. Sasha pulled harder and Allison’s foot came free, her ankle all scratched up and red from the blood that was seeping out of her cuts. It wasn’t that bad, no deep wounds, it was just going to sting for awhile.


As Allison’s foot exited the newly made hole, somebody’s arm came through, reached out in search of them. The girls both quickly scrambled away, holding onto each other tightly as they screamed at the top of their lungs, completely drowning out any other noises. Another arm appeared, followed by another one and they started breaking away more bits of the door, which allowed room for more arms to fit through. Soon enough, there was a giant hold in the door, and people started stepping through! But they weren’t just people, they were dead! They were zombies! Some had dislocated jaws, others had broken bones, and some had giant punctures all over their bodies. One guy didn’t even have any arms! They were just stubs! They all walked lethargically, tripping over their feet a little. Their arms were extended out to the two girls as they continued screaming.


Soon enough, Allison and Sasha found themselves being crammed into a corner. Sasha swatted the arms of the undead away.


“Back off! Shoo! Shoo!” She wailed helplessly. When one of the zombies grabbed her arm and pulled her closer, she started crying. Allison grabbed onto her friend and pulled her back.


“Sash! I’ve got you!” Allison assured her. Suddenly, Allison felt a pair of arms grab onto her shoulders and tear her away. She started to twist from side to decide to get out of the zombie’s grip, but they were a lot tougher than they may seem.


“Let go! Let go!” Sasha continued to scream; but the zombies weren’t ready to stop. More grabbed onto her and pulled her in closer, bringing her into the middle of the mob. Their touch was haunting. Their skin was rough and dry; it felt a bit like how sandpaper would feel if you rubbed it against yourself. Looking into their eyes was like looking into and endless pit; there was no color, only grey. Most of the time, you couldn’t tell where their noses and mouths were located, there was so much blood and ripped up flesh, it seemed to conceal it.


To both of the girls’ surprise, the zombies didn’t bite them and get them infected with their disease. All they did was drag them out of the room, away from the screaming spirits. As soon as they exited the room, the screaming stopped. It seemed as though the spirits just popped away as they left the room. The two girls found that to be quite interesting, but still found themselves screaming. Suddenly, one of the zombies smacked Allison across the face in an effort to get her to shut up, and ended up making his arm fall off! Allison just stared at the arm on the floor in horror. She whimpered a bit as they continued to be led down the hallway. The zombies then let them go and pushed them down a certain hall, as if to get them in the right direction.


Allison and Sasha exchanged glances and then looked back at the zombies, who were waving their arms at them, as if to tell them to get a move on. The two girls slowly turned their gaze down the hall. It looked creepy. There were strange portraits of strange people hung on the walls, and cobwebs dangling from the walls and ceiling. Neither of them really wanted to venture down there, but there didn’t seem to be an alternative. Allison looked over at Sasha and saw her friend shaking.


“Sash, you alright?” she questioned. Sasha nodded. “Girl, you’re shaking,” Allison told her. Sasha hugged herself tight in an effort to stop her trembling and looked at her friend with wide eyes.


“That was terrifying,” Sasha noted. Allison nodded in agreement.


“You’re telling me! I’m going to be having nightmares for the rest of my life about that! We just got attacked by zombies, Sasha! Zombies for God’s sake! How is that even possible?” Allison asked. Sasha shrugged.


“It shouldn’t be possible, zombies don’t exist. And the rest of your life might be shorter than you think according to our mentally insane kidnapper, Michael,” Sasha told her. Allison shook her head.


“What does that even mean? I don’t even think I understood what he was telling us when we talked to him earlier!”


“All I know is that he thinks we’re going to end up killing ourselves,” Sasha replied.


“That’s stupid! I’m not going to take my own life just because of this! I mean, yeah, I’m scared as Hell right now, but it’s not worth taking my life over!” Allison exclaimed. Sasha nodded in agreement.


“I know! He’s messed up in the head I’m telling you!” Sasha shouted. The two of them continued walking down the never ending hallway; their heels echoing off of the walls. They both were examining the portraits on the walls.


“Lots of pictures,” Allison commented. Sasha nodded.


“Yeah, who are these people anyway?” Sasha asked. Allison shrugged.


“How am I supposed to know? I’m not even sure I know who I am anymore after that encounter!” Allison replied. Sasha chuckled a bit, glad that she was finally given a reason to smile.


“Hey! This guy looks familiar, don’t you think?” Sasha asked as she stopped and stared at one of the pictures. Allison stopped and looked as well. She nodded.


“Yeah! He does! Didn’t he go missing a few months ago?” Allison asked. Sasha nodded.


“Yeah, he did didn’t he?” she answered.


“And this girl! She went missing only a week or so ago!” Allison exclaimed as she pointed at another picture.


“And this guy!”


“And him!”


“And her!”


“And her!”


“Allison... I think there’s a pattern here...” Sasha noted. The two of them exchanged worried glances.


“Sasha, do you think that this Michael guy has been kidnapping all of these people and erm, killing them?” Allison asked with a gulp. Sasha shrugged.


“Well considering the fact that this Michael dude is screwed up in the brain, I’d think so. After all, none of these people were ever found. None of them,” Sasha replied. Allison swallowed a big lump in her throat as they continued on down the hall way. After walking for about 30 seconds, they came to a dead end, and a scary sight.


“S-S-Sasha...” Allison stammered, “You do see what I see right?” she asked. Sasha nodded.


“Y-yes,” she confirmed.


“Sasha! This Michael guy has our pictures on this wall of... of... victims! Sasha, maybe we are going to die here!” Allison exclaimed in near tears as she shook her friend by her shoulders. Sasha held her still.


“Allison stop, think positive okay? We’re not going to die here alright? We’re going to be just fine. We’re going to get out safely and we’ll never have to see this Michael guy again. Understood? We’ll get out, go back to our normal lives, meet a guy, get married, have kids, our kids will have kids, and then we’ll die peacefully in our sleep! I promise,” Sasha assured her with a warm smile. Allison smiled back at her friend and nodded.


“I understand,” she replied.


But she didn’t believe it. Sasha couldn’t promise a thing. She had no idea what was in store for them. She had no idea how insane Michael really was. She had no idea how completely helpless they were. Little did they know, they were like little puppets on a string, and Michael was their puppeteer.

Chapter End Notes:

Dun dun dun, what do the portraits mean for Allison and Sasha?? We shall see in the near future... ;) Leave a little review please! :D